NGF now one with NeoGeo/SNK

NGF

NEST Puppet
If NGF was not promoting the Neo and keeping everything alive and interesting, what would happen to the Neo? We say it would die within 1 year.

Look at how many posts are "NGF" related.
Go ahead, be honest with yourselves and admit the truth.

The truth is, NGF is NeoGeo.

NGF turned a dying system into a hard-core collectors machine.
NGF keeps the Neo alive.
NGF keeps everyone motivated.

That was our main objective and we consider ourselves and our mission a success. We have actually surpased all of our expectations with what we have accomplished and how far the NGF name has gotten. The NGF name is now one with the NeoGeo/SNK name.

Like said before, if NGF abandones the NeoGeo, the Neo market will crash and die.

Just remember that. Especially those of you who have larger collections.

NGF members are true Neo Freaks and we would hate to see the hype around this system die. But be aware of what steps everyone here is doing. You're basically biting the hand that is keeping your system alive.

NGF is NeoGeo.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

NGF

NEST Puppet
And if anyone doubts how much presence NGF has around the Neo world, go and look around. Look at how many posts are NGF related.

Every club, every post, many private emails, and personal telephone calls amongst yourselves deals with NGF on a daily basis.
Admit it. (if you can)

Or ask yourself this question: "Does your girlfriend, wife, or friend know the name Dion, Chris, Jorge, or NGF?"

We know they do. (atleast we know that they know the name "Dion."
smile.gif
)

That is marketing at it's BEST.

THAT is why NGF is here and will ALWAYS be here for all the true Neo fans.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
blah blah blah blah NGF blah blah blah blah Neo Geo blah blah blah NGF blah blah blah blah NGF blah NGF blah losers blah blah big tymers blah blah blah . . . etc., just keep plugging the words in . . .
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

HPMAN

UI resident
BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!
smile.gif

Come on... soldering some roms isn't difficult.

I will be impressed when NGF will make, let's say, a CD version of MOTW or any unreleased CD games...
smile.gif

This said, I still won't buy these W4r3Z games. Yes, NGF is PIRACY, nothing else !

JRock917

, ,
NGF makes a good point, Dion is a well known name, just look at the posts in the war room-that is what we know about that name and what we think about it. You guys kindof remind me of Robin Hood, except that he was actually a GOOD thief!

JRock917

, ,
... and this crap about NGF being one with SNK- now that would be one bastard child!!! You, NGF, is not the reason why there are usually over 500 neo geo items for sale on ebay at any given time. Its because there are true fans out there that keep this system alive, and they are much smarter than you think and are not dependent upon NGF scam carts to enjoy their neo geo playing experience.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Originally posted by NGF:
And if anyone doubts how much presence NGF has around the Neo world, go and look around. Look at how many posts are NGF related.

Every club, every post, many private emails, and personal telephone calls amongst yourselves deals with NGF on a daily basis.
Admit it. (if you can)

Or ask yourself this question: "Does your girlfriend, wife, or friend know the name Dion, Chris, Jorge, or NGF?"

We know they do. (atleast we know that they know the name "Dion."
smile.gif
)

That is marketing at it's BEST.

THAT is why NGF is here and will ALWAYS be here for all the true Neo fans.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

The wife, girlfriend, friend ect whatever knoes hitler, manson ect ect when sick people are involved.

But NGF is known for the most 2 faced unhonest shit in gaming earth cuz of 2 butt buddy fags.

Neo-jorge

Geese's Thug
20 Year Member
Its because there are true fans out there that keep this system alive, and they are much smarter than you think and are not dependent upon NGF scam carts to enjoy their neo geo playing experience.

So many True Fans huh.....
That's Funny so many so called Fans that SNK decided To Stop production of thier Stuff and cease pocket Sales. So many FANS that It took You FANS Running FAST to the Store To gobble Up what little Pocket Stuff you Could get your grubby little hands on, When you Found out SNK was going. Where were all the TRUE FANS when SNK needed Them the most?
Where were all the FANS that left SNK with thier unsold Stock Of Games in the SNK Vaults. True Fans Indeed.......

