is CVSNK2 coming to DC?

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
i was just wondering if this game was CONFIRMED for the DC yet. by the way, i'm new.

I don't think it was confirmed yet. I don't think it will be because it will be near the end of the Dreamcast's life. We can only take a wait and see approach on this one.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
lets hope it never releases i hated the last one get kof evoltion it actually requires some extent of skill..

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
i have CVS and KOF evolution. they are both pretty bad-ass in my opinion. i like CVS better, though.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Hey foreman. expect to see cvs2 confirmed. I would bet money that it will make its way over to the dream cast.

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
oh fuck yeah! i got my fingers crossed, bro. any other big fans of CVS out there?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
I don't think it was confirmed yet. I don't think it will be because it will be near the end of the Dreamcast's life. We can only take a wait and see approach on this one.

I disagree. CvS2 was announced and under development in Japan (which was last ctober, I beleive) even before the original game was released on the Dreamcast in USA. The Naomi system has been popular with Capcom, and I don't see a reason for them to develop on anything else (at least at the time work on CvS2 began). So, it only makes sense that the sequel is being developed on Naomi.

Sure, Sega announced that it will continue hardware production of Dreamcast in late January, but CvS2 was probably too far in development to switch to another platform at that time. And even if it did want to switch to another platform, what would it be? Not PS2, as Sony doesn't want 2D games. X-Box? I doubt it. I haven't seen anything about officially-annouced Capcom games for X-Box yet.

Understand also that Capcom has had very close ties with Sega. In the case of the Saturn, Capcom stuck it out until the very end of that sytem's life, producing games until the very end. I imagine the case will be the same here.

Above all, remember that Dreamcast *software* is not yet dead. There are enough people who want this game that it makes sense to be released.