NO KOF 04! NEW GAME OROCHI HEARTS!

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Well a somewhat reliable source I have come in contact with has made me aware of some very interesting info. Apparently, Playmore has a serious battle plan for the year 2004.
1) No KOF 04! This year will be used to revamp sprites, and 2005 will have the most comprehensive charactr list to date going back to the roots and making this a true crossover game by integrating chars from many new games with new sprites. Choice between 4 person team and 3 person team.
2) Orochi Hearts! This game is more or less a new chapter in the Orochi saga, little is known I have been told though that Saisyu, Kyo, Shingo, and Iori + many KOF exclusives will be put in the game to make a standalone.
3) Samurai Shodown 5- I heard that there will be last blade chars and SS64 chars too, but we will see.
4)New Fatal Fury game, I was told very little, although it will be along the lines of MOTW but with FFRB chars and the MOTW ones. Supposed tag team mode.

Take this with a grain of salt, I did the same, I heard this from a guy who claims to be affiliated with Playmore.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
And a very large grain of salt it is.

Two years without KOF is most likely a good thing. The series is tired. I mean, if this is all true that is.

I would HATE to see MOTW2/new FF/ whatever it is as a tag game. For MOTW2, I want a tweaked game on MVS (same sprites and style) add new gameplay features and get rid of the glitch where I can trick him with a fireball after he gets up.

Well, thanks anyways.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
what I was told is that there will be single and tad mode ala KOF at least it isnt 3d :D hey who said 2 years w/o KOF I heard only one.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Sickliquid86:
what I was told is that there will be single and tad mode ala KOF at least it isnt 3d :D hey who said 2 years w/o KOF I heard only one.
No, it needs to be structured as a 1 player game.

Well is there going to be a KOF03? No mention of that. I dont think there will. And if there is no 04 (10th anniversarry!), then thats two whole years.

KOF is good at 98~99 area. 99 has more nostalgia for me.

Ummm, I dont like these newsies. These SALTY newsies.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
He didnt say anything about KOF 03 dunno, indescript message from the guy himself on msn. Like I said I dont believe it myself, just food for rumor :p I am as skeptical as you guys. But I am very much excited about the Tag Team Fatal Fury, Duck King and Gato buttrock

Rade K

20 Year Member
Stop liking the fake news about a tag Garou!!! It's stupid. Tag games are stupid. BLAAARRG! SMASH FAKE TAG GAMES!!

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
I think the anniversary of Kof would be used to launch off Orochi Hearts but like I said, just speculation on an Iffy rumor.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Me Like tag gam :mad: Sickliquid smash! Anyways if they had a single player and tag mode that would be cool :)

Rade K

20 Year Member
Orochi hearts sounds like Kingdon Hearts. Which sounds gay. Disney got gay once Walt died. Tangent done.

Man, with 2k2, this should have been the break year to revamp for 03. Which isnt even over yet. I guess with time, we will know.

Thanks for the good time.

bokmeow

Well, this is news and rumors, and it certainly falls under that category. So I'm not ready to discount all of it, but it's very difficult to believe that there will be a Samurai Shodown 5 with Last Blade characters, because Samurai Shodown isn't a KOF series, if there actually were Last Blade characters they would be sword-wielding embryo sprites. Nay, they would probably only be sword-wielding eggs and sperms not yet combined for conception. Samurai Shodown took place in like 1600 or so I believe, after Tokugawa united Japan, and Bakumatsu Roman is in like 1800, close to the Meiji Revolution.

Q

qube

Rade Kuruc:
Stop liking the fake news about a tag Garou!!! It's stupid. Tag games are stupid. BLAAARRG! SMASH FAKE TAG GAMES!!
AARRGGHH, QUBE SMASH LEFTOVER BITS OF CRAPPY TAG GAMES!!!! blow_top very_ang

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Who knows about the Samurai Shodown 5 they may do some time traveling type storyline very_ang me hates time traveling and cloning storylines. But if it has SS and LB chars that is cool :D I imagine playmore knows that the LB series really isnt as well known as SS so they may as well not waste their time but I dunno. Rumors make me CRAZY! blow_top I like Snk Vs Capcom Match Of The Millenium tag team mode buttrock so eat it all you nay sayers.

Rade K

20 Year Member
SS and Gekka are seperate from each other on such a huge level, it would seem silly to me. To anyone. A merger would be NOTHING but a gimmicky cash in. I dont think it could work without alienating one crowd for another.

*salt stains from on thread*

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'm not saying I want a FF tag game, but what's wrong with tag games? I like tagging...

bokmeow

by the way sickliquid86, since you're on, lemme know if you sent payment. Sent you PM.

Rade K

20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon:
I'm not saying I want a FF tag game, but what's wrong with tag games? I like tagging...
Meh, Im just not into it. I like my games more focused in on a single character. And tag games are usually madness anyways. Im not into that scene. That street, I dont walk down.

[idiot mode] to tag, is for the fag! !!! Y'heah? [/idiot mode]

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It all sounds like a load of BS to me. Orochi hearts... even Playmore is smarter to think such a rediculous name... what next Fatal Fantasy and Chrono Slug