Speaking of Neo on Other Platforms

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Many of us that are Neo heads also support the DC due to it's 2d capabilities and its support of the 2d genre. Since the DC is to be no more, I find this interesting. I would love to see some Neo content on this platform. This excerpt is taken from "Video Business Weekly."

"MARCH 30 | Bill Gates took his Xbox message to the pivotal Japan audience Friday, announcing a long-term strategic partnership with Sega that includes 11 Sega titles premiering on Microsoft's new console, including Jet Grind Radio Future, Sega GT 2, GUNVALKYRIE and a new Panzer Dragoon game."

Um...hello? Dragoon? Sweetness. I think the X will be the new home for 2D fun. Sega has always been known for being open to lots of different kind of content. Sony is absolutley NOT known for that. The fact that Sega is on board I think bodes well for us as 2d fans.

How about a KoF that allows you to edit your own character? You could certainly with the storage capabilities on the X. Anyway, I thouhgt the folks on this board wouldbe particularly interested in this.

Here's the Full Story.

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited March 30, 2001).]

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes! finally there is somebody else that actually likes the xbox. Most people here always bash it, but look at how much it can do. I think if they put neo games on the xbox though, they should utilize the hard drive. That way they could be very close to the arcades, no load time, you could use the ram mostly for video and sound w/o leaving out frames of animation. I love SEGA's games! Now, it is obvious that xbox is getting some major support. I mean come on, SEGA alone is providing at least 11 titles as of right now. Now i just can't wait for the renewel of Panzer Dragoon... just look at what they did with the saturn versions.

------------------
svcm_ioristance.gif

MVS is eternal...but I love my Pocket.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I guess I don't understand why someone would hate the X. It is, hands down, the best put together box for the game DEVELOPER to come along since the PSOne. It's not short on...well...anything. RAM, storage, ports, Broadband; from the ground up they did it right.

They are also seemingly very open to a wide variety of content which can only be a good thing for us Neo heads. If they can cram MSX onto the PSOne, just imagine what we might get without any limitations. An MS Colection? Last Blade collection with higher res? Who knows. It may be wishfull thinking, but the SNK roster is still a viable commercail commoddity.

I guess if you hate Microsoft or Bill, your mind is already made up. I would say, don't let your feelings in this regard blind you to a really nice configuration of silicon. In any case, of the three systems after DC, this is the one that I am looking forward to. Well...GBA too, but that's a different market.
icon33.gif

J

jethrek

I must have missed the developers raving about the X-Box.

And Broadband is not right for all of us. More users are on 56K right now than not.

I won't let my hate for MS blind me (though I could state some good instances that have planted doubt in my mind). But I DO hate monopolies, faked screenshots, huge size and bloated release specs.

The key is that the newbie to the market must have more than a DECENT system. I'm not counting them out yet, but they have to win me over.

------------------
"Don't count out Nintendo" -Sega

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
But I DO hate monopolies, faked screenshots, huge size and bloated release specs. Did I mention cost is an issue too?

So you hate Sony also? ^_`

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I think the main reason why most people hate the X-Box is because they hate Microsoft.
biggrin.gif

But it seems as this is the only system left that will cater to the 2D audience. I don't believe for a second that Sony is going to start doing 2D games anytime soon for the PS2, and Nintendo hasn't been focusing on getting many popular third party support lately with their N64.

But who knows... maybe another game system will come out of hiding from another company and shatter both the X-Box, Gamecube and PS2 with all of the hype each one is conjuring up. In a way, I PRAY that it does happen. Nothing is worse than a company using three years of hype to try and sell a game system, then have no good games to show for it.

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
I'll admit I hate Microsoft, they make bad products. I'll alos admit the Xbox is a well made machine. Only a couple problems 1) Its rumored to cost $399 2) Only Sega seems to be putting anything interesting on it 3) the thing is huge!

Oh yeah cox_xoc they wouldnt need the hard drive the Xbox could hold any Neo game besides Metal Slug 3 in RAM.

Nintendo Sony and Microsoft arent known to make 2D games. Companies like Capcom make 2D game so they decide who will see 2D support and so far Capcom hasnt said theyll support Xbox and dont tell me they support every console. Was their ever a Jaguar version of Street Fighter? They only supported the 64 with a couple of token ports towards the end of its life but thats not much.

------------------
mendou.jpg

-Shuuchan

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well I have to agree with RyoGeo here, the X-box looks to be a killer console based on the excellent specs. The design of the box is fantastic, they covered all the bases really well. Unlike the POS2, which is one of the most poorly designed, over-hyped POS systems I've seen in YEARS.

As for the large size, based on what it will offer in terms of hardware, that doesnt bother me. I mean, the smaller these consoles get, the more they have to cut corners, and the more they tend to have heat issues. A larger box, with a fan to cool down the CPU, video chip, and HDD would be a great idea.

As for the price, well I passed completely on the POS2 at $299, but that was because the system design is crap, there are virtually NO good games out for it, and none coming that I can see (yeah, I could care less about MGS2, I'm sick of hearing the hype about that game).

I don't care for Microsoft much, due to a number of reasons; but I'm not going to let that blind me to the fact that they designed what looks to be a great machine, which has potential FAR BEYOND the POS2 or even LameCube for that matter . . .
biggrin.gif

J

jethrek

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
But I DO hate monopolies, faked screenshots, huge size and bloated release specs. Did I mention cost is an issue too?

So you hate Sony also? ^_`

For the record, the only console claiming to have Photoshop running as part of the graphics renderer is X-Box.

And the fact that I prefer Nintendo and Sega to Sony and Microsoft is no secret. The make better hardware and better games at the same time.