MS3 for PS2 is #9 on Japans most wanted lists!

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Hey now, theres some good news here. According to this weeks Famitsu Metal Slug 3 for PS2 is #9 on the most wanted list. Any IGN Insiders can check this weeks Gaming Life In Japan article for confirmation of this (its on Page 2 if you're looking).

Pretty friggin good news for Playmore, not to mention its nice to know that somewhere on this planet the Neo actually gets some recognition mainstream gamers. The only sad thing actually was that there weren't any Neo games in the top 10 arcade games for the week.

Still I gotta say I was more than pleasantly surprized to see good old Metal Slug 3 at #9 on the most wanted lists!!

Peace

JHendrix

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I am really excited to see the new mini games and such. I have mine on preorder and I'm sure many people feel the same way I do.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
ya damn straight that that thing is wanted.
playmore better make damn sure that that game is 10 times better than the abomination known as slug x on the playstation (argh, too short would have a field day with this).
playmore must make sure that thier staff can create better ports than in the past. a major part of thier success depends on it.
hell, i am still waiting for some solid GBA games and some slugs for my dreamcast. shit, I'l pay $100 a copy for that.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Can't wait, hope the game is as good as the Neo ver.

Giby

slerch666

updyke,
Sweet! Hopefully MS3 PS2 sells out the ass and Playmore decides to release it in the US.

A person can dream.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Wicked! This is the kind of attention Playmore should be getting! Oh please oh please, release the game state side. Seeing Metal Slug X was released here, the chances are big fellows ^_^

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Does anyone know what the mini games will be about. Somekind of Combat School like MS on CD, info?

drool

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
That's great news, but let's remember
that they are talking about Japan not
the US. That will never happen here.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It might do well over here if released by word of mouth alone. The Metal Slug franchise seems to be someone known by non Neo gamers in the US.

I think Playmore should start porting it's games to the GBA so the kiddies can get familiar with its franchises.

Imagine Metal slug x on the go. buttrock

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x:
WTF?? you forgot to mention that the port will be INFERIOR

luckily i wasted my money over a year ago on the fucking homecart :rolleyes: shit if i had that money i could get a ps2 and ms3 and MORE games now.

i dont find that to be inferior.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
xtoo_short20x:
I know man, but I think its at least encouraging to know that there is a demand for Neo games even amongst the mainstream in Japan.

I mean they like Metal Slug 3 enough to want to buy the inferior port! Thats a whole lot better than just downloading the rom. :)

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
sonic1687:
xtoo_short20x:
WTF?? you forgot to mention that the port will be INFERIOR

luckily i wasted my money over a year ago on the fucking homecart :rolleyes: shit if i had that money i could get a ps2 and ms3 and MORE games now.

i dont find that to be inferior.
Like I've said, the main game may in fact be worse (though it looks like they may have changed some things up so it might be different too...) but you can't do all those challenges and extra modes on the Neo-Geo version, so you can't argue that it's going to be entirely inferior. Some parts of it will be unique and thus it's worth a buy. I even bought a PS2 joystick just for this.