PDA

View Full Version : NCS! Check this out!

outsider
11-10-2000, 12:35 PM
Check out that massive flood they updated today with, not only that, they say they have a deal that might come through including more carts INCLUDING METAL SLUG 1 AND METAL SLUG3!

endgamer
11-10-2000, 12:41 PM
Yeah! It's very exciting for me. I get new games and not at crazy prices. I've already e-mailed me preorder list and the've even responded. Can't wait.

BakuretsuMutekiSid
11-10-2000, 06:43 PM
Oh, yeah! I also jumped on the bandwagon. I reserved me a copy of Metal Slug 2, KoF 99, and Metal Slug X. Even though 2 is basically the same as X, I decided to get it anyway - new and at a good price = must have. They also have last blade, european version, for the NGPC. I decided to pick that up too. I already got Evolution. How often do these shipments of new Neo Geo games come in like this? Should I slow down and only pick up X and 99?

BakuretsuMutekiSid
11-10-2000, 06:44 PM
By the way, Thanks outsider for posting that up. Kind of got me excited to see new Neo Geo games up for sale!

endgamer
11-10-2000, 07:57 PM
I've been in the NEO scene since this past May and since then I've been surfing Ebay and all the NEO sites I could get to and I must say this is very rare indeed. It's almost like hitting the NEO GEO jackpot. Way I see it those prices are great. We are talking BRAND NEW. Although I have recently purchased three NEW games but they were all from different vendors. From Mcvans.com I got Windjammers, from Lou Roos off Ebay just today I received League Bowling and when he said NEW he wasn't lying! Last but not least Fatal Fury 3 Japanese that also just came today although I have not opened it yet.yet. Picked this one up via Ebay as well. But to find this many BRAND NEW carts in one place is, well... In my opinion NCSX is awesome. Recently I was able to get an official SEGA SATURN s-video cord from them and today Vampire Chronicle for the SEGA DCAST and that one is ever so hard to get.

outsider
11-10-2000, 11:14 PM
Believe me, this is one of those rare occasions that comes around only so often. Very fair prices, brand new games. I'm always looking for games and believe me this one is a hard one to beat.

In my area even more, I never find anything related to Neo anywhere in my city. I've found a guy once who sold me about 3-4 games but that was about it. And even with my EXTENSIVE, MASSIVE online searching, you wont beat NCS.

Neo Bomber Man
11-11-2000, 05:39 AM
Check out that massive flood they updated today with, not only that, they say they have a deal that might come through including more carts INCLUDING METAL SLUG 1 AND METAL SLUG3!

Incredible, isin't it? I might just stay home that day constantly refreshing the screen to e-mail them right away if they post Metal Slug for sale. I've been trying to get that game for over four years now, and I'm not going to miss a potential chance like this.

benares
11-11-2000, 10:11 AM
I'm not a big Metal Slug fan to be honest. But there are some other great games in there. Unfortunately their is no Magical Drop 3 http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/frown.gif

chimpmeister
11-11-2000, 11:07 AM
Neo Bomber Man, if you've been trying to get Metal Slug for the home cart system, I have a suggestion. Pick up an MVS cart (around $60), then a Samurai Shodown 2 home cart, send them to Jeff Kurtz, and he'll convert them for a VERY reasonable price. He even puts a nice Metal Slug sticker on the converted cart, and includes a Metal Slug insert that he designed, for whichever case you want (old style or new snap case). I did just that, and the Slug cart he created is beautiful!! And it works PERFECTLY!! Total cost for this work should be well under $200, depending on what you buy the two carts for to send him. It beats the hell out of paying $750 to $1000 on the official home cart. Plus, there is a homebrew Metal Slug manual coming out . . . I've seen a prototype of it, and I have to say its one of the BEST manuals I've EVER seen!!! Once that comes out (its in the printing process now), you can have a complete, great-looking, high quality MS1 cart, which although not original, is as GOOD or BETTER than what SNK produced!!!

