!Arcade! bad Ebay Feedback

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Just look at their FeebBack +25 negative's !!!! What's going on maybe !Arcade! is not as legit as we tink.... ?

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=!arcade!

------------------
garou_freemanstand.gif

"Back in Black....."

Based on that I would say that they are a bit shady. I see the same complaint on multiple occasions.

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Holy shit! 25 negatives and 5 within the last seven days. I will not buy ANYTHING from them. 400 bucks is alot of money to be getting this answer from them "We really must find out who signed for the first item before we send another!!!!"

S

Silent_Scope

very suspicious.....
who were those buyers?
have to find out the truth behind it.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Odd case indeed.

Look at the majority of those recent negatives though. 0 feedback users. Sounds fishy to me. Looking at this objectively, I don't see a reason for them turning to scamming people now for no apparent reason.

Seems most of their problems stem with delivery issues. Items not arriving, needing to confirm delivery of item and such.

Going back a few feedbacks:

"User: joej500 (-1) Date: Mar-13-01 08:16:03 PST Item: 1113319501
Complaint: Ordered 19 Feb. 23 Feb told it's on way. 13 March not here. No reply to e-mail"

Arcade replied:

"User: !arcade! (564) Date: Mar-13-01 08:38:03 PST Item: 1113319501
Complaint: Are we now responsible for your USPS screwing up delivery of your package?"

He has a couple like this, and then later the ones about finding out who signed for it(guess he started using some type of delivery confirmation)

Most of the negs are fairly recent as stated and all seem to stem from the same type of complain about delivery. Could just be some people trying to screw with Arcade, could be possible.

Maybe Arcade has something to say? Doubtful though, cause he never posts anything here anymore, even when directed at him.

S

Silent_Scope

hmm.......
Arcade....where are you?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
I recently purchased one of those adaptors from !Arcade! and had no problems with it arriving. He normally uses Fedex shipping which arrives the next day. Hard to beat that kind of service.

I did have some problems with the adaptor itself on one of my older systems. It seems that machines with serial numbers lower than 20K have loose cartridge slots and will not work with the adaptor. So, I contacted Ray Young and he has been very responsive to my questions. I am going to end up sending this machine to him to have the slot upgraded. It will cost $50 plus return shipping.

Take my experience for what its worth but so far I am satisfied all things considered.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Funny how thoes Ebayers knoe how to post feedback and most of them have a (-1) feedback rating.
The rest have about 15 with negative feedback.

Thats how Ebay works where a ebayer with 0 to less than 20 whatever feedbacks can post negative feedback to some one that has about 600 positives.

!ARCADE!'s website is lookin good and seems to be comming out nicely designed. http://www.neogeousa.com/

For thoes of you who are wondering where he is or what hes up to is what im thinking also but i bet hes has many projects and ideas for the Neo scene.

Lord Illicious

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Illicious:
Funny how thoes Ebayers knoe how to post feedback and most of them have a (-1) feedback rating.
The rest have about 15 with negative feedback.

Thats how Ebay works where a ebayer with 0 to less than 20 whatever feedbacks can post negative feedback to some one that has about 600 positives.

Lord Illicious

So what difference does that make? While I will admit that people with all neg feedback posting negatives seems fishy, I don't see how the my positives to your positives ratio fits in. I only have 12 feedback (all positive) and I don't care if the person I am dealing with has a million positives. If they screw me, they're getting a neg.

Jeff

Shawn

snkusa.com
The negative that Arcade is leaving for all his customers “We really must find out who signed for the first item before we send another!!!!” shows that all of the customers paid in full for both the item and shipping. To have 15 packages (13 negs + 2 neutrals) lost in the mail during a period of one month is unheard of. Which reminds me, my first package from Arcade was deemed “lost in the mail”.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Arcade seems damn shady to me now after seeing this. How the hell could so many packages be lost!

S

Silent_Scope

Maybe lots Neo maniacs work at post office/UPS/FedEx/DHL.......
biggrin.gif

If that's the case, I'll change my job right away......(expect more "lost mails" in the future)

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I thought that the stuff was suppose to be sent through FedEx because it was the "Safest" way to protect your investment and theirs......what is there some Fedex guy stealing Convertors and Final Fantasy jewlery? I am not for or against either......I just don't understand how so many pieces of stuff got "lost". Maybe there is a new guy at FEDEX that was an EX-Con and loves Neo Geo.....and can't get enough Final Fantasy stuff.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

I

Iori

The Mod chip I bought off of him a couple of months go was lost. He later sent another one to me which I promptly recieved. He is a trustworthy seller and I will recommend him to anybody here.

------------------
vicecharge.gif

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Maybe all the negative feedbacks are fictionalized complaints by DIOn
tongue.gif

S

Silent_Scope

Maybe Dion has a part time job as FedEx driver and he recognizes Arcade's address so he picks some up for himself.......
We might see NGF selling "convertor" now.....

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Check out the feedbacks, and then hit the links to the items to see what they were for. I just looked at a couple out of curiousity, and did not see any that were for the Neo Adapters, but I did not check all of them. Also, they were not shipped VIA FedEx either....

