3D SNK VS Capcom and Metal Slug Coming.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/news/news_6025970.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/news/news_6025970.html</a>

According to Gamespot. Coming for the Ps2. Bag that noise. I guess 2D is being abandoned by even the most stonch advocate companies....like Playmore.

Well, we are getting Ms5, Chaos, and Matri...cant complain to much....Future looks bleak, though.

Discuss.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Bullshit. The original interview talked about a 3D Metal Slug, that they would release new games on new consoles, and that SNK vs Capcom would be shown at E3. Nothing about a 3D version of the game.

2DRevolution

Quiz Detective
I agree that is bullshit and if that's the case there is going to be a lot of pissed off Neo people, myself included. I was supposed to go to this years E3, but am going on a Cruise and Las Vegas instead, so next year baby.

However I would love to see a playable version of SNK vs. Capcom, it's about the only game I've been excited about for any system (except for Viewtiful Joe :D ). A friend of mine is going so I'll make sure he brings me back something. Peace.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Rade Kuruc:
<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/news/news_6025970.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/news/news_6025970.html</a>

According to Gamespot. Coming for the Ps2. Bag that noise. I guess 2D is being abandoned by even the most stonch advocate companies....like Playmore.

Well, we are getting Ms5, Chaos, and Matri...cant complain to much....Future looks bleak, though.

Discuss.

oh_no oh_no oh_no

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I want new hardware, but not a 3D fighter. If its a 3D fighter w/ 2D gameplay and speed then I'll live. But the bringing over of Neo ports to the USA is good news. Although I'm sure that the new PS2 titles will outsell those by leaps and bouds.

Perhaps this is why there is no KOF this year on the Neo, they could be making it on PS2 or whatever else.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I like the part that says that they're working with Nintendo to bring ports of some of the older games to Nintendo systems.

This business about new 3D versions of Metal Slug and Cap Vs SNK, well I can go two ways on that. On one hand it could be seen as a rebirth of sorts of the Neo 64. On the other hand it could be seen as Playmore trying to make some games to draw in more main stream gamers.

All that being said, my 2D loyalty will not let me pass an impartial judgement on this development.

Mike

SNKJorge

JHendrix:
I want new hardware, but not a 3D fighter. If its a 3D fighter w/ 2D gameplay and speed then I'll live. But the bringing over of Neo ports to the USA is good news. Although I'm sure that the new PS2 titles will outsell those by leaps and bouds.

Perhaps this is why there is no KOF this year on the Neo, they could be making it on PS2 or whatever else.
Yeah, KOF 3D fighter with 2D gameplay spock oh_no oh_no oh_no :rolleyes:

JHendrix

xtoo_short20x:
JHendrix:

Yeah, KOF 3D fighter with 2D gameplay spock oh_no oh_no oh_no :rolleyes:
I'd rather have next gen 2D no question, I think that they might do it. But if they (god forbid) go all 3D, then I hope it has the 2D gameplay. Played Rival Schools? It can work.

Yes I'm an optimist.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Wtf? Ok now I'm worried 3D SNK vs CAPCOM???? help Maybe they mean a port of the MVS/AES one with 3D backgrounds... And whats this about them looking for publishers of Arcade games??? :confused: I thought thats what SNK Neo Geo USA was for...

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Mark of the Wolves ]</small>

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I loved Wild Ambition...but yes, the graphic wasn't good enough to take on what was on the market. I love the graphic on Tekken 4, still hate the way the character moves...A Fatal Fury game with something like Tekken 4's graphic and even more to it then what Tekken has and a better fighting engine and we should be set for a bit until they can really dish new stuff out.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Hey, so long as the Neo is still getting support, more power to them. If 3-D versions of games on home consoles can help fund the company, then sweet.

The SF EX series certainly didn't spell doom for 2-D Street Fighter games.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
A 3D SNK vs Capcom is probablly a smart move on Playmore's part because average joe gamer will simply think its a Capcom vs SNK game. The polys, like it or not, will make it stand out from the Capcom's offerings and prehaps increase sales.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Come to think of it CvS was never confirmed to be a 2D MVS/AES game, was it? Just that it was a new game being developed by Playmore. We just assumed. What if it was a next gen 3D game this entire time?

You would think Shawn would have heard something about this. I thought the deal with Capcom was they got the two games they made and SNK got to make a couple handheld VS games and one big one. How can they be making different "3D" versions? A 2D game is a 2D game, regardless of backgrounds so I doubt Gamespot would refer to games like SNK ports on the Dreamcast as "3D".

??? :o

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
FeelGood:
Come to think of it CvS was never confirmed to be a 2D MVS/AES game, was it? Just that it was a new game being developed by Playmore. We just assumed. What if it was a next gen 3D game this entire time?

You would think Shawn would have heard something about this. I thought the deal with Capcom was they got the two games they made and SNK got to make a couple handheld VS games and one big one. How can they be making different "3D" versions? A 2D game is a 2D game, regardless of backgrounds so I doubt Gamespot would refer to games like SNK ports on the Dreamcast as "3D".

??? :o
Except on Playmore's site it says coming to Neo Geo... so... no worries there atleast :cool:

-Nick

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They obviously pulled the 3D SNK vs Capcom out of their ass.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a seperate game like that. They did a fantastic job with Samurai Tamishi and Asura Zanmaden (the two HNG64 Samurai Shodowns), so I'm sure they could do a fantastic job again.

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
rival schools was good but anyone remember streetfighter ex plus 1+2? :(
broken controls is the word

SNKJorge

jaydubnb:
A 3D SNK vs Capcom is probablly a smart move on Playmore's part because average joe gamer will simply think its a Capcom vs SNK game. The polys, like it or not, will make it stand out from the Capcom's offerings and prehaps increase sales.
Joking right?

spock :rolleyes:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
RyoGeo:
Hey, so long as the Neo is still getting support, more power to them. If 3-D versions of games on home consoles can help fund the company, then sweet.

The SF EX series certainly didn't spell doom for 2-D Street Fighter games.
You are right Ryo. I'm being to retarded with my statement.

3d has already been attempted and the result were an overall fincancial failure....Well, I guess you factor in the part that the sofware is being primarily produced for the most popular consumer system, we should be okay...but making 3D games for the psx wasnt exactly a cash machine either.

Well, all I gots to say is that enough people are making 3D games as it is. We dont need to have 5 different costumes for Mai. Im happy with my lovingly made sprites.

strider88

NEST Puppet
Overall this is great news! more SNK the better wink no matter what platform and I have to be honest I love my Ps2 wink lets just hope slug in 3d plays nothing like that updated blaster master on the PSone.............

JHendrix

Kusanagi-sama':
.........and I thought CAPCOM was a fucked company...
Yeah they're extra fucked, I mean look at them now compared to where SNK/Playmore is.... oh_no