OverTop = new BTG?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Damn, that's a HIGH price for that game! eek!

Just as usual, seems conditions DO matter, huh?

<a href="http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/bid_hist?aID=b36826990" target="_blank">Wallet Killer</a>

Actually an insane bidwar raised this nice copy price up to the roof, yet considering that's a Japanese price (which are usually lower than the westerns) that sum is still impressive!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Shito:
Damn, that's a HIGH price for that game! eek!

Just as usual, seems conditions DO matter, huh?

<a href="http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/bid_hist?aID=b36826990" target="_blank">Wallet Killer</a>

Actually an insane bidwar raised this nice copy price up to the roof, yet considering that's a Japanese price (which are usually lower than the westerns) that sum is still impressive!
I was watching this auction and didn't think it would go up that high. But as for the price, I always figured this would happen, because Overtop is part of that group of games near impossible to acquire in perfect condition (Stakes Winner 2, Overtop, Syougi no Tatsujin, CMDQ).

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I should've bought it from you when you were selling it, Charlie.

Fuck.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Kid Aphex:

Fuck.
Nah. Not as fun as NDO. Overtop is for collectors about to finish the run.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Wow, that's crazy. By the way, what's up w/ the 3 ninja masters on yahoo japan...I thought that game was rare spock

aria

Former Moderator
Well, I think Overtop is pretty fun:

Of course, I paid about $60 for the MVS -so I wasn't really invested into like the home cart.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Bobak:
Well, I think Overtop is pretty fun:

Of course, I paid about $60 for the MVS -so I wasn't really invested into like the home cart.
kinda the same here, got the cd version and i think the soundtrack is amazing

track 6 and 7 are absolutely brilliant - at first i thought the game was balls but it grows on you :)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
Kid Aphex:

Fuck.
Nah. Not as fun as NDO. Overtop is for collectors about to finish the run.
Agreed. Overtop is ok as a game, but total pants compared to NDO imho.
Overtop, at the price it goes for, is pure collector fodder. Going on pure gaming values alone, it's worth no where near what it fetches... but then since when has the monetary value of an AES cart ever reflected the actuall quality of the game itself?? spock oh_no

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
OverTop isn't a BAD game per se, but even the $65 I paid for the MVS cart is too much IMO. The only time I play it is at get-togethers to show off the worst game in my collection. buttrock

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Phoenix Down:
OverTop isn't a BAD game per se, but even the $65 I paid for the MVS cart is too much IMO. The only time I play it is at get-togethers to show off the worst game in my collection. buttrock
and then Mouse Master whips out Shitter Man and Over Top Starts to look awesome.

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
That's not fair,Diggerman is more of a homebrewn-thingy... smirk
As for lousy REAL Neo-games,Success Joe deserves the crown. :D
Overtop also has an advantage of being one of the few(4) driving games for the Neo...at least it's unique. :)