New Neo Geo Software with Different Hardware(i.e. another MVS)?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I keep hearing people talk about a sucessor to the MVS/AES, is there any validity to this?

Can someone post a link, or perhaps some insider speculation?

Is Playmore moving on to another system or are they creating new hardware for future games?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Nothing solid, it has been hinted to, but many have their doubts. Personally, I would love to see new hardware, but, we already got the Hyper Neo Geo... and that floped.. Many even say Brezza's Crystal System was a successor... but I say that is bullshit, since it had nothing to do with Neo and never got any Neo games... had it, it may have been a winner.

ANYWAY. No proof, just speculation.

-Nick

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I remeber reading in one of the thread (posted by Shawn) Playmore is going to support the MVS hardware for "at least" 5 more years. so ......... I don't think there will be anything new. that's good isn't it

Freelancer

Banned
I found the annoucnement about Playmore supporting the MVS for another 5 years as refreshing. The Neo's legacy is in 2D and I do not want to see the Neo go the "same-same" 3D route that all of today's games seem to have gone.

The MVS has proven that it still has the ability to bring us the non-mainstream games that we want. Why end that trend now with enhanced harware? The HyperNeo64 didn't exactly break new ground, so I feel Playmore is making the right decision by staying with the MVS for the time being.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
considering the arcade competition , sega/nintendo and the X-Box based hardware I really dont see where Playmore has any real choice but to stay with MVS hardware , unless they have been working on some stellar piece of hardware ? Which I seriously doubt as the company as whole comes off to me like a bumbling oaf that doesnt know what to do next.

Im starting to think all they think the MVS is capable of is fighting games. and very non origional ones at that , they just keep milking the same old cow over and over and for this MVS owner its getting very old fast. That said I will always love my Neo for the older games made to date but I dont hold much hope for the future under Playmores controll.

They just need something more origionall than another Slug or KOF game.

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>

candycab:
I totally agree with this. I presonally would like to see a really great vertical shootem up or something, totally new though, not rehashed. With games like the new Dodonpachi for the ps2 doing quite well i'm sure the neo could hapilly produce a decent game of this sort.

Or if not maybe a horizontal shooter like Blazing Star, that would be cool. :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
KibagamiGenjuro:
candycab:
I totally agree with this. I presonally would like to see a really great vertical shootem up or something, totally new though, not rehashed. With games like the new Dodonpachi for the ps2 doing quite well i'm sure the neo could hapilly produce a decent game of this sort.

Or if not maybe a horizontal shooter like Blazing Star, that would be cool. :)
Well there is Poochi Nya coming out :)

-Nick

Baseley09

Hair Group,
To me it seems that Playmore lack a real sense of identity.

Just like when John Lennon n Paul Macartey left the Beatles, everyone expected Beatles songs........

In a way, the public got their wish, but in a watered down form.

Good they support MVS, long may it continue.......

but it is old isn;t it.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Baseley09:
To me it seems that Playmore lack a real sense of identity.

Just like when John Lennon n Paul Macartey left the Beatles, everyone expected Beatles songs........

In a way, the public got their wish, but in a watered down form.

Good they support MVS, long may it continue.......

but it is old isn;t it.
True, the past and future have fuck in common.
Or they go the worst mile and drag smelling bodies of the past with them.
Unfortunately even doing so isnt enough for SNK fans, and I am still in denial SNK is gone.

SNK NEO-GEO is not SNK to me, SNK to me was the class and feel of games, 96 and 93 were some of my fave snk years.. Truly my thought..
Theres only three letters in that formula, it was so fucking comfy and simple at that time, but now its different. I am just glad I know of people who I can see eye to eye on certain issues with.

fuck, fuck, shit, shit, damn, damn. Boy do I need a life.

mungrin

Panko KING,
I agree they do need somthing new.And as for hardware only able to do fighting games and being outdated,look at Blazing Star.To this day i dont think i have seen a better looking shooter on any hardware.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
candycab:

They just need something more origional than another Slug or KOF game.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I hear that there is a possible 3D version of Metal Slug for the consoles next year or so *yawn*

If anything, I think Playmore should keep all their focus in making niche 2D titles, like the Treasure company. It's what SNK did best, Playmore should just stick with that.

I wonder if these next 5 years are going to see something drastically change?