deathknight

Zero's Tailor
the site gamefront says:

Neue Erscheinungstermine von Playmore

17.05.03 - Playmore hat neue Erscheinungstermine für Japan veröffentlicht:
- SNK vs. Capcom Chaos (Arcade) - Juli 2003
- King of Fighters 2003 (Arcade) - Ende 2003
- Metal Slug 5 (Arcade) - Ende 2003

It appears that kof2k3 is now finally officialy announced....

slerch666

updyke,
If you read <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004897" target="_blank">this thread</a>, you can get the info direct from "the horse's mouth." KoF 2K3 is in the works and is set for the end of the year, jsut as you said.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
TriShield:
Yay, more of the same KOF.

Just what we need.
I sense the sarcasm.

King of Fighters is in cycles of trilogy, so this time there should be a new hero and a new story. As well as a new Athena :D

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
From year to year, most KoF games are pretty hard to tell apart. I still love em and look forward to the latest version.

SVC Chaos, KoF2003, and if I can afford it MS5 are going to be the first new AES carts I buy for my Neo. :) Still not sure how im going to afford it all though eek_2

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
id rather see them spend their time on making a perfect port of svc on xbox with FKN LIVE SUPPORT + WEBSITE WITH RANKINGS, ETC.

excuse the capitals..

if they did that they would i think get a whole buncha new fans in the states...

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
I PRAY they make a storyline that starts like the way 1997 ended, as each KOF storyline got better and better till 1197, 1996 really made you think and 1997 just smashed it

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
KOF is probably my fav series of all time. So I for one have no problem with the announcement. In fact I was sad that this would be the first year we didn't get a new installment.
Shame on all of you.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Ahh yes, a new KoF for this year and you know what that means......

Lots of speculation on what the roster will be, and lots of people praying that they will re-draw all of the sprites.

£10 says they wont :p

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
You forgot. Lots of hating the new KOF play-system that will probably be introduced. Lots of dumping on some new feature with just a little bit of playtime on it. Lots of "who is this new [lame] character?". Lots of, "Too bad this wont be as good as the Orochi storyline". Lots of dictating to the world that some feature is bad just because your group of people don't use it regardless of how many other people do.

The list goes on and on. (And this was just the stuff that happened back in KOF 99)

<small>[ May 19, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Kirk Foiden ]</small>

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
a lot of those replies are fucking stupid

really

of course,
mine is no exception

but at least i know what i'm talking about

Setsuna1982

World Her,
bokmeow:
King of Fighters is in cycles of trilogy, so this time there should be a new hero and a new story. As well as a new Athena :D
Ummmm.... perhaps new costume for Kyo and the first change for K'? lol

PD: Iori needs to improve his costume... shame

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Here's my predictions:

K will be on the cover :rolleyes:
Athena will be redrawn :rolleyes:
Everyone is going to hate the new kof :rolleyes:

I love KOF. I do. I just know that whatever happens, the more they come out, the more people hate it. I won't hate it, and I can't wait to play it, but.... shit happens.

Oh, and for the record: 2k2's Athena is easily my favorite. I also LOVE the redraws of Yashiro and Shermie, so there. smirk

Spike

deffty

Kula's Candy
I think Playmore should skip this year KOF, spent more time making SVC chaos instead.

Once SVC chaos proven to be a high success, people will show interest in their next title> KOF2004 - A new begining.

If SVC chaos is a disappointment, they can consider making KOF2004 for other system. spock

Moreover, 2 years should be enough time for them to put out a great KOF game with better graphics, BG,redraw sprites and better character roster etc. :p
Its better this way than putting out a half done, not enough time, recyles, rush KOF every year. frown

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I'm looking forward to 2K3. I really liked 2K2, but I hope the age the characters and make some costume changes.

-Ryo should keep his sparring gear, but change his gi color

-Takuma Retires and has grey hair change gi to black

-King & Ryo married, Robert & Yuri married

-Rock is an adult

-Terry has MOTW clothes and is teaming w/ Rock

I'd also like to see sprites redrawn for some of the older teams.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Are we ever going to see some MOTW characters?

I say no, unless they decide to draw some NEW sprites, because the MOTW character are too small and well animated to fit in a KOF.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
the roker:
Are we ever going to see some MOTW characters?

I say no, unless they decide to draw some NEW sprites, because the MOTW character are too small and well animated to fit in a KOF.
Kim Jae Hoon and Kim Dong Hwan make appearances as strikers, you know.