PDA

View Full Version : KoF2000 in english

Gamemaster
11-07-2000, 06:43 PM
Well guess what.... my reseller told me he will get some "overseas KoF2000" well he said that the overseagames are everytime in english. Hmmm so i think i should chancel my not placed order from Dion Dakis *rotfl* and i was really hopeing spending 2000$ for it because true NeoGeo Fans will only buy NGF Software and not those cheap original SNK stuff :P

Master Terry Bogard
11-07-2000, 10:17 PM
Maybe he referred to the game being able to play in English on the option setting? The game manuel and the cart case should be in Japanese.

Gamemaster
11-08-2000, 06:19 AM
No he and i mean the manuel and insert are in english. He has a fax from SNK Japan to choose original or oversea versions.
But we will see end of december whats up with it. If i get an english version i make a scan of it and send an Email to Shawn.

NGPSkinhead
11-08-2000, 08:18 AM
Of couse dion/NGF have a fax in which SNK offers them English versions of KoF2000. Just like all the other NGF only carts. Only a bit strange that SNK forgot to send NGF the manuals and that some inserts look a bit cheap.

Gamemaster
11-08-2000, 11:09 AM
Im not talkin from Dion.....

My distributor here in Germany has a fax from SNK Japan and they can choose japanese or english versions. Jepp im talking about real SNK stuff.

chimpmeister
11-08-2000, 02:32 PM
Well, I'll stick with the Japanese version. There was no Metal Slug 3 English version (official), so why would SNK put out an English KOF 2K cart (manuals and insert)? Dunno, but I kinda doubt it. A lot of extra expense for a small batch of EXPENSIVE cartridges . . .

http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net5/stormzap1.gif

Master Terry Bogard
11-10-2000, 12:49 AM
Wow. Didn't know that they will also be releasing it in Eng. I agree w/ Chimpmeister. As for me, Japanese version of KOF is fine. My Japanese isn't that good, but at least I can read the manuel. Also the price maybe high. I wonder how much the Eng version cost?
I bet Shawn is very inrested in it, though.

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited November 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited November 10, 2000).]

NGPSkinhead
11-10-2000, 05:33 AM
Gamemaster, which store said they get the English versions? I ordered a gfew times games from Germany and I think it will be a bit cheaper for me to buy one there.

Already Thanks

JRock917
11-12-2000, 12:34 AM
Yeah, it doesnt really make sense that there would be an English version of the game, especially since SNK closed their doors in the states and in Europe. I am looking forward to my Jap version though. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

Gamemaster
11-12-2000, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by NGPSkinhead:
Gamemaster, which store said they get the English versions? I ordered a gfew times games from Germany and I think it will be a bit cheaper for me to buy one there.

Already Thanks

I told u already via ICQ http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

Gamemaster
11-14-2000, 12:38 PM
Well my reseller gets today a call from SNK Japan. They told him the overseaverions ( the english ones ) would be to expensive and so they decided to leave the idea.

Master Terry Bogard
11-14-2000, 12:55 PM
That's what I expected. Thanks for the info.

NGPSkinhead
11-16-2000, 05:20 AM
For those who wanted to know the shop who came with the English-version idea, it's MAro GmbH in Germany