PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Design Opinions

metalslug2k
11-07-2000, 10:52 AM
I have the template for my newly moved and renamed site up and running. I would like to get some feedback about the design and functionality before I proceed with moving and adding content. Here is the URL: http://gaijin.roarvgm.com Thanks for taking the time to look!

Dreamh2o
11-07-2000, 01:01 PM
If it would load I would tell you, but since Im on cable modem and it only gets 1/2 way and then dies after 10 minutes... I cant give a real opinion... it should definatly be on a better server http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

nick_th_fury
11-07-2000, 01:48 PM
Server seems just fine to me. Loads very fast. Id say Dreamh2o just needs a decent isp. :)

Its an interesting design. Did you have this up as a website preview before? Id a sworn I had seen something similar. Also, does this mean the DOJO is gone?
It runs just fine in my browser. IE5. The only nit pick I would have is the joysticks & buttons look a little odd. Kinda like they are at a different angle of perspective than the board their on. Other than that it looks real nice.
-nick_th_fury

metalslug2k
11-07-2000, 04:38 PM
It is definitely a second draft. I started with Java creating the cabinet, but it "jumped" when you scrolled. I decided on frames as a more stable alternative and improved the visuals of the cabinet.

SNK Dojo is still running until it is moved over to to Neo-Gaijin. At that point, I will have to decide whether to leave SNK Dojo up as a tribute to the past or to simply replace it with a link to Neo-Gaijin.

As far as the joysticks/buttons go, I agree with you. Thanks to the frame usage, I will be able to touch that up once the content is moved over.

Thank you for your in put. I appreciate it.

NeoSneth
11-07-2000, 05:43 PM
It is a sweet layout, but it looks a little awkward on the resolution i am running. It's less than half of my screen .

JRock917
11-07-2000, 06:50 PM
Thats a pretty phat site. I will be spending some more time on it checking out all the nooks and crannies.

Cros
11-07-2000, 09:09 PM
Not to bad. Definitely one of the more creative layouts I've seen. I've been to websites that are painful and boring to look at.

Jackal
11-08-2000, 07:47 PM
Nice layout there. I like it.

Caris Nautilus
11-21-2000, 07:44 PM
pretty ok

Caris Nautilus
11-22-2000, 05:58 PM
hey I just noticed that none of the sections come up, Like the hyper section ect.

Are you not done or is the site just down?

Caris Nautilus
11-22-2000, 06:16 PM
P.S. i really like the design as well. You should try to center it more and give mabye a little more room in the center, So you can read more without scrolling.

It just seems kinda cramped

LWK
01-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Geeeeeeeezus, how many people have been unregistered here?