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
11-11-2000, 11:57 AM
DAMN!!!! I THINK I MIGHT GO WITH THE KURTZ METAL SLUG CART!! WHEN I GET A LIL EXTRA LOOT I THINK I WILL TAKE THAT ROUTE!! VERY NICE!..SAMHAIN

BryLmoo
11-11-2000, 12:04 PM
I don't know about yall, but I've already pre-ordered a KoF99 from NCSX. It isn't everyday that you see this happen. I really can't believe it myself...::drools::...NCSX is the BEST IMPORT SERVICE ON THE NET. I would recommend em' to anybody. Unlike NGF...or should I say NGFUCKS...

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

benares
11-11-2000, 12:08 PM
You're missing some people aren't you?

flashback videogames was scalping Vampire Chronicles for $139.99. Now that NCS has the game out they are STILL scalping but down to $99.99.

Pass the word friends. I hope Flashback chokes on all those copies.

[This message has been edited by benares (edited November 11, 2000).]

brentsg
11-11-2000, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by benares:

Pass the word friends. I hope Flashback chokes on all those copies.

Flashback probably imported their copies early when it was very expensive to obtain. They simply got stuck with them when exporters began to supply mass quantities.

BakuretsuMutekiSid
11-11-2000, 09:31 PM
Hey Bryan, I might just have to remove KoF '99 from my pre-order at NCS and just pick up the DC version courtesy of Agetec!!
You think that's a wise decision?

BryLmoo
11-11-2000, 10:44 PM
Sid,
KoF99 isn't coming out on the DC. It was anounced for the Playstation. and should be out in early December. I am really looking foward to this release because it is made by the KoF team. I think I'll get my copy when it comes out...

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

BakuretsuMutekiSid
11-11-2000, 10:44 PM
How much do you guys think NCS will sell the Metal Slug 1 AES game for?

Fran
11-11-2000, 10:45 PM
fuck them people of ncs

mailed them ages ago
and never received a reply

the exception that proves the rule,
i'm sure

but still.....

brentsg
11-11-2000, 10:56 PM
I figure they will offer it at a fair mark up, unfortunately the big question is how much they will have to pay. Knowing that they would have to sell the new Neo cart systems for $700 to make a few bucks I'm not holding my breath on the MS1. Then again, who knows the source of the carts...

Originally posted by BakuretsuMutekiSid:

endgamer
11-11-2000, 11:56 PM
Just yesterday I read that King of Fighters Evolution I think it was called is coming out for the Dcast sometime in December and it is by a bunch of the programmers that used to work for SNK. Check videogames.com I think it was.

Shawn
11-12-2000, 12:19 AM
I know exactly how you feel Fran. NCS response time is dreadfully slow. I have been emailing them consistently for months, trying to prepurhcase KoF 2000 in bulk. I have called them several times, but they just canít seem to organize a deal larger than one cart. They have yet to provide me with a reply consisting of price and availability. I suppose Iím the other exception to that rule.

I would like to purchase directly from Aruze/SNK. Apparently, Aruze is offering new systems and a large back stock of new home carts. Does anyone have their email or phone #? I realize that they probably only sell to long term distributors and that it may be too late, but itís worth a try.

outsider
11-12-2000, 12:33 AM
That sucks, I've always managed to get very good service from NCS, though I admit never tried to place such a large order.

Shawn, where is the info coming from about Aruze supplying systems/carts? Curious to know because it seems like finding a lost gold mine to me.

Shawn
11-12-2000, 01:00 AM
Dion contacted me through ICQ and told me that Aruze sent him the same fax that NCS received. I asked him for Aruzeís contact email or # and his response was that he is the only U.S. distributor and I will have to buy through him. Since NCS wonít give me the time of day, heís probably right.