Neo-jorge
www.neogeofreak.com

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't usually chime in on these posts, but in this case I had to.
Point 1: "Look at how many posts are "NGF" related. Go ahead, be honest with yourselves and admit the truth."
You are 100% correct. A good percetage of the posts on Neo boards are NGF related, but these posts wear thin very quickly. It is NGF spam vs. NGF haters. This has been going on for a long while now and doesn't help the Neo or its parent company one bit.
Point 2: "NGF turned a dying system into a hard-core collectors machine."
False, the game production crew turned the Neo into the collector's machine it has become. Many of us are in it for the great games we played in the arcade not for whatever clout a 10 year old game system can bring us or the politics that pretends to surround it.
Point 3: "NGF keeps everyone motivated."
Yes, many are motivated due to NGF, unfortunately it is only to argue and bicker.
4: "The NGF name is now one with the NeoGeo/SNK name."
And always was in Japan, with the magazine, but not with you.
5: "Like said before, if NGF abandones the NeoGeo, the Neo market will crash and die."
It will do that soon anyway. This is a 10 year old system that is only taken seriously by old school gamers who are getting older and running across bigger motivating forces in life than "gotta have Sam Sho". Hate to sound pessimistic, but it is true. The system is a marvel for its time, but the sun is setting... quickly. I think a lot of people stateside are more impressed with SF3 and Guilty Gear X than anything that will be produced for the Neo, damn shame, but true.
6: "Just remember that. Especially those of you who have larger collections."
Those who have larger collections and were only in it for the perceived prestige will be the first ones to dump their carts on Ebay when something else catches their fancy. The true gamers who love what the games represent are the ones who will stick by the system and rarely sell any game they love and have only one copy of so price doesn't matter much to them, unless another abnormal cart like Metal Slug comes around.
7:"NGF members are true Neo Freaks and we would hate to see the hype around this system die."
I have no doubt the later part of this is true. You are making money from the system and its games. This doesn't make you true fans of the system, just what it can do for you.
8: "But be aware of what steps everyone here is doing. You're basically biting the hand that is keeping your system alive."
I cannot comment personally on your business transactions, but it sounds to me like you guys are biting yourselves in the ass by alienating half your customer base. Any steps taken to prevent fruad should be applauded, and damn I wish SNK would actually comment and take action on this. I, for one, have NO problem with people buying converted carts, even if it does cost 5 billion dollars more. It doesn't matter to me. What does matter is when the cart is being falsely advertised to be an official SNK product or when the advertising is designed to fool newcommers to the Neo so that they believe it is official.
9: "Every club, every post, many private emails, and personal telephone calls amongst yourselves deals with NGF on a daily basis.
Admit it. (if you can)"
This is no doubt true, but it doesn't have the same ring to it when you consider how few of them are positive towards NGF.
10: "Or ask yourself this question: "Does your girlfriend, wife, or friend know the name Dion, Chris, Jorge, or NGF?" We know they do. (atleast we know that they know the name "Dion." That is marketing at it's BEST."
Maybe many of them do, but again it isn't such a positive note when the reason they hear the name is when the person ridicules that name or curses it for fruad.
I know this is a lofty dream, but can we all just stop talking about NGF once and for all. If all that is going to happen is the beginning of long threads of "you suck..." or the likes can we just stop responding to anything posted by them. I understand completely the Neo community wanting to hear about what happened to people who were ripped off and maybe gang together to file charges or whatever, but does this really have to be a primary focal point of conversation? After all, haven't all the members on this board been informed, to some extent, of NGF's reputation? If we get new members who ask can we not just tell them to refer to previous posts and let it die? Please?

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Here is a responce to your last comment on the fan base around the system.
"So many True Fans huh.....
That's Funny so many so called Fans that SNK decided To Stop production of thier Stuff and cease pocket Sales. So many FANS that It took You FANS Running FAST to the Store To gobble Up what little Pocket Stuff you Could get your grubby little hands on, When you Found out SNK was going. Where were all the TRUE FANS when SNK needed Them the most?
Where were all the FANS that left SNK with thier unsold Stock Of Games in the SNK Vaults. True Fans Indeed......."
A fan of the games in general doesn't have to buy every single game that is produced. I am a heavy Capcom fan and yet I don't own every copy of SF2, JoJo's Venture.... Some games are inferior to others, even when produced by a good development team. Most people don't buy inferior games hence the reason SNK was left with stock. Another point factors in here as well, if I am not willing to pay $50 for a decent game why would I pay $250 for a good game? I only pay for the games I think I will love. This excluded MS2, MSX, and unfortunately MS3. The only one I wish I hadn't passed on is 3. This doesn't make me less a fan of the system, it makes me less a fan of platformers than fighters. As for the Neo Pocket, if every single Neo lover in the states had picked up a pocket and a copy of every game they still would have folded and you know it. The user base for the home cart system in the US is too small. They needed new gamers to pick up the pocket and thanks to poor advertising campaigns and an already popular Gameboy they couldn't get the support. People bought it when it was low priced before being pulled off the shelves for the same reason they pick up old "collector's" PSX games. They are cheap and something to do when you are bored with their current games.

