Garou Coming to DC

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Just in case you hadn't seen...

From IGN:

The Dreamcast 2D fighting library is complete, with the upcoming addition of SNK's finest.

March 30, 2001

The Dreamcast ain't dead yet in Japan, and it's going to get at least one good lick in before it fades away for good. In a corner of the Aruze booth at Spring TGS 2001 today was a great piece of news for hardcore fighter fans: SNK's Garou: Mark of the Wolves is coming to the DC in Spring-Summer 2001.
If you missed this one, you're sadly one of many. Mark of the Wolves only came to a few arcades and the Neo Geo cartridge machine (no CD version was released). It was essentially SNK's answer to Street Fighter 3, a complete re-envisioning of the Fatal Fury world and fighting system, with an entirely new cast and set of gameplay systems. The graphics rivaled SFIII in terms of animation quality, despite the fact that the game still ran on the old 16-bit Neo Geo hardware. 650-odd megabits of ROM can do that kind of thing for you...

The game was displayed at the booth, but on only one screen, and it looked as if it were the home Neo version running (it had the telltale "4 Credits" messages in the lower corners of the screen). However, a perfect port is well within the capabilities of the Dreamcast. When this one hits home, more gamers (at least in Japan) will hopefully be exposed to what is probably the pinnacle of SNK's fighting development.

searchingtom

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Atleast they gave it a nice write up. It is funny, IGN loves the Neo Geo... but Next Gen, a magazine from the same company hates it!... oh well,

-Nick

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
That's great. Maybe Dc version will have some extra features. I wasn't really expecting the port to be on Dc, though. Since many 3rd publishers have jumped off Dc's wagon already.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!I dont think any of you know how happy this announcement has made me! this is the first I have heard of it. I practcaly busted A nut once I read the title for this thread, and could hardly contain myself as I clicked on it to read more. I cant believe i am finaly going to get a crack at this game. I hope its as good if not better than the neo rev. the only problem now is the wait! just waiting A week for this game is too much for me!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
this is great, although:

1. they better not make friggin 3d backgrounds
and
2. it better not look like ass. what i mean is, compare sfz3 on saturn to sfz3 on dc. the saturn one looks arcade perfect, but the dc one looks assy. it looks like its at a different resolution and its taller and edges are jaggier. BUT twinkle star sprites looks great on dc so i think garou should be fine...i havent played any dc kof's so i dont know how thoes look

no matter what, i still cant wait

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Why do all places write up Garou as an answer to SF3? o_O; AoF3 was out way before SF3 and SF3 clearly borrowed a lot from it. Even the 'kara throw' glitch in third strike is in AoF3 to an extent.

And Wyler would own Gill any day ^_-

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Finally i get to play MOTW and on the DC!

Only place ive played MOTW is on MUGEN.

------------------

D

DigiPunk

You said it L. Illicious...

I've been waiting for this for awhile.

Didn't have the cash, or the drive to buy it on Neo when it first came out (What the hell - it's just another FF game with plane-shifting... I don't care).

Buoy was I wrong.

Now it's too damned Xpensive to buy on cart, I don't have an MVS or MVS converter, so this is good news indeed.

Let's cross our fingers and hope for a art gallery or something with it.

------------------

rbffs_duckkingstance.gif

Sol Badguy

n00b
Ahem, Is there really going to be a Garou release on DC?

I want a link to the site wich tells this, to have the proof that SNK will bring out this port.

I don't beleave there is an official SNK statement concerning the DC port but I believe it is in the works based on the number of articles on credable websights that have been surfacing.

zapr

New Challenger
well Suuchan, it sounds a bit "speculative" to me, but I read on the mmcafe.com that supposedly KoF 2000 and Metal Slug 3 are also under consideration for ports. I really hate getting all excited w/ rumors but it Garou does make it then it probably bodes well for other ports. - time will tell.

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
First the Garou and now Metal Slug 3. Metal Slug 3 ahhh *salivating heavily*. Ya know now all we need is a decent port of Metal Slug 2 to somewhere and the Metal Slug series will be trully acccessible to me.

Oh yeah I know its unlikely but just just imagine how cool it would be if Garou had online play. We could all have big Garou tournaments. Ahh THAT would be the coolest thing ever....

------------------
mendou.jpg

-Shuuchan

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
WHY DON'T THEY RELEASE A METAL SLUG COLLECTION ON THE DREAMCAST LIKE THEY DID FOR REAL BOUT SAMURAI SHOWDOWN AND KING OF FIGHTERS LIKE THEY DID FOR THE SEGA SATURN
THIS WOULD BE NICE BUT YOU KNOW ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN AND WHAT DO A HERE ABOUT THEM MAKING A CAPCOM VS. SNK 2 ON THE DREAMCAST IS THIS TRUE? I DON'T KNOW IT IS JUST A RUMOR FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
MOTW is all fine and well on the Dc but where is MOTW2? We were left with a some loose ends that I would like to see tied up. Old Mai as a playable character? Not so bouncy anymore...

------------------

30715870.jpg

Late on the whole Neo Geo thing.

SinFull Void

Zero's Secretary
Atleast they gave it a nice write up. It is funny, IGN loves the Neo Geo... but Next Gen, a magazine from the same company hates it!... oh well,
-Nick

IGN and NextGen are in no way related. NextGen magazine is owned by Image media which main site is DailyRadar.com

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
GREAT. Now all we need is KOF 2000 and Metal Slug 3. One killer trio of games.

If they get the other two onto DC as well, I'll be happier than a pig in shit.
biggrin.gif

gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com
jackal.jpg

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
This will be great, its cheaper and SNK might get more fans. Now Kof 2001 must come aswell
biggrin.gif

Cho

baller99

Banned
i am ashamed of saying this..
i have never played garou outside of of the emulator on my computer..
i dont have an mvs
and the home cart is way out of reach for me.
but when i played, i was so blown away that i immediately declared it the best fighter ever made and stopped playing after about 10 minutes.
I stopped playing so that once i got the real thing, or equiv i would play that one to death....
oh joy
Im so happy i could buy everyone here a copy of baseball stars.

Peter