Future events for Neo News

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
First I would like to thank the individuals who subscribed to Neo News or have
purchased single issues. It's people like you that keep the Neo community going. My
reason for posting this message is to announce our future plans for Neo News. While
some of these plans are still far in the future, I still wanted to share my ambitions with
everyone here.

One of my first goals is to host a Neo trade show / convention of some kind. This is where
vendors, Neo developers, gamers like ourselves, and collectors can gather to sell product,
chat, play Neo games, communicate, and have a grand ol' time. Neo News would be
hosting this event, and there will be contests to win prizes (i.e. who is the best KOF player, etc.) and much more. This is one of my many dreams, and I'm working diligently
on it to bring it to fruition. There is no set date for this event yet, but time will reveal everything. I hope everyone agrees with my idea!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
We'd encourage it! We'd also encourage gamers to show off their collections, gaming
skills, and other SNK paraphernalia. What we need to know is, would everyone here
attend such a show? =)

benares

Kula's Candy
Well it depends on where/when. I'm fresh out of vacation days until January 1st... If it were on a Saturday I could may be fly out there on Saturday and return on Sunday or something like that. Don't know...

Next year I'd like to take a vacation to Canada so if it's in Canada that would be major cool! :-)

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well it depends when and where. I am tied up till around march. I have already discussed with Bonuskun about piggy backing a Neo convention at the next Akon showing in Dallas. The One I went to in May was at the Hilton in the DF/W airport. it was accessable by the airport trams. But as I said it depends when and where you would like to have it. Everything is still up in the air as of now for me.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
We haven't settled on a date just yet. =) We'd like to have the show during the summer next year (if possible), and this event will need some serious planning. We could have a buffet, etc. =) Neo burgers for everyone!

benares

Kula's Candy
Yes! Next Summer would be GREAT!!!

I hope Shawn, Jeff Kurtz and Co can come as I would really like to have the opportunity to meet them!

Yeah.. KOF tournaments and Neo-Burgers.. A winning combination IMO

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by benares:
Yes! Next Summer would be GREAT!!!

I hope Shawn, Jeff Kurtz and Co can come as I would really like to have the opportunity to meet them!

Yeah.. KOF tournaments and Neo-Burgers.. A winning combination IMO

We hope to see everyone! I'd like to have my staff members with me as well -- we could host the show. :D

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Next year I'd like to take a vacation to Canada so if it's in Canada that would be major cool! :-)

I certainly second that notion! All head north, and bring your Neo stuff with you! If it happens, and close enough, say the north-eastern US, I may be able to put in an appearance.

JRock917

, ,
Something on the east coast or as close to it as possible would be great. Since we are talking new england, that should not be a problem- where in new england are we talking about though?