LAST SECOND BIDDERS

• Thread starter DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
  • Start date
D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THIS GOES OUT TO ALL THE LIL "CENSORED" WHO BID AT THE LAST SECOND!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! I BEEN TRYIN TO GET THAT CART FOR 4 MONTHS..."CENSORED"!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL (edited November 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL (edited November 15, 2000).]

Cros

n00b
I know how you feel.

Unfortunetly, the only way to beat last second bidders is to do it also.

G

gokusama26

Last second bidding does not bother me under one condition. If said bidder has been bidding on it for at least an hour. Then, it is "legit" enough that you are not just a god damn bidsniper. I just hate it when I've been high bidder for 5 days, 23 hours, and 55 seconds and then someone just blows my bid away in the last 5 seconds. I've had it happen so many times, and I've always wanted to get their contact info and tear them a new cornshoot. I know it is entirely legal, according to eBay rules, but it sure makes alot of people hate you. Why does averyone always capitalize the "E" in eBay instead of the "B"? It's not Ebay, it's eBay!

BJMFH

Morden's Lackey
Last second bidding is the best thing about eBay! You can get stuff cheaper that way. Don't get mad, just start doing it yourself. If everyone bid at the last second we'd all be alot wealthier! Don't hate the player, hate the game!

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
If you actually bid the maximum $ your willing to pay, you cant be sniped. If you didn't bid your max then you missed out because you tried to save a few bucks, well thats just the way it goes. I doubt anyone likes it, but if you wanna win you gotta play the game.
I enjoy ebay. I allmost never win any auctions, but I think its kinda fun.
-nick_th_fury

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Isn't it "ebaY"?

Originally posted by gokusama26:
Last second bidding does not bother me under one condition. If said bidder has been bidding on it for at least an hour. Then, it is "legit" enough that you are not just a god damn bidsniper. I just hate it when I've been high bidder for 5 days, 23 hours, and 55 seconds and then someone just blows my bid away in the last 5 seconds. I've had it happen so many times, and I've always wanted to get their contact info and tear them a new cornshoot. I know it is entirely legal, according to eBay rules, but it sure makes alot of people hate you. Why does averyone always capitalize the "E" in eBay instead of the "B"? It's not Ebay, it's eBay!

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
I agree with nick. I always bid the maximum I'm willing to pay. That way, if I get outbid at the last minute, there is no harm done because I wouldn't have bid any higher anyway.

Ryan

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah, sniping used to piss me off. Someone tried to get me about a week ago for a Saturn Puyo Puyo game. What I like to do is, if I am able to sit in front of my computer for the last few minutes of the auction, I open a seperate window with a new bid amount in it. Then, I refresh the original window every few seconds so if someone sneaks in a bid I just maximize the other window and click on place bid. It doesn't really bother me anymore because I started putting in the max. But it does feel good once in a while to beat someone trying to snipe you.

Later,
Jeff

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

I WAS HIGH BIDDER FOR 7 DAYS!! I BID A GOOD CHUNK OF CHANGE, THEN THE LAST FEW SECONDS SOME MORON PULLED THE DIRTY DEED!! DAMN I WAS SO GEEKED THINKIN I FINALLY HAD THE CART, THEN BLAM!!! AND THERE WAS NOTHIN I COULD DO! I WAS FURIOUS, IT WAS SHOCK TROOPERS 1 ..IF ANYONE HAS THIS FOR MVS PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I APPRECIATE ALL THE FEEDBACK THANKS GUYS!!! SAMHAIN

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
I must confess that I'm a snipe bidder. It has always allowed me to get things for better prices than if you put your max in.

As far as Shock Troopers 1 goes, I missed out on a new MVS kit a month ago because I was watching TV and forgot to snipe bid! I was so mad especially because it went for $55.

James

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
It would be cool if Ebiatch would have the 5 minute extention like the Yahoo auction have.

It sucks when you get outbid and the last few seconds.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Last minute bidding, or sniping, is really the only way to go. Last year on my birthday I lost an auction for a Blazing Star home cartridge, for just that reason, and the damn thing went for only $202.50!, so ever since then I took it upon myself to become a last minute bidder, and it's really a good way to save cash. Just be warned of television watching, accidentally falling asleep and a few other things that can ruin the practice. I always put in my minumum bid, or just watch items these days, and then snipe away with less than 10 seconds to go, with much the same open-another-window-or-two technique SoloFenris described.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

looks like i will have to become a master sniper..lol

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
"It would be cool if Ebiatch would have the 5 minute extention like the Yahoo auction have.
It sucks when you get outbid and the last few seconds."

