Dejap is back (Samurai Spirits RPG translation)

DJW

n00b
Dejap is back on line. They currently have Samurai Spirits RPG as one of their projects. Thy have only done 10% so far. Is there anyone here who can help them?

Take alook for yourself

<a href="http://www.dejap.com/sshow.htm" target="_blank">Dejap Samurai Spirits ROG translation</a>

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I wouldn't mind helping them out. What do I have to do? I've never played the game, nor do I own it. Can I still help?

Spike

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
This sounds extremely cool. It's efforts like these that have made games such as Final Fantasy 5 and legend of Mana 3 that much more accessible to gamers. Great work, guys, and good luck!

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
It all sounds great but that project hasn't moved beyond 10% for quite some time now. It is quite low on their priority list.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
That's because none of it's been translated yet. Really, I just sent an email to them, I want to help out if I can!

Spike

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Is this some type of PC emulator, or are they planning to sell a CD? How would such a thing work?

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Neo Fan:
<strong>Is this some type of PC emulator, or are they planning to sell a CD? How would such a thing work?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd wager to say that it would be a patch much like their current translations are patches for the Japanese rom.

In this case, you'd patch an ISO (or other cd file) and then burn it to a CD.

[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: Wolf ]</p>

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Originally posted by Spike Spiegel:
<strong>I wouldn't mind helping them out. What do I have to do? I've never played the game, nor do I own it. Can I still help?

Spike</strong><hr></blockquote>

Basically, you would need to know Japanese + be familiar with the game. SNK programmed & encoded it in a weird way so it's not a straightforward translation attempt. All kinds of weird crap with that one.

And yes, 10% was what it was at quite a long time ago.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I've been playing through the game a second time. I must say, it really is a beauty! Too bad SNK didn't make an official US release of this one.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
I contacted these guys a long time ago about helping them out and this particular game is giving them problems. Apparently the way it is encoded is preventing them from getting a proper script dump.

Jeff

christopher belmondo

Fio's Quartermaster
Originally posted by Spike Spiegel:
<strong>That's because none of it's been translated yet. Really, I just sent an email to them, I want to help out if I can!

Spike</strong><hr></blockquote>

great spike !!
wish i could some japanese too !!!

great team dejap,go on with this good work !!!
when we don't had them some good games i would only know them in japanese !!!

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: christopher belmondo ]</p>

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
KOF Kyo is crap. Pretty artwork, nice voice acting, and absolutely zero play value. Even the much-vaunted anime SDM sequences are crappily drawn. Ever play Dragon Seed on the PSX? That's pretty much EXACTLY how KOF Kyo's combat is. Utter garbage.

SSRPG, on the other hand, actually was a good game. However, a translation project has more than a few hurdles to overcome... even once they dump the script, translating it will NOT be easy. SSRPG uses a lot of very archaic speech and obscure Kanji. I doubt this will ever get anywhere close to finished, but I'd still play it... I'd like to understand the parts I couldn't make out while playing through it. ;P

-Deuce