King of Fighters Evolution for Playstation

According to a friend of mine at Funcoland the price of the soon to be released King of Fighters Evolution for Playstation is going to be $9.99. Has anyone else heard that it is supposed to be that cheap? They have been wrong on game prices before but usually it is due to the game being a distant release not one that is due out in the next couple weeks.

C

Caris Nautilus

10 bucks sounds unreal. But I heard the PSX version kinda sucks. Seeing as the USA evolution is 29 bucks, and the import can be had for 20, the 10 might be right. but thats extremely cheap for a new release.

S

Silent_Scope

"bary bary cheap"........

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Sounds interesting, but I've seen it advertised for $29.99 already.

And yes, it does suck.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah, lots of comboes aren't even available in it because so many frames of animation were cut out.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Does the PSX version have Polygonal BG'S?

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited April 05, 2001).]

C

Caris Nautilus

No that was a dreamcast only feature. Besides the PSX couldnt handle it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ukyo:
Does the PSX version have Polygonal BG'S?

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited April 05, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

DC rules~~~~

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
SamuraiX was right, $9.99 alright.

http://www.gamestop.com/product-detail.jsp?origin=csla&sku=261375

All I can is wow. Wierd seeing any version of KOF99 for $9.99. The game is a terrible conversion, I repeat, but for $9.99? Shit I'll buy one just to look at it
wink.gif

S

Silent_Scope

One thing I don't understand is that at price of $9.99 that Agetec will not make any profit (or just a little bit).......
PS gamers are the big winner but Agetec.....I don't get it.
Plus $9.99 game doesn't have good reputation (remember there is one company releasing $9.99 price tag game and most titles aren't that good?)

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

It makes you wonder why they are even bothering to bring the game out. With so many things removed from the game is it really worth it to port it over to the Playstation?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
People seem to by these 9.99 games regardless. I work at the EB (don't laugh) and the amount of copies of 'Bass Fishing' that we sell is obscene.

Maybe this will get more people to play KOF (ableit a watered down version). Who am I kidding? Who is going to have time for KOF with all of those Army Men games we MUST buy.

What do you think Silent?

S

Silent_Scope

well, more ppl play SNK game is a good news. I haven't played PS version so I don't know how "bad" it is...........

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Rade K

20 Year Member
How I am supposed to beat Shen Long when he does not even exist? Isn't Shen Long another word for the dragon punch. And besides, ever since they watered the Dragon punch down, I think I may stand a chance against it. What do you think?

------------------

30715870.jpg

Late on the whole Neo Geo thing.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Are any of the KOF games on the PSX any good? what about RealBout Fatal Fury is that any good for the PSX?

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
My brother has the import KOF95 for PSX ... we haven't played it in years but it sure kept us busy back in the day.

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rade Kuruc:
How I am supposed to beat Shen Long when he does not even exist? Isn't Shen Long another word for the dragon punch. And besides, ever since they watered the Dragon punch down, I think I may stand a chance against it. What do you think?

Actually Sheng Long is Akuma.....hahahhah.
If you can beat Akuma and then you have a big chance to challenge me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I saw the PS Metal Slug X covert art on Gamestop.com's brochure........I like the new cover art.......it may be better than the Japanese one
smile.gif
Good job, Agetec
smile.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

C

Caris Nautilus

Remember KOF Evolution is NOT on PSX. KOF 99 is, hehe. Only the Dreamcast Version is called Evolution...

Plus the PSX 99 sucks big time.

Rade K

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
Originally posted by Rade Kuruc:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I saw the PS Metal Slug X covert art on Gamestop.com's brochure........I like the new cover art.......it may be better than the Japanese one
smile.gif
Good job, Agetec
smile.gif

Shen Long is Akuma? I could have swore that Ryu was refrencing his Dragon Punch.

I heard that Gamefan liked the MGX cover, so I will like it too.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smokey:
Are any of the KOF games on the PSX any good? what about RealBout Fatal Fury is that any good for the PSX?

Hmm. I wonder how many people actually played the game for substantial amoubnt of time, or owned it. And of course, since everyone has diff objectivity, your "is that good" depends on whom you ask.

If you can, get RB
biggrin.gif
ominated Mind. It is excellent. Personally, I thought KOF 99 for Ps was decent--comparing that w/ KOF 95 & 97 (or even 98). It's loading is the fastest of all the previous PsX versions, and is even faster than the KOF 99 w/ Neo Geo CDZ. Defintely you can tell the diff in the frames and such, but the biggest one is the sound (very low and tinny). It's understandable, since Ps have no lttle memory to work w/, and sound takes alot of memory. W/ Ps's limitation, I was surprised to see that they actually done a fairly decent job. Of course, it doesn't even compare w/ the Dc version.

BTW, I also find $9.99 abit hard to believe. The price listed in their computer is not fixed--ask them. They will say that it's not definite. Funcoland (and others) have habit of rasing prices (even lower on some rare cases) when they get the game.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

S

Silent_Scope

$9.99 is too true to believe.........
Gamefan likes MSX cover? I thought it's gone for months???

Anyway, Sheng Long = Shoryu = Rising Dragon and is referring to Dragon Punch.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Rade K

20 Year Member
Shen Long is Akuma? I could have swore that Ryu was refrencing his Dragon Punch.

I heard that Gamefan liked the MGX cover, so I will like it too.

I was making a really bad joke about the gamefan thing. some guy is using gamefan as a source for all his opinions...anyways i suck

S

Silent_Scope

I was making a really bad joke about the gamefan thing. some guy is using gamefan as a source for all his opinions...anyways i suck

so who are "some guys"? Including me?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Is that a joke? Akuma (Gouki) is not "Sheng Long." I haven't thought about it for literally 6 years, but "Sheng Long" is Akuma's older brother, Gouken. Akuma (Gouki) and Gouken trained under Goutetsu for years, and Goutetsu warned the two of them about dark shotokan techniques, especially the "Raging Demon". So Gouki and Gouken went out into the fighting world and ultimately Gouken started teaching students, particularly Ken and Ryu. As this occured, Gouki became more and more infatuated with dark shotokan techniques, until he finally found the scroll that taught the "Raging Demon" and murdered his brother, Gouken (Sheng Long). Man I hope that's right, forgive me if it's a bit off, I haven't payed attention to many games for 6 years.

S

Silent_Scope

Good Street Fighter history. I almost forgot everything for the past 10 years, maybe?

No matter Gouki, Gouku or Sheng Long what-so-ever, you have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"