Argh! No! This would be terrible! The prices some of the stuff would climb too would totally make it not worthwhile! Imagine the prices stuff could reach, snipping is the only way to win stuff affordably on eBay nowadays. I too learned this the hardway.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
It would be cool if you selling somthing but its true thats its not cool if your buying.

Neo ill Devil Massiahz

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Ha Ha Ha. I just outbided one of the auction that you bid yesterday-Pulstar MVS. My ebay id: aka-ranma.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with last bidding. Trust me, others outbidded me at the last time more than I care to think. It's only way to keep the cost down. Next time, bid the max amount you are willing to pay. That way, you wouldn't feel bad if you get outbid. Either that, or bid at the last moment
smile.gif

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
Ha Ha Ha. I just outbided one of the auction that you bid yesterday-Pulstar MVS. My ebay id: aka-ranma.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with last bidding. Trust me, others outbidded me at the last time more than I care to think. It's only way to keep the cost down. Next time, bid the max amount you are willing to pay. That way, you wouldn't feel bad if you get outbid. Either that, or bid at the last moment
smile.gif
WELL LET ME ASK YOU THIS! WHY IN THE HELL DIDNT YOU BID ON THE PULSTAR CART ABOVE THAT THE SAME GUY WAS SELLIN AND NO ONE BID ON? SAME PRICE SAME SELLER SAME CART NO BIDS,,INSTEAD YOU TOOK THE ONE I BID ON, THAT MAKES ALOT OF FGN SENSE????????????????

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
The Ebitch shit bidding is ok is the price remains low but is still kinda unfair to thoes really desire the game.

After days with no bids at the last few seconds someone bids and it pisses me off.

That is not an auction but a sneak shit to get the item at a low price.

Its legal and done moe than often on ebay but it really sux.

Neo Ill Devil Illy Massiahz

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
WELL LET ME ASK YOU THIS! WHY IN THE HELL DIDNT YOU BID ON THE PULSTAR CART ABOVE THAT THE SAME GUY WAS SELLIN AND NO ONE BID ON? SAME PRICE SAME SELLER SAME CART NO BIDS,,INSTEAD YOU TOOK THE ONE I BID ON, THAT MAKES ALOT OF FGN SENSE????????????????[/B]

Ebay should have some shit where in the last 5 mins or so the minimum bid should be like at least $10 to make shit fair (depending on the seller and the item's price).
If you really want the item then you should have no problem outbidding someone but not outbidding someone just by one bitchass buck.

That Sucks! That shit happend to me soo many fckin times and i felt like fining the last minute outbidder's addy and givin him a massive beatdown.

Fck it, That Ebitch's rules for ya.

Neo Wu Dan Illiz Cypha Massiahz

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
My internet connection has been dead all day today, until now, otherwise I would have responded to lordsamhain's post.

Let's clear a few things up right now. First, I bid my max amount, 3.5 MINUTES before the end of the auction, NOT IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS!!!! DRUNKEN SHAOLIN MASTER, you had PLENTY of time to recover the Shock Troopers cart. Your original bid was $50, after my max bid it went to $52, then you bid it up a few times, to $57, $62, $72, and that was it. Don't rag on me about bidding on the MVS cart, I didn't wait till the last ten seconds as most people do, I left plenty of time for followup bids.

Secondly, as others have said here, bid your max amount instead of bidding smaller amounts, that way eBay will automatically raise your bid as needed to your max, if necessary.

Finally, sending an email to someone who outbid you on an auction, NOT IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS AT ALL, that says "THANKS PUNK!!!!" as the subject line (and no message) is really lame. eBay is an auction site; if you don't bid enough, don't blame people who bid over you, and sending them dumbass messages like that doesn't accomplish anything at all.

angry.gif

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

BLOW ME!!!!!! ..YOUR CHEAP TACTICS EARNED IT!!! .......

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
If you actually bid the maximum $ your willing to pay, you cant be sniped. If you didn't bid your max then you missed out because you tried to save a few bucks, well thats just the way it goes.

That's an excellent point. Whenever I want an item very badly, I'll go ahead and drive the item's price up early on, as opposed to pulling a "last second" snipe. However, if I don't really want a specific item all that badly, I'll play the sniping game. Heh, with my Palm Vx and omnisky wireless modem, I can bid on items even if I'm on the road!

[This message has been edited by DolphinLord (edited November 15, 2000).]