Basically, Ebay does not have a stance on 'lost items.' Many people agree it is the sellers problem. In the cases I looked through, there is basically an admission in the feedback that money was received, and items were shipped, so the as long as the user leaving the feedback is being truthful (usually if they have more than 10 feedbacks, with the only neg from the one they neg'd, thats good) the general fault lies with the seller as far as lost mail.

I, myself, have been through this agony a whole lot over the last 3 months, THANKFULLY out of 540 shipments out this year, I did not have a single lost package, but I did have many that took over 3 weeks for delivery.

In this circumstance, communications with the bidder is EXTREMELY important. I received many nasty emails from bidders about the delay in receiving items, in which I would reply that the items had been shipped, provide them with a link to the scan of the receipt, and let them know their options. If the item was insured, after 30 days, they could make a claim, otherwise, we can have the post office try to track it down.

Basically, you need to do your best at customer service in these instances.

And I doubt Dion was the bidder in those cases, but who knows. If he was, he must have a thing for Final Fantasy jewelry!
wink.gif

C

Caris Nautilus

That many "lost" items in the period of time is unheard of. I have only ever had one package lost in my history of mailing things, and even then it accually came back to me 2 monthes later (Turned out the mail guys forgot to stamp it)

That many negative feedbacks seems odd, I know theres no way I'm uying from them now. I have seen to many times someone get a load of bad feedbacks on ebay in the course of a month, and then dissapeer

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
And I doubt Dion was the bidder in those cases, but who knows. If he was, he must have a thing for Final Fantasy jewelry!

Maybe he needed an anniversary present for Chris Ray >;)~

Anyways, from a legal standpoint, the item is no longer the seller's responsibility the second it is in the possession of the shipper.

HOWEVER, out of 'good will,' the seller is still supposed to somehow compensate for the buyer's loss to maintain an ongoing business relationship.

I really don't think this thing is too big a deal, I mean so many negs at once? That's not possible, a whole delivery truck and/or plane would have to disappear off the face of the earth for that to happen.

I think it's all a hoax.

K

KiddragoN7676

User: frenchy-the-king (21) Date: Jul-16-00 16:56:35 PST Item: 353420067
Complaint: I sent the money. I've e-mailed many times. Never responded after a month.

Response: Like we are really going to rip you for a keychain - GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-up: Not the point. I'm out $40 because you can't keep track of things.

LOL well thats very polite of them!!
smile.gif

------------------
Neodragon.jpg

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
Anyways, from a legal standpoint, the item is no longer the seller's responsibility the second it is in the possession of the shipper.

Actually, that is not true. The Postal Service is not responsible for anything if lost. They are only responsible if insured. If the auction is through Ebay, 'basically' it is the sellers responsibility for an item to get to a buyer, and the best thing a seller should do to protect themself is to insure said item. And even with 'Delivery Confirmation,' if an item is lost, and the Postal Service can not find it, the burden lies on the seller. Moral of the story, always insure, coats the pockets of the Postal Service, but protects the seller in an easy way for the bidder to get a refund.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">HOWEVER, out of 'good will,' the seller is still supposed to somehow compensate for the buyer's loss to maintain an ongoing business relationship.

Yes and no. Just because someone said they shipped something does not mean they actually did it. It is always good to keep records of every shipment and ALWAYS get a cash reciept with the city and zip code of all packages sent. If problems arise, this will usually appease the buyer for a while and they will immediately place blame on the incompetincy of the postal service. Communications, very important.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I really don't think this thing is too big a deal, I mean so many negs at once? That's not possible, a whole delivery truck and/or plane would have to disappear off the face of the earth for that to happen.

I think it's all a hoax.

How can it be a hoax? Ebay has drastically changed its rules over the past few years that prevent things like this from happening.

One thing I did notice, the auctions where the items were claimed to have been shipped, positive feedback was not left. One good measure as a seller on Ebay is to leave positive feedback the day or day after an item is shipped, that also gives the bidder a little confidence, if need be, you can negate it later.

I think there could be a couple possible issues here of what might have happened....

First, maybe they are working too hard, and are missing orders, or are missing emails.... It does happen, people get overburdened... Hell I would pack up to 28 packages in 1 night a few times, and the USPS would hate me when I showed up to ship, all of the work the clerk would have to do....

Second, maybe the Postal Service from them is really bad, although the Postal Service is usually NEVER this bad, if this is true, the seller should be finding an alternate means for shipping and be in constant contact with their customers, and also nagging the Postal Service about the number of lost packages.

buster_broon

The Rock,
I won Street slam from them over a month ago and still nothing, but i'm happy to give them upto 2 months before i complain

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Ya, it seems that some of the negatives have to do with deliver. What folks need to realize is that they are based in Canada. If you are in the USA then there will be a delay. Then there is customs. I sent two boards to !Arcade! for repair. It took about 10 days for the boards to get back to me after they shipped. Why? It appears that US Customs held it up for a few days. In fact, US Customs had opened the boxes and resealed them before I got them.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
This has been a long time coming. Arcade's does have problems. Remember Arcade was originally claiming his converted games to be legit releases. Now does this put Arcade in the same leagues as those other guys? I'm just saying buyer beware.

s2112d

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
When was this? I dont recall !arcade! ever claiming that his converted releases were legit releases. Was it on these forums?

Originally posted by jbeedham:
Remember Arcade was originally claiming his converted games to be legit releases. <hr></blockquote>

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: s2112d ]</p>