Neo-jorge

Geese's Thug
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Asmoday:
Here is a responce to your last comment on the fan base around the system.
"So many True Fans huh.....
Where were all the FANS that left SNK with thier unsold Stock Of Games in the SNK Vaults. True Fans Indeed......."
A fan of the games in general doesn't have to buy every single game that is produced. I am a heavy Capcom fan and yet I don't own every copy of SF2, JoJo's Venture.... Some games are inferior to others, even when produced by a good development team. Most people don't buy inferior games hence the reason SNK was left with stock. Another point factors in here as well, if I am not willing to pay $50 for a decent game why would I pay $250 for a good game? I only pay for the games I think I will love.

I heard this point before and you know what it's this kind of thinking that makes and breaks things... Multiply your thinking and that of 100 other FANS with every release that SNK ever put out? " ok im not gonna get this game cause it's "INFERIOR" .... Why continue to make New games if no one will buy them?
It did not happen to SNK with only one game. TRUTH is this happened with even the BEST Quality games SNK Had to offer. So called TRUE FANS(yeah Ok ) But then again These so called FANS are the 1st to jump on and get those very same "INFERIOR" games if they ran across them in some bargin bin huh.. CONCERNING The pocket who knows what could have been. TRUTH Is There was no support or show of interest Unlike JAPAN where FANS really do stand behind thier favorite companys. Hence the Pocket still lives...

Neo-jorge
www.neogeofreak.com

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I agree with you asmoday.

The wheeling and dealings of NGFUSA affect me 0% in my neo buying decesions. And I could also care less if my neo carts drop in value, that's not why I bought them. I do think the name calling gets out of hand and we would all be better off if it was not around.

I choose to support venture like Neo News, !arcade!, Jeff Kurtz, Nick th fury, ebay sellers and even Shawn on somethings
smile.gif
and that is where I spend my money. Becuase it is People like that which will keep the neo going into the future and Benefit the Neo community. That is just my 2 cents on subject and how I will Survive without NGFUSA
wink.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Now come on the pocket is far from thriving in japan. I think it may...may have about 5% of the handheld market there last I checked. I would not be surprised if the pocket dies out in japan within 1 year time also. Snk japan is even selling thier stuff from the website directly...why..because not enough retailers are selling the games in japan. And yet they do not let you order if you live out of the country. NO the fans are not responsible for the death of the Neo pocket. It was just not enough for the already dominated Gameboy market to penetrate. IF every neo geo home system owner bought one (and I am sure a bunch did) it would still not have been enough and they would have stilled closed shop. Same thing happen when the Lynx came out.

And even so the Color system was only out here what..maybe 8 months at the most. far from giving the system a chance in the market. Sure everyone rushed to buy games..because SNK was going to take them all back and do who knows what to them...Did you expect the target audience (kids to teenagers) to purchase 2 carts a month. Most kids with gameboys do not buy that many games...sheesh.

Robi15

20 Year Member
NGF post's the topics them selves.
And we reply. After that they say: "Look how many are talking about us NGF" Geez, they are so stupid.

They rape the Neo Geo and everything in it. That's the only thing they have. The poor Neo Geo. The so called "Bigtimers" are loosers if they buy converted carts and belive them to be officials.

corkysm67.gif

Robi15
NGF- a sad story.

Robi15

20 Year Member
And converted carts are available much cheeper from other soursers. Like Jeff.
You get the artwork and everything. So the thing that NGF started,(convert carts and put sticker and insert to it) are now overtaken by other people who are much more realible and serious than the old NGF.

corkysm50.gif

Robi15

NGF- a sad story

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Let this be known... despite the sporadic support SNK has given the Neo Geo over the last few years, they have ultimately been the true reason why the system continues to thrive. It has nothing to do with the fact that this so-called company is providing unreleased games to a whopping 40 imaginay people, while people who can be accounted for all said that you screwed them.