JRock917
11-12-2000, 01:03 AM
Damn, that is awsome, and those prices NCS is offering are pretty much unbeatable. Guess its time to be getting some carts for a change instead of cd games; at these prices, it would be crazy not too! I plan to get KOF 2000 from NCS anyway, so I guess toward the end of the year I will be sending them one big fat check. If you guys find out anything about dealing directly with Aruze, please let the rest of us know, thanks.

benares
11-12-2000, 01:05 AM
Shawn: F**K THAT NOISE

I've dealt with NCS many times and they have come through for me and have always been there for me. Email me your phone number / address in private and I will call them up first thing Monday morning. I know that I can get them interested in doing business with you. I will make sure they contact you with all the information you need.

chimpmeister
11-12-2000, 02:11 AM
That kind of treatment doesn't sound like NCS. I'm surprised that they responded that way to Shawn. Every email I have sent them has been responded to almost immediately, and they have ALWAYS reserved the games I requested. TWO Metal Slug 3s, and soon to be TWO KOF 2Ks. And EVERYTHING ELSE I have EVER ordered from them, has been delivered QUICKLY at a GREAT price.

NCS is THE source for Neo stuff, for me. I won't waste my time with anyone else.

Shawn
11-12-2000, 02:26 AM
Donít get me wrong. I have bought from NCS in the past, once, and did not have any trouble from what I recall.

But for the past couple months I have emailed ncs@escape.com about KoF 2000 consistently and they have failed to provide me with any pricing or availability.

email from NCS sent Tue 11/7/00 10:32 AM:
Hi Shawn, thanks for your e-mail. We can accept pre-orders but we are not sure if we will be able to supply 10-20 units at this time but we'll add your request to our reservation schedule and contact you with an update by early December. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
NCS

Fran
11-12-2000, 07:24 AM
so where did it all go wrong?

i'm still waitin

and,not surpisingly

in vain

now
its a bit of a fookin bummer

cos REALLY wanted that spinmaster cart

i suppose they simply cant be arsed
so fair play to them

i swear i just might weep openly now tho

bear with me,yeah?

JRock917
11-12-2000, 10:04 AM
yeah, Chimp is right about the emails, they were quick to respond to me when I preordered KOF 2000, hell, I got the reservation the same day I submitted my pre order, it was on a Sunday at that. But if I remember correctly, I had tried to email them too before I actually went to the NCS website and submitted a pre order there; the email was never responded to, but the inquiry placed from the website was. Maybe that would help speed things up Shawn if you have not done that already.

chimpmeister
11-12-2000, 12:04 PM
Shawn, I don't see any problem with the response you got. NCS has placed you on the reservation list, and if they get enough carts I'm sure you can get that many. The only thing they are NOT doing is GUARANTEEING that you get that many carts . . . which is reasonable and prudent, given the low production numbers of these carts. I wouldn't complain, it sounded to me originally that you were getting NO response from them, when if fact you did.

Shawn
11-12-2000, 01:44 PM
The fact is that I have emailed NCS for months asking for pricing and availability of KoF 2000 and they have avoided sufficiently answering my question. Not once have they provided me with a price, not even an estimated price. I can see that they canít guarantee me any # of carts because they obviously havenít placed their order yet. I want to purchase X amount of games for X amount of dollars, this is the information they wonít provide me with. Iím just frustrated from calling and emailing NCS over and over with zero progress. Two months is a long time to avoid providing an answer. The way I see it, if I buy from NCS, I would attempt to reserve two carts at most and pay whatever price they slap on them. At least Dion can sell me large quantities of KoF 2k with a set price. This may not seem like a problem to you, but to me NCS is no different than buy-rites service. May be Iím just having bad luck with NCS. Did they provide anyone with a solid price??

benares
11-12-2000, 01:51 PM
I haven't gotten a price yet but I think the alluded to about $347.00.

