SNK vs. Capcom will be presented at E3 officially

hanzo x

n00b
ign.con has stated that any further information about the game will be available until the E3,where the game should be making its first public appearance.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
More information about SNK vs Capcom: Chaos, including if any other characters will be in the game, should be available at this year's E3, where the game should be making its first public appearance. Check the media page for a quick glimpse at the new roster, courtesy of Playmore.
they said should so... leaves the meaning open to interpretation. there are still a couple of site updates and famitsu's between now and e3... if the game is to be shown at e3 i would think they will announce the full roster before then... ??

:)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is that so.

No offence to playmore, but most of the folks who visit e3 won't give a shit.

Let the fans (us) know as soon as you can instead of catering to the mainstream way of releasing surprises and shit.

God! I dont want to wait any longer.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Is that so.

Let the fans (us) know as soon as you can instead of catering to the mainstream way of releasing surprises and shit.

C'mon now, I think plenty of people at E3 will be happy as fuck to see SNK. Since it's the first time they've been back in eons, I plan to hit that booth first and just enjoy whatever they throw us.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
C'mon now, I think plenty of people at E3 will be happy as fuck to see SNK. Since it's the first time they've been back in eons, I plan to hit that booth first and just enjoy whatever they throw us.
WORD buttrock buttrock buttrock

bokmeow

Dude, if I were able to attend E3, I'd be camping the f*** outside a week before the door to the trade floor opens. Unfortunately I am neither a person in the gaming industry, nor do I work for a games retail store.

A loser is me frown

<small>[ May 02, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: bokmeow ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I will be at SNK's booth rolling on my back like a fucking dog. I think a lot of people care! And... if I have to wait until E3... oh well, it is only 12 days away! wink

-Nick

Rade K

20 Year Member
Loopz:
Is that so.

Oh, Im happy to see "SNK" back too, but this strategy blows. The entire operation kinda stinks so far. I know it will take time, but I'm not very patient. We already had to put up with developers have growing pains on MVS once already. Why twice??

aria

Former Moderator
nruva:
I will be at SNK's booth rolling on my back like a fucking dog. I think a lot of people care! And... if I have to wait until E3... oh well, it is only 12 days away! wink

-Nick
I'm picturing this and it's both amusing and disturbing:

"Arf, Arf, Arf!"
"What in the hell is he doing?"
"It must be another SNK fan"
"Shit, well throw him with the rest"
"Arf, arf, Arf!"

Anyhoo, remember: Capcom revealed its surprise editions to CvS2 at the e3, so why shouldn't SNK do the same?

Rade K

20 Year Member
Bobak:
nruva:

-Nick
I'm picturing this and it's both amusing and disturbing:

"Arf, Arf, Arf!"
"What in the hell is he doing?"
"It must be another SNK fan"
"Shit, well throw him with the rest"
"Arf, arf, Arf!"

Anyhoo, remember: Capcom revealed its surprise editions to CvS2 at the e3, so why shouldn't SNK do the same?
Capcom showed us some gameplay footage before e3 because they knew that they wouldnt get as much press coverage as the bigger games.

Playmore should play some more ball with us and show us what they game at least looks like. A single screen shot is all I ask. One.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
<a href="http://www.e3expo.com/current_exhibitors/index.cfm?search=Q-T" target="_blank">http://www.e3expo.com/current_exhibitors/index.cfm?search=Q-T</a>

I didn't believe it at first, but I guess it's official.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
But seriously, when has SNK ever "debuted" info at E3? NEVER. Even back in E3 2000, their last show, they merely displayed KoF 99. And that was the only homecart on display. Really sad.

Everything else there was just a confirmation of pre-known information, like the SNK made MP3 player, or all the upcoming releases. Nothing completely new or exciting.

The most exciting thing that year was indeed Capcom's booth, with CvS 1.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Rade Kuruc:
EvilWasabi:
ok. I didn't check because I am not going.

:p
Why not?
E3 is kind of boring for me. I love games - from SNK. I don't really care about much else. I like Capcom alot, but not enough to buy a ticket out to California. And I don't give a shit about the Sony, Nintendo, and MS booths. That show just isn't for me.

My heaven was Neo Geo World Tokyo Bay. And Heaven has been closed for a few years now.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Yeah...I hope whoever here goes takes tons of pictures...and PLEASE, PLEASE, if there are ANY cool SNK handouts/whatever, GET SOME and sell them here...I love snk related stuff, IE issues of the SNK supporters club newsletter, etc...e3 handouts would ROCK.

7zark7

, ,
I read that it will be in video form only...I hope they aren't in the unloved section of E3, a sort of refugee camp of small developers, publishers, distributors and wierd odd and ends. Its really almost better to not be at the show at all then to be in the basement of oddities.

That said, I can't wait to go check them out.

Oh, bokmeow, E3 is open to the public on Friday or Saturday, not sure which. If your in the area its well worth the price of admission.

Rade K

20 Year Member
They look to be okay. Right near Tecmo...which I would say isnt too small. I dont like Tecmo at all, though. Below the absolutely huge Nintendo booth...sickening.

Here is a link.

<a href="http://www.e3expo.com/bin/images/secondary/current_exhibitors/e32003_floorplan_west.gif" target="_blank">http://www.e3expo.com/bin/images/secondary/current_exhibitors/e32003_floorplan_west.gif</a>

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Kind of tucked away in the corner, aren't they?

Looks like they may be overshadowed by the hugemungous Nintendo display, it takes up half the friggin' floor.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
With a name as big as SNK vs Cap I'm sure it could make big news at E3. Expecially because it will more than likely be on mainstream systems.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Actually they are in a good location, in the first party hall! That is where a lot of people spend time... and Nintendo has a nice booth every year, way better than Sony... So, it will draw a lot of people over... Good location all and all, they should get some nice exposure.

-Nick

I think they should reshuffle the character list once more.

Who needs losers like Hugo, Earthquake and Dhalsim in that game. They have no charisma.

There are cooler Fighters they can pick.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Loopz:
Is that so.

Agreed. SNK was always at E3 back in the days, and it's nice to see them back!