3D Metal Slug and SNK VS. Capcom for PS2

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Read and discuss:

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6025970.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6025970.html</a>

I'll wait till I get these in my hands before I judge.

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Verbatum ]</small>

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
this is the perfect way for Playmore to alienate all existing fans.

Admit it, this system and games are all about 2D gaming heaven.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
the roker:

I agree, and I don't think a 3D KOF would have a chance of selling well. I certainly hope that is a mistake...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
the MS3 pics for PS2 seemed full 2D. btw, I don't think they mean a fully 3d versions but I but maybe they refer to the backgrounds.

I don't want to see any 2D games with 3D BGs. CvS 2 and DC's KOF ports seemed very boring to me

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
the roker:

Because they want to make money.

I mean shit they are prolly working for peanuts right now. How can they turn any major profit selling 800 copies of their games twice a year?

I would be very interested in some upgraded ports of their Hyper games on the next gen consoles.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
That sucks. I can understand they are trying to reach a bigger demographic but they are going to totally alienate their hardcore fanbase. Lame.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004845" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004845</a>

Damnit, Verbatum. Stop stealing my glory.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
MilkManX:
That sucks. I can understand they are trying to reach a bigger demographic but they are going to totally alienate their hardcore fanbase. Lame.
Yep. And then we have the situation that the fans of old turn their backs on the new games while the 3D freaks out there may be not too excited about a fighting game that is not from Namco or yet another one of those mission-based x-tra boring 3D shooters where you get sea sick after two 360 degrees turns.

So, do you think that 3D versions of games like the Slugs or KoF would sell? I doubt it. They would sell in good numbers for the first two weeks, but then drop like a rock.

And no, I'm not constructive today, so please ppl, don't try to come up with that "don't judge a game before it's released" bit... smirk

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
xtoo_short20x:
Fran:
drifty & hendrix can finally rejoice
JHendrix is already planning. eek_2
Yes I want new hardware. Yes I want next gen Neo games. Yes I'm happy with these recent announcements.

But don't you ever lump me in with Drifty.

There are lines that you are just not supposed to cross.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
If Playmore will go 3D i ll never buy a new release again(next gen releases),i'll stay with my great old Neo Geo and finish my collection enjoying the REAL SNK games.

I'd rather see neo geo just die than being a bitch for ps2 xbox gc or whatever other console of the mass market.

Sorry for my bad english.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Wishing a company you like would go under is just fucking stupid. You want them to stick with the Neo? They will get fucked up the ass just like SNK did. You don't want to support them on new things, then they don't even have a chance to begin with. Don't even waste your fucking money on buying anymore Neo related games then, cause you obviously don't care about the success of the company and longtivity of it's franchises. Just because a few games move to 3D doesn't mean everything will. Metal Slug in 3D is probably one of the easiest transitions to make without fucking up the feel of the game so much. Several past games have made their move into 3D without any trouble.

I want new hardware, I want to see an SNK fighter that has animations up there with SF3 and resolution like GGXX. I want to see a KOF roaster that blows Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2 out of the water. I want to see a Mark of the Wolves game that hands Street Fighter 3 it's balls in a chinese take out box. But I won't get that from anything if they limit themselves to the Neo. The Neo had it's run. It's on it's last lap and it's time for Playmore to take the gameplay we've come to expect and apply that to the next generation of consoles for some truely great games. If you don't want to see Playmore do well, and to see the characters we've all grown to love come back into the spot light, then fuck you.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
I guess it`s just a case of old age setting in on some of these folks :) .

Please don`t take this seriously, I`m only jesting around wink !

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yagami what it wanted to say is:

If they make a 3d Metal Slug,but thei continue do support us neo fans,with 2D slugs then it's ok,i'll buy the neo geo ones and spit on the others...the same for kof and so on.

Anyway i think that a new board would be deadly for Playmore,look at the Hyper 64.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
3D background is alright with me as long as they keep 2D gameplay.

PS2 Shin Contra is a good example. Excellent job, Konami.

But I don't want to see 3D gameplay in Metal Slug or KOF........

S

Sami Mannila

Personally I hope that Playmore starts making high-resolution 2D games. 3D backgrounds, and 3D games with 2D gameplay is OK by me too. Just imagine how a remake of a game like Blazing Star could look like. And then GGX2 has convinced me that high-resolution 2D is the way to go.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Sami Mannila:
Personally I hope that Playmore starts making high-resolution 2D games. GGX2 has convinced me that high-resolution 2D is the way to go.
Amen.

Majin Geese

Crazed MVS Addict
IoriYagami n8:
Wishing a company you like would go under is just fucking stupid. You want them to stick with the Neo? They will get fucked up the ass just like SNK did. You don't want to support them on new things, then they don't even have a chance to begin with. Don't even waste your fucking money on buying anymore Neo related games then, cause you obviously don't care about the success of the company and longtivity of it's franchises. Just because a few games move to 3D doesn't mean everything will. Metal Slug in 3D is probably one of the easiest transitions to make without fucking up the feel of the game so much. Several past games have made their move into 3D without any trouble.

I want new hardware, I want to see an SNK fighter that has animations up there with SF3 and resolution like GGXX. I want to see a KOF roaster that blows Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2 out of the water. I want to see a Mark of the Wolves game that hands Street Fighter 3 it's balls in a chinese take out box. But I won't get that from anything if they limit themselves to the Neo. The Neo had it's run. It's on it's last lap and it's time for Playmore to take the gameplay we've come to expect and apply that to the next generation of consoles for some truely great games. If you don't want to see Playmore do well, and to see the characters we've all grown to love come back into the spot light, then fuck you.
I would have to agree with that. I mean I dont want them to stop supporting the Neo, but something NEW with alot of the old would not be bad. And I dont mean a new KOF game, And by new KOF game I mean last years KOF game with a new cover... Which is about all there are now. Ofcourse I will still by them..But hey..Heh..

~MG

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
maybe u r all missing the point, dont get me wrong i love the neo and 2D, but i would also like to see these great series go further on more advanced hardware. Ask youself do you like the neo geo or the series ( kof, garo ms samsho etc), personally i like the series and the neo is a old(but great)hardware. Would you prefer the same grafix rehacked or maybe new hardware that can take advantage of 3d and 2d as well.Imagane if the new snk vs cap was developed on a naomi with snk artists, man of course it would look and play better. I will play the games any way they come out, i am thankful to have a good snk based game anyway i can. I prefer the neo, but there is nothing wrong with change i mean it has to happen someday. To me u can have best of both 2D and 3D............NEONUT

Majin Geese

Crazed MVS Addict
I agree somewhat. All I am saying is, 2D can evolve, just as 3D has, heh, there is no such thing as a "Limit". Eitherway, if they keep pumping out games, I guess no one really can complain to much.

~MG