ITS COMING!!!!
THEY ANNOUNCED IT FOR THE TGS!!!!!
IT S ON IGN!!!
dreamcast.ign.com
yay!!!!
LONG LIVE SNK!!!!!!

------------------
animKasumiFromShiHao.gif

.................COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP!!!!!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Ugh... Let's see if the blasphemy that is polygon backgrounds is bestowed upon MotW like it was on the KoFs. I'll still to the pure MVS version, thanks.

------------------
yoshidown.gif
It's not easy being green...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
they ll probably
make it a straight
port like last blade..
just my thoughts

------------------
animKasumiFromShiHao.gif

.................COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP!!!!!

S

Silent_Scope

I've never played this game before so I have no idea how good MOTW could be......

where is Metal Slug 3 on DC or PS 2?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Cool deal, I heard they were planning on doing this, but SNK news is so hard to find (not exactly the best gossip on the gaming sites) I think this game could be done really well with new 3d style backgrounds... I mean I liked the ones in Evolution. I know I am a minority here, but I will pick this game up and probably love it just as much as my MVS game (well probably less, cause I am almost sick of the game now... I played it for months straight!).

-Nick

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
I think 3D bg can be cool. It diferentiates the Neo and DC ones but both ver. of the bgs are cool.

DC or Ps2 Metal Slug would be the coolest shit. Damnit theyd better make that.

------------------
mendo21.gif

-Shuuchan

S

Silent_Scope

I still don't understand why SNK/Aruze doesn't want to make titles like "Metal Slug Anthology", "KOF Anthology" something like that? I'm pretty sure gamers in both US and JPN will rush out and get them. Since SNK can do a really good job for MS X on PS platform, why can't they make all their game library to PS2 or other platforms?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

neoboy259

n00b
I still don't understand why SNK/Aruze doesn't want to make titles like "Metal Slug Anthology", "KOF Anthology" something like that? I'm pretty sure gamers in both US and JPN will rush out and get them. Since SNK can do a really good job for MS X on PS platform, why can't they make all their game library to PS2 or other platforms?

The answer, simply, is that Sony vet every title before its released (like everyone else), and the rumour doing the rounds at the mo' is that anything in 2D or which shows off the PS2's capabilities in a less than flattering manner isn't likely to pass Sony's quality checks. Hence we're very unlikely to see a KOF/SS/Fatal Fury anthology on PS2.......

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:

Game companies like any other type of company involve lots of politics and stupid decisions lots of the time.

I am happy to see Aruze taking a step in the right direction though. MoTW on the DC is a great idea.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
OOOHHHH SHIT YEAH! its comming its finaly coming! I cant believe its realy happening!
Oh and suuchan, bite your goddamn tongue for
saying any thing 2-D such rear its head on ps2, that thing is deprived of ram! and why doesnt SNK release all of these cool titles that would make them shit loads and keep the fans happy? because they are SNK! and thats what they do, make the worst fucking decisions A company could make.they deserve the hard ships they are facing right now for all of the stupid mistakes they have made in the past!

S

Silent_Scope

it doesn't make sense:

Capcom, Konami, Namco and Squaresoft can release those "museum series" or "generation" but how come SNK can't?

If Sony is very strict about 2D/3D gaming policy, how come Metal slug X can publish?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Orpheus, 4megs of vram is indeed deprived but if the PS1 can do as good a port as MSX with only 1meg, than the ps2 should be able to do better with 4 and its fastr disc drive.

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sweet! Damn that's good to hear!
Let me tell you im sold! I din't by LB2 for DC because I'm happy with my japanese aes version.(only thing out of 4 orders that I was pleased with. Exept for the fact that they kept on telling me 2 weeks and it took 2 months.) But we all know how NGF's cust serv. is bad. Unless of course it bennifits them greatly. even then they are shiesty.

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Let me say that if anyone doesn't buy this game MotW they are a complete idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Almost as good as SF3 therd strike! just like 1/10th better. I just happen to be luckey enough to see the movie of it super early and was able to buy it for 350$. And I and I didn't buy it from NGF! the only smart thing that I so far......... I now I am excited about the fact that it isn't a kinko printed insert and that it doesn't have Dion's signature on it and it isn't missing of the screws that is suppost to come with it... Just goes to show!!!!!!!! If you deal with anything other than NGF.... you get nothing other than GREAT service!

Ngf can brush their teeth with my load...

zama ne na!

neoboy259

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
it doesn't make sense:

Capcom, Konami, Namco and Squaresoft can release those "museum series" or "generation" but how come SNK can't?

If Sony is very strict about 2D/3D gaming policy, how come Metal slug X can publish?

Sony only really want truly next-gen software for the PS2. They figure anything in 2d wouldn't look too attractive to potential consumers...... but of course 2d games seem to be more than welcome on the old PSone, but tho dont expect to see any on PS2......

D

DigiPunk

MoTW on DC !! In the immortal words of L. Ill. - HOLY A$$ $H!T !!!!!

(Emails his pre-order to NCS right now!)

------------------
Look for me in PSO as Flank, or Rolf. Ship >Puck
rbffs_duckkingstance.gif