Web Site Design Opinions

M

metalslug2k

I have the template for my newly moved and renamed site up and running. I would like to get some feedback about the design and functionality before I proceed with moving and adding content. Here is the URL: http://gaijin.roarvgm.com Thanks for taking the time to look!

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
If it would load I would tell you, but since Im on cable modem and it only gets 1/2 way and then dies after 10 minutes... I cant give a real opinion... it should definatly be on a better server
smile.gif

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Server seems just fine to me. Loads very fast. Id say Dreamh2o just needs a decent isp. :)

Its an interesting design. Did you have this up as a website preview before? Id a sworn I had seen something similar. Also, does this mean the DOJO is gone?
It runs just fine in my browser. IE5. The only nit pick I would have is the joysticks & buttons look a little odd. Kinda like they are at a different angle of perspective than the board their on. Other than that it looks real nice.
-nick_th_fury

M

metalslug2k

It is definitely a second draft. I started with Java creating the cabinet, but it "jumped" when you scrolled. I decided on frames as a more stable alternative and improved the visuals of the cabinet.

SNK Dojo is still running until it is moved over to to Neo-Gaijin. At that point, I will have to decide whether to leave SNK Dojo up as a tribute to the past or to simply replace it with a link to Neo-Gaijin.

As far as the joysticks/buttons go, I agree with you. Thanks to the frame usage, I will be able to touch that up once the content is moved over.

Thank you for your in put. I appreciate it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It is a sweet layout, but it looks a little awkward on the resolution i am running. It's less than half of my screen .

JRock917

, ,
Thats a pretty phat site. I will be spending some more time on it checking out all the nooks and crannies.

Cros

n00b
Not to bad. Definitely one of the more creative layouts I've seen. I've been to websites that are painful and boring to look at.

C

Caris Nautilus

hey I just noticed that none of the sections come up, Like the hyper section ect.

Are you not done or is the site just down?

C

Caris Nautilus

P.S. i really like the design as well. You should try to center it more and give mabye a little more room in the center, So you can read more without scrolling.

It just seems kinda cramped

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Geeeeeeeezus, how many people have been unregistered here?