SNK at E3...

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Cult-favorite game brand SNK will make a re-appearance at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo this year, reports GameDaily. Playmore, the Japanese company that purchased SNK's assets after the original company went out of business in 2001, is establishing an American presence under the name SNK Neo Geo USA, which will show two Game Boy Advance titles at the show. The company is planning titles for all console platforms at present, focusing on key SNK names like Metal Slug, Baseball Stars, and Samurai Shodown.

The company's current product slate includes only Metal Slug and King of Fighters for Game Boy Advance, but we welcome news of any further Playmore projects coming stateside. Expect further news from the show next month.

<a href="http://gamers.com/news/1361988" target="_blank">http://gamers.com/news/1361988</a>

Good news but I'm wondering what KOF game they are talking about for the GBA Acclaim is doing EX2 Howling Blood.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Good News but where's the Last Blade 3 announcement? (MOTW 2 is also acceptable)

Q

qube

Baseball Stars??!! YYYEEEESSSSS *jumps around like idiot* buttrock buttrock :D :D drool_2 drool_2

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Mark of the Wolves:
Cult-favorite game brand SNK will make a re-appearance at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo this year, reports GameDaily. Playmore, the Japanese company that purchased SNK's assets after the original company went out of business in 2001, is establishing an American presence under the name SNK Neo Geo USA, which will show two Game Boy Advance titles at the show. The company is planning titles for all console platforms at present, focusing on key SNK names like Metal Slug, Baseball Stars, and Samurai Shodown.

The company's current product slate includes only Metal Slug and King of Fighters for Game Boy Advance, but we welcome news of any further Playmore projects coming stateside. Expect further news from the show next month.

<a href="http://gamers.com/news/1361988" target="_blank">http://gamers.com/news/1361988</a>

Good news but I'm wondering what KOF game they are talking about for the GBA Acclaim is doing EX2 Howling Blood.
There's been lots of speculations about this, but looks like now it's no longer rumors, and Playmore is actually programming Metal Slug Survival Mission and their own in-house development of King of Fighters. The previous ones were coded by Sun-Tec, and what's the other one, I can't recall. But Marvelous Entertainment did the publishing for both, Playmore just licensed their name and artwork.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think Iori's 2 new partners, whose name eludes me, and Kyo's partners Moe Habana and Chizuru's husband play like garbage? They also look like garbage. Animation is terrible for these new characters.

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: bokmeow ]</small>

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is a happy day for GBA owners. I can't wait to play some metal slug on the go and actually be able to see what im doing (you have to love the gba sp's backlight).

Anyway it will be awesome to see some great SNK franchises back at E3.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Cool. They will be in the west hall.

<a href="http://www.e3expo.com/current_exhibitors/index.cfm?search=Q-T" target="_blank">http://www.e3expo.com/current_exhibitors/index.cfm?search=Q-T</a>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Hmm I am all for SNK expanding their horizons and developing their next wave of sequels for platform OTHER than the AES/MVS so we can see the full potential of their creative capabilities and shit. It's time to move on, we have been limited by hardware for far too long.

Plus it sounds to me like the next Metal Slug, Baseball Stars and Samurai Shodown (!!?!?!?!?!?) game will be released with NEXT GEN hardware in mind and NOT AES! Looks like SNK is finally out to make some money. This has me a little giddy and shit but if they fuck over all their classic properties with shitty (or even good) attempts at 3D I will be royally fucking pissed off.

Don't even think about it SNK. Nobody wants to piss off a leapord print shirt wearing motherfucker with a 28.8, fucking nobody... :mad:

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: FeelGood ]</small>

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
"BA, BA, BA, BASEBALL STAR! ONE OUT!!! BASEBALL STARS 2."

OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!!OH MY GOD!!! (JOSEPH JOESTAR)

BASEBALL STARS is comming for my GBA, and i'm cumming for hearing that news. Oh my god! i was sad today, but here comes my + of the day.

Have you noticed the METAL SLUG 3D, hope the do it a FPS like TIME SPLITTERS2 (it have something of METAL SLUG in the design)

2003: THE YEAR OF THE SNK

General_Morden

Quiz Detective
gozu+mezu:

Have you noticed the METAL SLUG 3D, hope the do it a FPS like TIME SPLITTERS2 (it have something of METAL SLUG in the design)
That's exactly how i dont want them to do slug 3D.
shame CONTRA Style rulez buttrock buttrock

JuBond

BondJu, ,
Based on what was said in the article about SNK returning to E3, it can be assumed that there will be no new home NeoGeo hardware in the near future. The last sentence pretty much says it all. So if any of the rumors about Playmore developing the next "MVS" are true, it seems it will only be an arcade platform. Like stated above, I'm all for Playmore expanding to the next-gen consoles, but it seems like they are slowly beginning to phase out the home system. The last thing I want to see is the end of home cart releases, and I'm a MVS guy to boot. I hope I'm just getting paranoid over nothing...

EDIT: The article I'm refering to is the one posted in the other topic. (the interview with the new pres of SNK NeoGeo USA Consumer)

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: JuBond ]</small>