Kof 2002 coming in Oct

mungrin

Panko KING,
man i cant wait read this from mmcafe

Playmore, Eolith and Sun Amusement Co. have released first details on their upcoming 2D fighter game for the NeoGeo/MVS system, "The King Of Fighters 2002", through Enterbrain Inc.'s Arcadia magazine.

"The King Of Fighters 2002" is scheduled for release in October for the Arcade MVS system, running at approximately 700Megabits. Development is currently 90% complete. The company structure for development and distribution will be the same as KOF2001.

As a game running between story chapters, "The King Of Fighters 2002" does not have a distinct storyline and will be positioned as a dream match battle, similarly to KOF98. Specific details on the characters and game system have not been revealed as of now.

David Koresh

Kula's Candy
mad man's cafe

cant seem to find the right .com combination though its been a while since ive visited the site.........

[ July 27, 2002: Message edited by: David Koresh ]</p>

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
It would be nice if it was way over 700 megs. It has been around 700 since 1998. I am afraid that graphically, it won't look much better than the previous releases. Still it is good to see that the Neo Geo is still being supported by developers.

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I don't know, it might look better. Not to sound too clichéd, but it's not the size...it's how you use it. Hehe.

I wouldn't mind another game with the in-game graphical style as KOF2k1 (except for those weird character select photos). But what they need to change is the music, big time. The only track I liked was Ignis', and it seems out of place with the rest of the odd, repetitive, annoying music.

I wonder if they're going to make an AST for the Dreamcast/PS2 versions of 2k1. I don't know how you'd even make an AST for that awful stuff.

In any case, I just think they need to get back some of their old creativity, mix it with some of the new, and they could work wonders with 700 megabytes.

Maybe all they need to do is get the "Psycho Soldier" theme back in there, and things will fall into place. :D

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
i just hope they improve the quality of the stages in 2002. they really let me down in 2001. i personally loved the artwork, variety of charcters and gameplay but the crappy dull stages just ruined it. 2 or 3 winning levels out of the total just didnt cut it in my book. oh well looks like ill fork out another 299.00 oops 325.00 to find out. rrRRR

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
After KOF2001, I have zero hopes for this thing.
SvC is another story though. I'd much rather have SvC come out bitchin'. KOF is bankrupt of ideas or innovation, and has been since '98. Time to pull the hook on this tired ass vaudeville show.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yeah I was way let down on 2001 as well. I thought the stages in 2k were just great. But from what I have heard 2002 is going to have some really kick ass shit.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Originally posted by mungrin:
<strong>man i cant wait read this from mmcafe

Playmore, Eolith and Sun Amusement Co. have released first details on their upcoming 2D fighter game for the NeoGeo/MVS system, "The King Of Fighters 2002", through Enterbrain Inc.'s Arcadia magazine.

"The King Of Fighters 2002" is scheduled for release in October for the Arcade MVS system, running at approximately 700Megabits. Development is currently 90% complete. The company structure for development and distribution will be the same as KOF2001.

As a game running between story chapters, "The King Of Fighters 2002" does not have a distinct storyline and will be positioned as a dream match battle, similarly to KOF98. Specific details on the characters and game system have not been revealed as of now.</strong><hr></blockquote>

good morning,slept well?

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=004177" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=004177</a>

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>

good morning,slept well?

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=004177" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t= 004177</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Ya see what i mean!! ;) can't people read!!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Originally posted by NeoDragoN:
<strong>

Ya see what i mean!! ;) can't people read!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

ah well what can you do

at least we got the chance to spam