Better SNK at E3 article.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
<a href="http://www.gamedaily.com/xtras/snk/" target="_blank">http://www.gamedaily.com/xtras/snk/</a>

So there is a consumer oriented SNK branch in Jersey? This I did not know.

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Daisuke Jigen ]</small>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ROAD TRIP buttrock

nice article

wow, back log of ports = roxxor

metal slug 3d?? ASL??

samsho!!

SNK's BAK!! (like shinobi)

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: sonic1687 ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Damn it looks like they are all gung ho for developing next gen specific titles! When is the next E3 Expo? We will see SvC footage then.

Plus this guy wants a 3D Slug (finally, the only thing this series has been missing all these years!) and a new online Baseball Stars game (read: 3D).

Just glad he confirmed Samurai Shodown. That's all I care about. Lets just hope it is 3D though. :rolleyes:

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
FeelGood:
Damn it looks like they are all gung ho for developing next gen specific titles! When is the next E3 Expo? We will see SvC footage then.

Plus this guy wants a 3D Slug (finally, the only thing this series has been missing all these years!) and a new online Baseball Stars game (read: 3D).

Just glad he confirmed Samurai Shodown. That's all I care about. Lets just hope it is 3D though. :rolleyes:
May 14-16th

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Metal Slug 3-D? spock

Hmm. . .

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
RyoGeo:
Metal Slug 3-D? spock

Hmm. . .
Let's face it, if Playmore wants to stay competitive, they need to give it a shot. Almost every other franchise has taken the leap to 3D. Metal Gear made the transition to 3D, Castlevania is making its attempted transition to 3D again, Megaman will probably make its transition to 3D again in some foreseeable future, Metroid made its transition to 3D. I don't like the idea that much either, but I want the Playmore/SNK franchise to survive.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Looks like the SamSho rumor was true. That's awesome news. Hanzo baby!
Metal Slug 3D? Hmmm. I've never even really thought of that. Least just by reading that I know that they have big plans. Let's just hope that they finish them, and that they do well doing so.
I'm hyped up.
Fucking ecstatic. multi_co buttrock drool :cool:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Sounds interesting. annoyed

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
a 3-D Metal Slug :( , I have the big feeling that it's not gonna be good one bit

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</small>

SSS

neo retired
3d metal slug? not sure. but baseball stars should make an easy transition with online play buttrock

New SS, great!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The next gen stuff I could care less about, but... knowing we will be seeing Snk Vs Capcom at E3... man oh man... got to get the video camera ready wink

-Nick

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I just wanna see KoF 2000 and KoF 2001 on the PS2 released here. I'm also excited I can use my GBA for more than Yu-Gi-Oh! and Street Fighter.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Playmore can make more money by pressing CD's for the new systems. Cheaper to produce, and greater margins. The arcade market is shrinking overall, and they need a market that is growing.

Bing: home consoles already in use by the millions. Similar to Sega I guess.

Makes sense that they will focus on doing that, from a business perspective.

Neo purists will disapprove, but bottom lines are bottom lines. Money drives the business.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
<strong> "We make games in Japan for PS2, and we plan to convert them—and make others—for play here in the states."
i liked this part.
maybe ms3 will be coming out in the us with bloooood

<strong> "We have not released any games in the U.S. since King of Fighters '99,"
and i thought this was particularly amusing.
but thats just me.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hopefully E3 will mark the re-emergence of SNK. Regardless of wether or not games will be going multi-platform and possibly even 3-d, it is the ONLY thing that will prevent PLAYMORE from following the path of it's predecessor..SNK

...can't wait to see that SNK vs CAPCOM footage!!

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I must say it is good news, as Playmore is planning on investing in other markets to ensure the longevity of the brand.

Mike

Bead Banger
This news to me and to many others will be:

Bitter Sweet
annoyed

Sklabah

Another Striker
I am very excited by this news. MS3 PS2 baby.

While moving away from the Neo-Geo in favor of next-gen systems seems a little"anti-purist", I like the idea of my favorite franchises getting a life extension. Wait and see = good policy.

Must get ticket to E3 :D