SNK VS CAPCOm for DC

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I don't know if it should be posted here, but...the game is fairly cool. I got Shenmu and this game last Friday, and I have just about played this game only.

Speaking of which, is there any definitive sequel announcement for the Dreamcast?

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
Capcom vs SNK 2 was announced a couple of months ago for the arcade. No word on whether or not it will come to the Dreamcast. Knowing Capcom and their great ties with Sega it surely will though.

Also, Shenmue 2 is due out in Japan sometime in 2K1. Expected a US release about 6-8 months after its debut in Japan.

JRock917

, ,
I just played SNK vs Capcom today for the first time, and its one hella awsome game. Oh, I see you got Shenmu too, good choice Terry.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I have CAPCOM vs. SNK just sitting and waiting for Christmas to come...(its a present)I see it everytime I go in my moms room......DAMN I CAN'T WAIT!!

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Ouch. Present that is not coming for over a month? Either your parent is a prepared type, or it's a torture...

C

Caris Nautilus

Cap vs SNK rules, 2 should have more samurai people

danny

n00b
I also own the Dreamcast version of Capcom vs SNK. I play it all the time, of course it would be better if I had an arcade stick. Anyone recommend a good arcade stick controller for Dreamcast? Also since we're on SNK ports anyone know if SNK has any plans to port over the Samuri Showdown series to Dreamcast?

S

Silent_Scope

I have Capcom vs SNK for JPN Dreamcast for a long time and I have a mixed feeling about this game. It's so hard for me to collect those ridiculous points to buy extras (something like 7000 points or so unless you have NGCP so you can transfer data....) Frankly speaking, it's not a bad game but not the great either. Hopefully Capcom will make great improvement in the sequel. I'd rather play my KOF 99 Evolution instead.

O

Omega-NEO

I was very excited about this game's release because I have a Dreamcast, and I used to be big into SNK fighters... much more so that Midway or Capcom ones. So seeing this release made me drool with envy for everyone that had a copy. So I rented this one, simply because I could not find it in stock anywhere in the city where I live. I planned on ordering it on-line after I rented it and verified its 'coolness'. Damn I was disappointed. First off, I BEAT the entire game within one hour!! C'mon, where's the fun in that? The final boss was Geese Howard because I was using Guile, Blanka, and Cammy as my team members, and I didn't even have to use Blanka or Cammy to defeat Geese. Guile beat Geese the first round and had about 75% life left. Then I beat Geese in Round 2, by a very narrow margin, but still, I did it with only one guy. Needless to say I took the game back that same night and rented Marvel vs. Capcom 2 because I was so pissed off. I didn't adjust the difficulty settings at all (is there any settings)?? I didn't even go into the options menu, period. I simply started a game and proceeded to beat it. Its very sad...

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Hey Silent_scope, I recommend the agetec official Dreamcast arcade stick. It's responsive, official, sturdy and it matches the dreamcast console well. I use mine for all the great fighting games on the Dreamcast. Have you checked out Street Fighter III, 3rd strike yet. That game's awesome!

S

Silent_Scope

BakuretsuMutekiSid:
I got both fighting stick and SF 3rd Strike already. Maybe I'm too stupid......
Thanks for your information.
C'mon SNK, I'm waiting for DC version of Metal Slug 3 >:P

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
BakuretsuMutekiSid:
I got both fighting stick and SF 3rd Strike already. Maybe I'm too stupid......
Thanks for your information.
C'mon SNK, I'm waiting for DC version of Metal Slug 3 >:P

With Metal Slug 4 coming out soon for the arcade, I doubt they'd release metal Slug 3

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Would you also doubt SNK's releasing Metal Slug X for the Playstation? Well that has some potential not to come true, but it's newest release isin't too far away, so let's see. The very idea is of course what I'm getting at.