PLAYMORE's FUTUR GAMES

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Hey guys, nobody noticed this awesome article by TRIEU on <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.Com" target="_blank">SNK-CAPCOM</a>, by the name of "The Future of SNK/Playmore Future Releases".It's here,

<a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/news/archives/00000003.htm" target="_blank">http://www.snk-capcom.com/news/archives/00000003.htm</a>

and its says that:

1.METAL SLUG 5 will diffinitively be more awesome that METAL SLUG 5 (in every way), and PLAYMORE is trying to push it to METAL SLUG 3 quality. Isn't this Kewl?

2.There will be a V-LINER style game this year. I thnik that tere is no chance to see this game outside Jipang!!! This is a good news, PACHINKO and SLOT games can be a good addition, and can help PLAYMORE finances to goes up.

3.SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS will have more than 26 characters, and it will rock everything ever seen. Maybe the first 1 GIGA cardridge.

4.KOF'2003 is planned to comes some months after SVC CHAOS. GREAAAAT NEWS!!! And from TRIEU:"This time around, expect many new faces and more backgrounds."

5.SAMURAI SPIRIT V will bring back GEN-AN SHURANUI, soo cool, i love this bastard blanka-like.

IN 2003/2004, PLAYMORE WILL REALLY KICK AZZ buttrock

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: gozu+mezu ]</small>

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Yes, these are exciting releases. I just hope that another AOF could be released.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Where does Treuminator get his intel?????

Is he currently a dealer for Playmore???

Where would this info come from?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
leepantalone:

It is probably a secret privy only to Buddha himself. But he is always on the money.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
** patiently awaits the US MVS carts of SVC Chaos and Samurai Spirits 5 **

mr_t drool_2 buttrock

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Great news.

Will we finally get some SNK quality games ???

It's starting to look like it :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Yes I read that very great news.

Thankfully none of the rumored BS 3d stuff was
mentioned,

I now feel much better mr_t

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
leepantalone:

I think he is a CIA agent, all the snk-capcom stuff is just a cover.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
4.KOF'2003 is planned to comes some months after SVC CHAOS. GREAAAAT NEWS!!! And from TRIEU:"This time around, expect many new faces and more backgrounds."
ill bet 500 yen that there is no 2003 and 2004 is the next kof.

why:

- kof is still going now (02) traditionally a kof is popular at least 9 months so only the last three months are slow until the next kof. with svc coming out there is no point in having kof 03.

- no news so far which breaks with tradition

- focusing on one game with the companies precarious position is more logical.

trieu knows better than me, has more respect etc.
that is without doubt.

just keep an eye on what happens in the next 7 months and if i win i wont make you ubelievers pay me 500 yen :)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
- no news so far which breaks with tradition

- focusing on one game with the companies precarious position is more logical.
kof is usually for the last few years outside of what?
99?
have been coming very late in the year. cart
wise anyways. and the games hitting around october
or fall arcade wise. it seems more like a tradition
now that the game barely earns the right to be called
kof 'of that year' since it so closely follows the end of the year.
and as for them focusing on one game.
i dont know. this is one of best years for games
on the NEO.
96 was the last time the NEO was hit with alot of
quality titles in one year.
and it looks like PLAYMORE is planning to pump out
a good quantity of games.
hopefully they retain a good amount of quality and
their teams arent spread thin.
besides. SNK v cap is very anticipated.
and kof always does well in the arcades in japan.
theres no reason not to release kof.
who ever keeps pushing that rumour
reasoning because of reasons that PLAYMORE thinks the industry needs
a break from kofs underestimates its popularity in japan.

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: rarehero ]</small>

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
kof is usually for the last few years outside of what? 99? have been coming very late in the year.
1. King of Fighters '99, The SNK 7/22/1999
2. King of Fighters 2000, The SNK 7/26/2000
3. King of Fighters 2001, The Eolith 10/2001
4. King of Fighters 2002, The 10/2002

well you are half right, 01 was delayed for obvious reasons and it seems they stuck with the same date in 2002.

i live in japan and play kof competitively so i am aware of its popularity here. but the arcade scene is slowly shrinking and can only support a few popular games (around 3 seems average) with the current 3 being ggxx, vf4e and kof 02.

if one playmore game detracts from the popularity of another then that is wasted development cost, marketing etc... hence my prediction.

if i am wrong we get two games this year YEAH!!
if i am right then i am right yeah!

win win sitch really :)

i do think the series is a little stale though and could do with a break...

