SVC Chaos have new chip..

Ken Jospeh

n00b
Today, I saw HK magazine call"gamexxet", they have been to visit Playmore SVC Chaos developer and said that MVS cartridge have new decode chip inside, this chip is not for protect purpose, because this game have big data size over the old decode chip limit.....game will release on mid-july.....
At last, they said the KOF03 will release on DEC2003, but the game is not start develop progress now.

Sorry , [I'm very poor tranalate chinese to english language]

If this is true its a very major announcement indeed. In fact it kind of makes anything possible, lots of characters and great animation even! :D

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Ken Jospeh:
Today, I saw HK magazine call"gamexxet", they have been to visit Playmore SVC Chaos developer and said that MVS cartridge have new decode chip inside, this chip is not for protect purpose, because this game have big data size over the old decode chip limit.....game will release on mid-july.....
At last, they said the KOF03 will release on DEC2003, but the game is not start develop progress now.

spock give me a link to that info

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
KibagamiGenjuro:
If this is true its a very major announcement indeed. In fact it kind of makes anything possible, lots of characters and great animation even! :D
EXACTLY
A huge character roster will be "key" to sales where people care more about quantity than quality.
It reads like KOF will be more REHASH The series needs a complete overhaul.
-BB

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Ken Jospeh:

Wow.

Your English is pretty good though.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
BlackSpy:
Ken Jospeh:

Wow.

Your English is pretty good though.
Agreed. buttrock

Cole

Kin Cle, ,
I agree, if this is true this is VERY good news. Not only for SvC Chaos but many future Neo Geo games as well.

Now I wonder how much this new chip will add.. Not only to the current meg limit (around 700), but to the AES cart price also. spock

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Game Next (if that's what it is) is generally a very reliable source, so I believe it. Hopefully some info from Arcadia or Playmore themselves will confirm it.

Perhaps the chip somehow breaks the data limit, or they finally buckled down and came up with some form of file compression.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Cole:
I agree, if this is true this is VERY good news. Not only for SvC Chaos but many future Neo Geo games as well.

Now I wonder how much this new chip will add.. Not only to the current meg limit (around 700), but to the AES cart price also. spock
edited for setsuna:

39800 Y is more then enough,i think

they should add a native girl in bundle with every new cart

hell

all this talk about thew new chip is mega

ohhh,the possibilities...

let's hope this ain't bullshit

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Fran ]</small>

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982:
Don't say optimistic. Just say Fran :rolleyes:
yeah yeah

we're all smart today arent we

i wrote

all this talk of the new chip is mega

so i don't know if you didnt read properly

i don't know what occured in your mind

but i'm excited,smart one

the new chip excites me

choi and dhalsim excite me

playmore excites me

you excite me

the neo store excites me

i'm just one E X C I T E D young man

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Why add new chips, when they can add french fries?
wakka wakka!

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
The second awesome news of the day buttrock

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: gozu+mezu ]</small>

Setsuna1982

World Her,
but the new chip is a new chip for more space OR a memory for new functions?

Someone said that we can't expand the capacit because of bandwith issues...

So I guess this chip is replacing the encryption chip... to add new stuff (rotation or transparency?) and not more megs. Or perhaps better encription

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
This could be some big news... Still, with Playmore's unproven track record... one can only imagine what it would be used for. Since this is Playmore's first game... will they really use the megage like the old SNK, or will the chip merely allow them to code sloppier and achieve mediocre results... hmmm, can't wait to see this one,

-Nick

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Fran:
Setsuna1982:
Don't say optimistic. Just say Fran :rolleyes:
yeah yeah

we're all smart today arent we

i wrote

all this talk of the new chip is mega

so i don't know if you didnt read properly

i don't know what occured in your mind

but i'm excited,smart one

the new chip excites me

choi and dhalsim excite me

playmore excites me

you excite me

the neo store excites me

i'm just one E X C I T E D young man
Remove that stick from your ______!
Can we @ least get all the facts before you start with the negativity?
There is HOPE ya know.... :rolleyes:
-BB

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
This is awesome news. Lets hope it allows More characters to be added and not loose as much graphical power.

hanzo x

n00b
This could be the biggest news since the MVS/AES launch, because if I can speculate I could say that if this adds processing or graphics power it could be the born of a new era in SNK history.

Some of you probably remember the FX chip that added 3D calculation power to the SNES, and bring some good games as the Star Fox or the N64 extra feature to run games like Majora's Mask, so I confident that the extra functions of the new chip it will be the extra power to run games with better quality.

By the way if I go a little bit further, u can put a processor inside the cartridge hundreds of times more powerful and with a minimum cost, this new processor could relieve or relief the functions of one of the two processors of the AES/MVS.

What du think?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
well IF this is no bullshit MAYBE we can all TRY to keep our finger crossed...

Yes, I'm a romantic dreamer.

It's a dream paradox.