Interesting aricle

Scrawny

, ,
JUst found this on slashdot, reference to the vega jr aswell

Re:Neo-Geo! (Score:2, Informative)
by Anonymous Coward on Friday August 04, @06:46PM EDT (#160)

I do. I have a 1 slot NEOGEO Arcade PCB with 18 game carts for it. I also have 3 flavors of SFII, SFII Alpha, and TMNT. And I play them all at home with a JAMMA rig. If your interested in doing the same I suggest you troll the web for devices called "Super-Guns" "Super-Novas" "Vega Jr." or find a JAMMA pinout and roll your own (it's not rocket science, basic electronic skills will do). The basic function of these devices is to provide power to the PCB, Map the control switches and convert RGB to Composite or SVideo. Auction sites are sometimes a good place to look for these. You too can have an arcade at home without the large bulky cabs, all 21 of my games fit in one corner of my small (500sq') place. and for a total cost of about $1200 (keep in mind, thats for all 21 games). I haven't touched my emulators after I got this rig. I was BIG emu fan (I have over 1500 rom images on disk, 100 of them are NEO-GEO). To quote my brother about a week after I got the rig running "screw emulators, their gay".