I have never purchased from Dion before and I don't know if the guy is honest. All I know is that he marks carts way up and then sometimes he doesn't even deliver the carts. This is based on the many responses I've heard on here including yours. And you mean to tell me even after you have put Chris in your black book that you are still going to buy from them? You're nuts!

I'll give them a ring on Monday and see what is up. The best bet is to find as many places that are preordering KOF2000 as possible and get your names on their lists. When the game is available, scope eBay to see if anyone disliked the game and scoop them up there.

Again, I have mixed feelings about Dion. At one point I seriously thought about sending him an email for an unreleased cart. But now that their are people like Jeff Kurtz who are better at electronics than they are - who needs the headaches?

nick_th_fury
11-12-2000, 02:58 PM
Did they provide anyone with a solid price??
---------------------------------

Ncs has stated several times that they dont know. None of us have gotten an exact price. Its unfortunate, but so far it seems we are all in the same boat.
-nick_th_fury
http://grador.radix.net/%7Ekws/trey/nickslink.gif (http://nickthfury.cjb.net/)

hupplark_39
11-12-2000, 03:17 PM
Chimp is right about NCS, I've been dealing with them also for a very long time and never had a problem with them. and as far as returning your e-mail they do get swamped from time to time so you have to be cool and wait, they nomally get back to you. and this shit about aruze not dealing with the public, i like to know what the fuck PION promised them a NEO BLOWJOB. he must be real good!!!!!!!!!!! cause he always pulls this off. He's the BIG DEALER yea dealing what?

BakuretsuMutekiSid
11-12-2000, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BryLmoo:
KoF99 isn't coming out on the DC. It was anounced for the Playstation. and should be out in early December.

Benares in his post about KoF 99 has a link to IGN about the dreamcast statside release.

http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

chimpmeister
11-12-2000, 07:06 PM
Shawn, they can't give a price because that information is not settled yet. The last time they mentioned a price, it was around $319 each. But it sounds to me like Aruze has raised the price of this homecart quite a bit . . . used to be all new carts coming out were sold by NCS for $268 + shipping, but apparently not this one. So they're not sure of the price, and can't talk about it. That's reasonable, I think.

Also, as for the quantity, its probably the same situation . . . although they're ordering a lot of them, they're probably not sure HOW MANY they will get. And I believe that NCS has had a large number of preorders for this cart as well.

Also, keep in mind that early on in the process, Aruze was quoting a yen price that equalled something around $380 per cart, which is quite a bit higher than our usual $268 per cart level. If pricing is bad on this, NCS may have to hike their estimated $319 price even.

Shawn
11-12-2000, 07:19 PM
Thank you for answering in NCSís behalf. I had hopes of making an order with a set amount of carts with a set price. Clearly, this is not an option that we are given.

BryLmoo
11-12-2000, 08:18 PM
Sid, sorry for the false information. I had not read the editorial...sue me....:P However I am really happy that the game is coming to the DC because of a better port.

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

VinylBoy
11-13-2000, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by benares:
flashback videogames was scalping Vampire Chronicles for $139.99. Now that NCS has the game out they are STILL scalping but down to $99.99.

There's a store in NYC that has one on display, and is trying to sell it for $100... they also said that you can't get this game cheaper anywhere else.

LUCKY FOR ME... my copy from NCS for only $55 had come in to the office. I pulled the game out (still sealed) with the receipt and said... "EXCUSE ME?"

Grant it... some unlucky sap is eventually going to purchase that game for over $100. But it felt SO GOOD to stick it to some of these "gold diggers" in the gaming industry. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Neo Bomber Man
11-13-2000, 12:51 PM
The original price was 38000 yen, which was something like US $347 by their conversion, and $319 was what they were thinking of offering it for, if possible, by my recollection. And didn't they close pre-orders early due to the number of people who placed orders for the game with them? I believe so.

Neo Bomber Man
11-13-2000, 12:52 PM

Since they're still considering that & MS3, I should think it's rather a lot, else they probably would have bought them up shortly after the offer.