Buy-Wrong came through!! About f*@king time. Bastards.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Holy fucking shit, I finally have the KoF 2000 cart that I paid fucking 2 weeks ago. I'm fucking happy now. Lucky thing for Buy-Fuck that it was in Mint condition. It did make that funny static the first time I inserted it but after a few wipes with the swab, it worked like a charm. You don't know how fucking relieved I was to finally get that game. But the fucking bastards used only 2 wads of newspaper, which didn't secure the cart in that oversized parcel box. I even paid a little extra for padding.

One time I inserted it and when I turned on the power, there were some funky randomly changing green/white/blue pixelation; and the Neo Geo start up screen didn't come on. This happened with my Magician Lord a few times. Anyone experience this, and what causes that weird static?

In the beginning...
I politely emailed Buy-Wrong and confirmed my order. I typed a descriptive letter, with big, easy to read font, and even used bold. I sent out this along with the M.O. via priority mail, in a nice sturdy envelope. They received it in 3 days.
But the fucking shit company takes 2 fucking weeks to fucking send me this game that I fucking paid for in such a fucking efficient manner. It shows that no matter how careful one is with Buy-Fuck, you will always get screwed in some fucking way. You better fucking believe it to. I didn't, and wasted precious gas and time, checking my p.o. box like a fucking idiot.

Beware of Buy-Wrong, Fuck, Screw, Freak... insert vile word here.

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

Ukyo

20 Year Member
I know, I know...Buy-Rite can be quite a bitch at times
smile.gif
I got my KOF 2000 from them on launch and I only recieved it about a day later than most people. However...mine was package EXTREMELY well in 2 Priority Mail Type Bubble Bags...as well as foam...they must have gotten lazy with you guys.

------------------
Hideo Kojima...I love you:)

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">One time I inserted it and when I turned on the power, there were some funky randomly changing green/white/blue pixelation; and the Neo Geo start up screen didn't come on. This happened with my Magician Lord a few times. Anyone experience this, and what causes that weird static?

I've had this happen a couple of times myself, with various carts, though I can't remember which ones at the moment. I think all it may be is the cart doesn't make an absolute contact with the connectors in the system. One time, I put in a game and got the pixelation, but instead of removing the game and re-inserting it, I nudged it a little with the power still on, and it snapped back to normal. However, I wouldn't recommend this. It's always better to just take it out and try it again.

As for the static thing, here is a copy and paste from NeoLord pertaining to that...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I extend my thanks to all those who replied to my post. A special thanks is owed to
Brent for his insider info on an apparent defect in some KOF2K cartridges. There
were (as he explained) frayed bits on the cart connector that almost resembled hair
(gold hair, that is!). After using a Q-tip saturated with straight alcohol, I went to
work cleaning the connectors. I also used a can of pressurized air on my Neo's
cartridge slot, and luckily I did! Small frayed bits from the KOF2K cart
(accompanied by a small cloud of dust) came flying from the cartridge slot into my
face.
I can only imagine the damage those frayed bits could have caused to my cartridge
slot .....

I had the same static problem myself with KOF 2K, but I took the easy way out and just called NCS and had them send me another one. At least we'll know what to do if there's another (God forbid)unfortunate static problem.

lou_preview.gif

www.fanscene.org

S

Silent_Scope

I only order DC and PS games from Buyrite therefore nothing really happnes. Yeah, it's true that service at Buyrite is on and off a lot of time. Sometimes I received my item in a very good and secure package and others didn't. Weird.....

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

zz99

Woopeee !

Got my kof2k from buyrite yesterday (04/04/01) after ordering it on 03/16/01. Although I'll be honest buyrite got it to the UK for the 23rd March, so not bad shipping time there. It was sat at the post depot while they figured out what import tax to slap on it (£41) - doh ! Had to drive there to pick it up.

The cart was packaged in just a cardboard box, the exact same depth as the cart, but not in length. There was no padding. This meant the cart had been banging up and down the box, luckily it's in good condition
smile.gif

Anyways played the game - it's totally excellent, very glad I bought it
biggrin.gif
So that sort of makes up for the stress.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I'm elated to hear that your KOF2K cartridge finally arrived, BakuretsuMutekiSid.

My cartridge was secured with two bubble lined bags, so I don't have any complaints
on my end. What baffles me is Buy-Rite's service, which changes almost daily.. It makes you wonder...

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net