Why do I state this? Simply put, because the games have to come from somewhere. Without SNK (or any third party groups) making games, there would be none to try and convert. Without games to convert a company like NGF would cease to exist. They can't live on "providing" games from the past forever... even the supposed legacy of unreleased Neo titles start to lose some steam after a couple of years.

On the mailing list, people are talking about letting the system die and have SNK focus on doing system ports. As much as I would not want to see one of my systems "die", sometimes I do feel that it is for the better. Because of a handful of people, they system has managed to become (more or less) a quick way to steal the money out of people's pockets due to overhype, and constant egotistical postings. And although they think it's a good thing, it does nothing more than prevent the next person from wanting to jump along the bandwagon.

Maybe porting is the way to go... that way, a company that claims to convert carts won't have any new games to use in their stable. And as for any system, no new games translates to no new business... hopefully killing off any "strains of the virus" SNK has managed to produce.

Robi15

20 Year Member
I partly agree. But if there would not be new games from lets say SNK or Aruze the world would be boring! We love the Neo games. And we allways want more.
The conversions will also exist as long as there is market for it. Games like Metal Slug are hard to be found. And they are expensive, so conversion is a cheeper option. But for a long time the onlyones who made conversions where NGF. And they suck on it. Only thing they did good is the artwork. The cake just seemd too delecious.
19.gif

Now the times have changed. We have other sourses who make the conversions if wanted. With "normal" prices and with better quality.

Robi15

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited October 24, 2000).]

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
VinylBoy: Porting isn't a bad idea. After all we know that the current systems have the potential to handle Neo games. Look at SF3 on the DC and you can tell that MotW would work. I have also heard, not seen for myself, that KoF 99 Evo was well done. The only problem with ports is that SNK never seemed to put everything into them that they did into Neo stuff. They tended to skip a lot of frames, play too stiff, or have obnoxious load times. If, however, SNK sticks to one staple system instead of porting for a while I believe we could see wonderful new games. Imagine a Sam Sho that looks like Guilty Gear X on the Naomi board which would lead to DC. I would have liked to see the Sega/SNK thing continue as the DC has already proven its 2D greatness with minimal load times. I don't know yet about Sony's new toy. I haven't seen its 2D capabilities, but everything surrounding Sony for the past year has me irritated with them. I really wish Tekken Tag would have come out for DC so I didn't have to buy the PS2 to play it.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
"I heard this point before and you know what it's this kind of thinking that makes and breaks things... Multiply your thinking and that of 100 other FANS with every release that SNK ever put out? " ok im not gonna get this game cause it's "INFERIOR" .... Why continue to make New games if no one will buy them?"

Simply put, this is a capitalistic country (since we are talking US market), and the rule of thumb in capitalism is that you invest in what you think will sell. If you are wrong you eat a loss and when you are right you make plenty of dough. But it is not enough to make what people want, you also have to make it at a price which people are willing to pay. SNK is screwed if they do a heavy release of a game people don't respond well to. For the most part it isn't the quality of the game that hurts them, it is the quality to cost ratio. If I have to choose MSX for $250 or 5 other good fighters by Capcom I choose Capcom as do many others. If I could afford both I would buy both, but I don't have that kind of cash to throw around, as many of us don't. Does this neccisarily mean that I choose 5 other titles over every Neo product? No, I chose LB2, MotW, KoF 99, KoF 2000 and others to be in my collection. The argument you make is that if you are a fan you should buy EVERY game. Well, their are multiple kinds of fans. Their are fans of series, there are fans of genres, and there are fans of companies. A fan of a series will buy, say KoF and little else. Fans of genres may buy all fighters (this is pretty much where I fall). Fans of companies are few and far between. Every company produces a steaming turd every now and then and these guys will buy that too with no questions asked. To be this kind of fan you are one of three things; 1. You are rich so you don't care if you spend money for nothing, 2. You sacrifice the ability to get good items that you will enjoy to pick up the cream of the crap produced by your favorite company, or 3. You are so damned jaded towards said company that you cannot EVER be talked into believing the company could ever do anything wrong no matter how logical the argument is against you. This is usually only devotion if you fall into category number 2 or 3, as if you are rich you aren't giving up anything to pick up the poor quality games that cost 5 times more. Furthermore, most who are rich and do this would stop if they went to the bank and saw their account had dwindled down considerably.

