Shawn

snkusa.com
The avatar system is finished, started a little past midnight and finished just now, 4:30 am. There will be around 800 unique avatars to choose from. I will go into detail about the source of the pictures, customization options, and so forth when I wake up. After explaining how everything works I will turn the Avatar option on, it is disabled for now. This is a great feature, I’m sure everyone will enjoy it.

ldalope

New Challenger
coolness. i just gotta figure out now who i'll choose. maybe paku paku from SS2... =P

------------------
must...buy...more

MyulChi

Goal! Goal! Goal!
what's avartar system?? what does it do?

------------------
MyulChi2.gif

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Isn't Avatar Bandai/Apple Pip!pin! ?

If so, it was Apple/Bandai's answer to WebTV, they tried to launch a game system with internet capability with Mac and Pippin games back in 1994, unfortunately, it was over priced and was as user unfriendly as regular PC, the system died rather quickly and is possibly the rarest console ever existed, closely followed by FM-Towns Marty and LaserActive.

I know one place might have the Jp system

http://www.gamechoice.com.hk

If my post is incorrect please ignore it.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Uh, no I don't think he's referring to the Bandai system . . .

An avatar is a small picture, symbol, or animated figure that people associate with themselves. Kinda like a signature, but the purpose of the avatar is to serve as the person's online identity, or to represent them in some manner. So, I assume that the avatars will be placed underneath the person's forum name in each post . . .

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Sorry folks, I was confused with Atmark so please ignore my post, however, one site has info on all rare console that I thought it may be interesting to some of you:

http://assembler.roarvgm.com/

Shawn

snkusa.com
Credit goes to Gunsmith and his forum members of www.orochinagi.com for the large supply of avatars. Orichinagi.com offers a very popular bbs which is located in the UK. I offered to pay for the use of the avatars, but he kindly said we could use them for free. Around 800 avatar pictures are what we now start with. If you have any avatars which are around 64 x 64 pixels, or close to that, please feel free to send them in and I will add them to the list.

Also, if you have a custom avatar pic that you want to be the only one to use, just let me know and I will create a personalized directory. You will be able to select the avatar from the custom directory and it will only show up for you and no one else. This must be a picture that you submit, not one already on the list.

To get started, click on profile, located in the link menu on the top right of the forums. As you browse through the selection of avatars you will notice that the picture is displayed in the left table. The fast way to browse it to double click the drop down menu, be sure that only one pic is highlighted and the drop down menu is minimized. Then use the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Can someone do a Bomberman Avatar for me? can I make one and email it to you shawn? Help me out here.....thanks.

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Interesting. Are we alowed to make & submit our own custom Avatar's? Or are we limited to these?

------------------

Shawn

snkusa.com
Doesn’t have to be 64 x 64, but preferably. Can be smaller, or a tad larger. Remember, you can submit a custom pic and I can make it so only you can use it. Your unique avatar will show up under a custom directory when you edit your profile. This will help create a sense of identity that we can relate using these avatars.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Now that you have the avatars in place, would you consider killing the sigs? The majority of them are just bandwidth sucking BS. When people with multiple, huge sigs, post in the same topic, it causes a good amount of lag. I access via fast ethernet and it still cause my system to choke sometimes.

Jeff

S

Silent_Scope

Cool.......
Too bad that there is no Ryu pic.....
:<

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn:

Also, if you have a custom avatar pic that you want to be the only one to use, just let me know and I will create a personalized directory. You will be able to select the avatar from the custom directory and it will only show up for you and no one else. This must be a picture that you submit, not one already on the list.

Shawn-

Not to drive you nuts, but once this "custom" directory is created with one of our own avatars, is there any chance we could upload more avatars to it directly? I don't want to bug you every time I find a new one to use...