PDA

View Full Version : Hello. from the new guy

BrooklynSkin
05-16-2001, 05:32 PM
Hello the names Jon folks.
I've been a huge Neo Geo fan since I played Fatal Fury 1 on the home cart system when it came out. Since then I've spent hundreds of dollars over the past decade or so on the arcade games. I wish I had saved my money then and bought the home cart system oh well.

I currently have a Sega Dreamcast and a Sega Nomad. Nintendo and Super Nintendo.
I have Lastblade 2, kof 98, kof 99 , capcom vs. snk for dreamcast. I own no other snk games .
I do play with my Geomame on my Imac. What do people think about emulators?

I like having the games but I really want a real neo geo system. I'm looking more at the cartridge system but how is the cdz? I really want Garou Mark of the WOlves for dremcast. does anyone know the release date? Also what games do not and are not coming out for neo geo cd and how slow is that system anyway? Is it really that bad?

whew. Thanx for reading this

Orpheus
05-16-2001, 05:42 PM
welcome jon. hey your in brooklyn. I am going to the city this friday.(I live here on long island)if you want to swing by the china town fair (where A third of the games are neo games) to rock some neo games I will be there. stop in.

BrooklynSkin
05-16-2001, 05:49 PM
I know China town very well. Where is this spot you're talking about? There are so few good arcades left. I go to this little manga store on Grand Street. They have Kof 2000 on an old 4 slot (I think it's 4) and Capcom vs. SNK. I also go to this pizza place on Grand that has a 4 slot w/ Metal SLug 3, RBFF 2, Samurai SHowdown 2 and Bust a move. I would love to find an arcade that has all the games together I mentioned and more. I would also want to play Rival Schools.

Anyway let me know

Sandmanct
05-16-2001, 05:53 PM
Woah ORPHEUS your from PJ station? Im from PJ. Where do you live by?

Orpheus
05-16-2001, 06:01 PM
HEY GUY!!!
holy fuckin shit, your in port jeff, GET THE FUCK OUT!!!I cant believe there is A felow neo head here. I am right across the street from terryvile elementary school, on Erie street, do you know where that is?
Email me man.
I still cant believe A person from this forum lives by me, there are hardly ANY gamers here.

Oh, and BROOKLYN SKIN. We MUST meet up. you HAVE TO show me where this metal slug 3 cabinet is. I would KILL to play that game. Email me and I will tell you where china town fair arcade is.

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: ORPHEUS ]

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: ORPHEUS ]

BrooklynSkin
05-16-2001, 06:12 PM
I can't remember the name of the pizza place w/ Metal SLug 3. It's right off of Grand Street on Essex. Next to a Baskin Robbins.

I think I'm going to go catch dragonpunches with Geese and double reppuken fireballs now.
Oh I emailed you.

oi-punx
05-16-2001, 06:22 PM
Jon,

Welcome to the board. The people on this forum really know their stuff and have been instrumental in determining several purchases I have made. You won't regret it if you get a neo home cart system. MAME cannot compare.

Are you into the punk scene at all? Your username suggests you may be. NYC has got some great bands. Templars, L.E.S. Stitches, and the Slackers come to mind. The Templars played out here in San Francisco last august. GREAT show despite the stabbings and local police shutting it down.

Once again, welcome.

BrooklynSkin
05-16-2001, 06:26 PM
Yeah I'm an anti-racist skin. Also in RASH. I'm into Hardcore and Oi for the most part. I like the Templars but I can't stand the LES Stiches.

I actually went on tour with the Angelic Upstarts in February. Boy that was fun.

BrooklynSkin
05-16-2001, 06:29 PM
p.s. also in to old skool ska, reggae and rocksteady. I do like the Slackers all though I haven't bought anything by them since the first album . I'd rather buy the original bands albums from Jamaica before I go and buy the 3rd wave stuff you know?

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: BrooklynSkin ]

oi-punx
05-16-2001, 06:32 PM
Jon,

The Angelic Upstarts were unbelievable!!!! Saw them when they came to San Francisco. One of my favorite bands played with them, The Reducers SF (from San Francisco of course). Did you see CockSparrer when they played CBGB? They were so great. Have you marked your calendar for 08/24/2001-08/26/2001? The Holidays in the Sun festival is taking place at the Maritime Hall in SF. Confirmed bands are :

Sham 69, The Exploited, GBH, Cockney Rejects, Slaughter & The Dogs, Anti Nowhere League, Casualties, Reducers SF, Lower Class Brats and more. Email me for more info. if you are interested.

-Ben

mookystains
05-16-2001, 06:37 PM
I am into nardcore, and old school hardcore. I am anti-racism and stuff like that. Anyone heard of missing 23rd, their nardcore, thats Oxnard hardcore. I never really talk about it on the post but i am a punker. I should post a picture of me one of these days.

BrooklynSkin
05-16-2001, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a great show. I've never been out on the west coast before. I may go . I couldn't say at this point.

Question. How do I put pictures w/ my posts?

can I just cut and paste? I tried that before.

RiotoftheBlood
05-17-2001, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by BrooklynSkin:
<STRONG>Hello the names Jon folks.
I've been a huge Neo Geo fan since I played Fatal Fury 1 on the home cart system when it came out. Since then I've spent hundreds of dollars over the past decade or so on the arcade games. I wish I had saved my money then and bought the home cart system oh well.

I currently have a Sega Dreamcast and a Sega Nomad. Nintendo and Super Nintendo.
I have Lastblade 2, kof 98, kof 99 , capcom vs. snk for dreamcast. I own no other snk games .
I do play with my Geomame on my Imac. What do people think about emulators?

I like having the games but I really want a real neo geo system. I'm looking more at the cartridge system but how is the cdz? I really want Garou Mark of the WOlves for dremcast. does anyone know the release date? Also what games do not and are not coming out for neo geo cd and how slow is that system anyway? Is it really that bad?

whew. Thanx for reading this</STRONG>

Welcome. You've come to the right place. To find out which games are available on CD, you could check the Master List, right here.

Although I have no experience with a CDZ myself, I have read that they burn out after a few years of normal use, so if you are seriously considering this console I would look into the problem. Does anyone else have anything to add to the issue for BrooklynSkin?