"It did not happen to SNK with only one game. TRUTH is this happened with even the BEST Quality games SNK Had to offer."

I don't consider Neo Pocket games to be the best quality SNK had to offer. Compare them to a console and they are shit. Best quality hand helds sure, but that isn't saying much. The only game SNK had stock of that I know of that should have sold in the initial release was Last Blade. I don't know why they had extras of that. Maybe they produced too many. The others I recall are KoF 97, MSX, ST2, and maybe one more. Each of those three had trouble in the market for either not living up to the potential of the series or, in MSX's case, being a carbon copy of the previous title.

" So called TRUE FANS(yeah Ok ) But then again These so called FANS are the 1st to jump on and get those very same "INFERIOR" games if they ran across them in some bargin bin huh.. CONCERNING The pocket who knows what could have been."

What has been said above applies here too. Many are a fan of SNK's individual games, not the company in general. I could have bought a Neo Pocket and a copy of every game, but I would be throwing money away. I hate hand held systems. Why play that when you have a real console in the living room? As for those that rushed out to buy them up when they were on sale and being pulled, it goes back to that cost to quality ratio again. Example: Let's say I make $100 a week. I don't buy product X for $100 on week 1, but if it is sold at $20 on week 5 why not. I have a new product and it only interferes 20% with my other purchases instead of 100%. You are right, people didn't overnight decide they had to have the pocket because suddenly its quality rose 10 fold, they bought it because the cost/quality ratio did so.

JRock917

, ,
You can offer a killer entertainment product, but you have to do it at a cost that can be beared by the average joe if you expect to keep sales up. Neo Geo was/is just too damn expensive for most people here, and it could not stand alone on carts, especialy when the cd systems came to market- so we got the Neo Geo cd, a good system, but it did not have the marketing power or name brand releases on it like the PSX. And of course, the neo pocket, released at a time when the craze for pokemon and Game Boy Color is at an all time high. See a trend? Yeah, the Japanese are much more harcore than most Americans, and have much more devotion to their favorite products than most people over here do. What the average Wal-Mart customer looks think is "ooh, it looks so real" or "its got Pokemon on it, so my kids will probably like it". The Japanese have gaming much more imbedded in their culture than we do, and things that cant survive here can last years over there (Saturn anyone??). What we have left here in the America are hardcore sites like this one, a community of true enthusiates for a system which mainstream America has forgotten. It sucks, but so does reality often enough. NGF has not done jack shit for this community but destroy many of its once great relationships, and if they ever tried to rebuild those relationships then maybe things would change, but that is not very likely. We who buy, sell, trade, play, and enjoy the neo together keep this bad boy alive.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Couldnt be more WRONG... Iv been into Neo Geo for over 7 years, and have bought 3 systems and stayed VERY interested, and not once heard of NGF befor August 15th 2000. Go stroke it, and then you can be honest with yourself and others. Its hard to think with a big head.

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Let me tell you what NGF and deon did for me. and the neo geo world...er what ever... Yeah, Dion tells me that the modified system that he is sending me is in pretty good shape.... Ok.. One thing that is good, Dion gave me to old style joysticks with this buy.. Now the problems with NGF's Neo Geo service... Dion sighns the bottom of my Neo Geo! (shish..) Then with my AES system he left (or kept) three of the screws that hold the damn thing together... CAN YOU BELIVE THAT!!!! Then the joystick cords were brocken and ripped.. even the cord was falling out of the part that sicks in to the neo..... And he charged 500 smakers.. I was a neo newbe at the time.. Now I know, it was normal for Dion. I guess you have to be a big timer to get any real service, Or should I say you have to be big dumb ass to get service there... hehe NGF Sucks, never again will I buy from them....
Laters fellas...

Mike

Bead Banger
Wait just a sec.

Dion signed the bottom of your neo geo? As in he took a pen and scribbled his stupid name on the bottom of it?

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

JESUS!! NOW I HAVE HEARD IT ALL!! ANYONE THAT STICKS UP FOR THESE FKS,NEEDS TO BE SHOT!! FUCK ALL YOU LAMES WHO ARE DOWN WITH NGF ...