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I think kof 95 was also released in october. I heard somewhere in the forums that 03 will come late in the year. After all, I am sure kof will come out. They need to conclude the gaps left in 01, and in latin America (specially mexico) the fans wait anxiously for the next kof. Heck, I'm pretty sure they wait more anxious 03' over svc.

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
Treu is right ,

this year will go down in Neo Geo history as one of the best .

I have much faith , that Playmore will pull it off .

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: TacoFace ]</small>

olbaid

n00b
ohh my this so cool

i really need to get me a damn job
faster

i love Neo Geo to the end

well we all do

and i'm really looking forwat for
SNK vs Capcom C,,,,,,,,
to see some people faces that say to me
!! Neo Geo uhhhhmmsss still dont like it
capcom vs snk for the ps2 kick all neo geo games

lol

<small>[ May 09, 2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: olbaid ]</small>

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
UPDATE TO THE ARTICLE FROM TRIEU

1.METAL SLUG 5 will come out to arcade after SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (Around October, with SNK VS CAPCOM rumored release date). Sound cool, more time of working on the game, means more quality.

2.The name of the V-LINER type game is POKER KINGDOM BINGO ISLAND, it seems to be a POKER game, and it have a real kawaï name.

3.And here is a copy/pate for the KOF'2003 part update:
"It's somewhat interesting to note that KOF 2003 has received little information from the Japanese news media or gaming magazines and seems kind of quiet. Is there a surprise? You bet, but unfortunately, this news has to wait until near the official announcement."

2003/2004 seems to be great era for NEO-GEO and SNK. THE SECOND RENAISSANCE PART 1: 2003

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
This is exciting news, especially if the proof is in the pudding so to speak :) .

I just hope that Playmore keep on schedule with releaseing SvC:Chaos (then I get to play it before I leave Japan buttrock drool_2 buttrock !)

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
YAY!! Playmore keeps SNK games alive. :D I feel so happy. I can't wait to play Samurai Spirits 5. More Metal Slug is nice too. The King of Fighters game should be a memorable one, it's now going to be in it's 10th year. :)

leepantalone

Just one question..... where the hell does Playmore make any money?

How many Matrimelee MVS kits do you think they have sold? Rage of the Dragons MVS was blown out. All these plans could be dumped if they dont sell a boatload of carts.

My personal opinion, if Playmore does not sell a boat load of SVC, Sam Sho 5 and MS5 MVS carts, it may be the end of the road.

It would sadden me to no end, however economically, I dont know how the numbers can possibly work out. crying crying crying

Does anyone know where Playmore makes their money?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Don't they make it from the initial MVS sales in Japanese arcade circuits, and also from the Pachinko efforts they are doing?

leepantalone

bokmeow:
Don't they make it from the initial MVS sales in Japanese arcade circuits, and also from the Pachinko efforts they are doing?
I sure hope so.

Is Playmore part of a public parent company? It would be interesting to see what their revenues are....

Can any of our Japanese friends report on the status of arcades in Japan? Are they dying too???

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Just one question..... where the hell does Playmore make any money?
my educated guess would be as bokmeow said mvs boards to arcades and the other source would be console ports (educated guess remember). they just recently rereleased kof 98 and samsho right? with the installed base they can make decent money of 50-100 thousand units. the other day i saw some figures that said for a game with average size development (in terms of size and time) needs to sell around 75,000 units to break even (varies by platform of course). with little development needed on ports they should be able to make good money here...

Can any of our Japanese friends report on the status of arcades in Japan? Are they dying too???
dying no... shrunk yes. i think arcades here will stay at their current level now for a while BUT its seems obvious to me that playmore needs to move into online gaming coz thats where competitive gaming will go when arcades disappear isnt it?

leepantalone

I hope they develop for Xbox and Xbox live. Could you imagine SVC live??? Or Sam Sho 5 live??

Would be too cool.