Ghostlop - Donations to buy / license / distribute ! We need your help!

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Ladies and Gents:

I am working with Mr. Pitt, once I purchase the game from him, I will obtain the rights from data east, then I will create an official Ghostlop release, licensed by playmore. I have already got about $1200 tied up in legal fees just to get this thing started. I am willing to drive this train if I can get support! If I have eveyones support this will be a snap! If you are interested in supporting this project please send paypal donations and support to

tomsmallwood@juno.com

Thank you!

help

<small>[ May 11, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: T_Smallz ]</small>

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
That could get quite costly. Why not contact Data East first? If they say no then there is no point to this process. The total investment, should they agree, will be quite high I suspect. Then there is the Playmore process. They may not want the game published for the Neo Geo at all. If they do, then the costs will go even higher. Is this prototype game worth that much effort?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm pretty sorry, but I think this is almost non-sense. You shouldn't start claiming people to donate money to a paypal account that lightly.

Everybody: please proceed with extreme caution.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
T_Smallz:
Ladies and Gents:

I am working with Mr. Pitt, once I purchase the game from him, I will obtain the rights from data east, then I will create an official Ghostlop release, licensed by playmore. I have already got about $1200 tied up in legal fees just to get this thing started. I am willing to drive this train if I can get support! If I have eveyones support this will be a snap! If you are interested in supporting this project please send paypal donations and support to

tomsmallwood@juno.com

Thank you!

help
This will cost wayyy more then anyone at this site will openly donate.
I doubt they will even clear license to it.
If I were pitt I would dump this and then let people work from there. It wont be right to sell this in the first place.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I will deffinetly help. Let's get the ball rolling, I don't mind throwing in some cash, but I agree we should see what the road looks like in front of us first. So... Let's do this, lets get some more info and find out what it will take, and you can't count on my help as well!

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
T_Smallz:
Ladies and Gents:

tomsmallwood@juno.com

Thank you!

help
This will cost wayyy more then anyone at this site will openly donate.
I doubt they will even clear license to it.
If I were pitt I would dump this and then let people work from there. It wont be right to sell this in the first place.
Agreed... also... if it is dumped people can do with it as they please, such as burn it to ROM and put it in a cart... could be a do it yourself thing wink I think it deffinetly needs to be dumped, it sounds damn cool, and if we loose it... I'd be pissed... I still want to see Fun Fun Bros... Probably never will though. Actually if I could, I would buy this to do the dumping, but I don't have the bread to support it.

-Nick

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I would like to help, however would like more info first.

Let us know what the path looks like.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I think this effort is putting the wagon before the wagon horse. There should first be some effort to contact Data East and Playmore in regards to the release of such a title, express willingness to publish this in North America, and then collect capital. Data East and Playmore is not going to take a no-name credential and allow the distribution of Ghost Lop SNK did with Kof 2000 with NGF.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I understand all of your concerns, but my legal aid has already begun the process. I will update everyone as additoinal information is made available. Even if I was denied publishing rights, I could easily have it dumped for all to enjoy, or have it reproduced for interested parties.

I'll keep everyone updated, thanks for the initial donations. Realize if I can make this happen, the costs will be comming out of my pocket immediately and they won't wait for a bunch of donations to be thrown in if I can't cover it on my own. They want it all, and all at once. Now, not later, so when something happens, you can say you we're a part of it or say you wish you were a part of it.

Your choice either way, thanks for the feedback!

Tom

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
you need over $120K

before Playmore will even listen to you.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
No, It's not that expensive if you have a third party distibute for playmore. N64 developers cut similar corners in production and licensing costs on the N64.

Thats why I hired legal guidance. glee

7zark7

, ,
Couldn't hurt to ask Data east if its OK to dump it.....I know konami hosted Metal Gear msx Roms on one of its site before the PSX game came out.

could be the first legal neo rom ever:)

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
It won't be up to Data East if they sell me the rights...

This is much more important than a ROM dump to me.

<small>[ May 11, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: T_Smallz ]</small>

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
The only real "option" is to let the cart fall into the hands of some strange benefactor who will dump it, not looking for recoup of costs.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
T_Smallz:

I swore Data East for 6 feet under.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
If this goes through I will definitely donate money to you at some point.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
As far as I know, Data East still exists in some form or another, so no worries about it being dead. Getting them to sell you the rights will likely be extremely difficult. Hell, they might catch wind of this and decide to release it themselves. wink

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
One of the reasons why it never saw the light of day may have been because it was too similar to another game already on the market (ie. Puzzle Bobble).

That may still be an issue now as well...

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Reading the review Billy posted it sounds quite different, as if the skill is less in choosing your angle and more in choosing your colour.

Thats a different arguement and one only Billy and Vinh are qualified to have.

I think that this buy and distribute plan is probably a bit too ambitious. Good luck with it but I really think the market you are looking at is pretty small. To make money on a normal release seems to be a challenge but to make money on a niche release after a load of extra legal bills sounds very difficult indeed.

Also, I'm not sure what timescale you are thinking this is going to be delivered over but there is another new puzzle release on the horizon which you will be competeing with.

buster_broon

The Rock,
OrochiEddie:
T_Smallz:

I swore Data East for 6 feet under.
even if the actual company name 'data east' was dead - i'm sure they were snapped up by somebody else when they folder

therefore somebody own the rights to this game - somewhere

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure DE is still around - in some form. They are still releasing Magical Drop games. There was one released not *too* long ago for the PC that was internet compatible.

Edit: Lots of "dead" companies are still around releasing games for the PC in Japan.

<small>[ May 12, 2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: ForeverSublime ]</small>

HPMAN

UI resident
- Hello Mr Data East, I would like to buy rights over your Ghostlop NeoGeo game.
- Ghostwhat on Neowhat ???

:rolleyes:

If I had the money, game would already be on my EPROM reader... drool_2