Have you been contacted by NCSX for KOF 2000?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hi. I read it in a news column on ncsx last week(?) that they are going to e-mail back within two week to those who had their orders already confirmed. I know NCSX is very friendly and proffesional. And, it hasn't been 2 week. but, I was wondering if anyone heard back from them. They confirmed my order about 1-2 month ago...

JRock917

, ,
I only got an email regarding being on the preorder list, that is all. Still awaiting any finalization of my order, although I do remember them saying in their initial response to me they would start finalizing orders about two weeks prior to launch. Hope that helps.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Yeah I think it was 2 weeks before the preorder date to get info for buying the cart so around dec 7th I guess but you can always email them if you are worried if you are on the list.

benares

Kula's Candy
We'll I haven't heard anything. Infact, on the day they were supposed to say something is the only day of the week they didn't release any news.

Haven't been thrilled with them. They are still better than Buyrite (but then who isn't?) I had to contact them because they still have'nt released info on Vampire Chronicles yet (they said it was going to be shipped now going on 3 weeks ago.)

Tonight I come home and they sent me my Money Idol Exchanger carts. Uh, wrong. I ordered 3 of these and only 1 made it. I sent them an e-mail and will follow up with a phone call on money to see WTF is up.

At that time I will also ask about KOF2000.

G

gokusama26

I would not be worried one bit. NCS has been one of the best importers I have bought from. Ever. The most recent item I bought from them, the CvsS poster, was cheap, and it got here two days before the projected arrival date. If you e-mail them they will more than likley respond within hours. They value their customers quite a bit, unlike some other companies. A quick phone call will put you in touch with, get this, A PERSON! I know it sounds too strange to be true in this day and age of voice mail, call forwarding, and phone operators who could care less. They take care of their customers because they know customers talk, and one dissatisfied customer can lead to many more passing over shopping with them based on word of mouth alone. Sorry to sound like a commercial for NCS, but they treated me like I was the most important customer they ever had, even when I just buy little stuff.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Agreed 100%, NCS is by far THE best internet-based gamestore I have EVER dealt with, period. Every sale they have ever done with me was fast and efficient; one item (a Saturn Action Replay cartridge) didn't work, and they credited my card immediately. They never forget preorders, always ship items quickly, and always charge a fair price.

The KOF 2K carts will be confirmed two weeks PRIOR TO RELEASE DATE, which would make it around the first week of December. You can call them on the phone, Susan always answers and she can confirm your preorder.

This store is 100% reliable in my opinion, and everyone here should patronize them as much as possible.

Oh, and btw if anyone is into the Saturn (as I am bigtime), they have Blue Skeleton Saturns, brand new in box with ST-key included, for only $125. Really nice units, and they have the rev 5.0 motherboard.

The Saturn is a 2D horizontal/vertical shooter POWERHOUSE. Many of the shooters that were ported over to it are ARCADE PERFECT and play BEAUTIFULLY. Just an FYI.
smile.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks for the info guys. BTW, I have a moded V-Saturn. I am/was in to it a big time, but I am going sell alot of them in ebay-just going to keep the best games like Panzer Dragoon Sega, and Shining Force 3 etc
smile.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Oh, I got the info mixed up. It's only 2 weeks before the game is released.

BTW, www.playthegames.com have the blue keleton"Derby"units for cheaper, I think (it does come w/ 2 games). Also, they have KOF 2000 for $309.00! Cheaper than ncsx. I ordered modded V-saturn from them last year-before they were bought by play the games. So I don't know how their service is. It should be the same though. It took like 2 month and alot of e-mails to get the system. However, they did get me a great deal. I originally ordered the white saturn (thought that it will look cool w/ the Dreamcast), but they offered me the V-saturn (which is abit more expensive), for the price I paid for the white saturn. I just ordered a copy of KOF 99 Evolution from them (at $44, it's cheaper than all of the places I looked up), so if anyone want to check how their service is, I can offer some news on that. I am sticking w/ ncsx on KOF 2000. I live in MD, and I have to pay sale tax-which means it will cost more for me if I dealt w/ the playthe games.com. Plus, ncsx.com is cool anyways.

JRock917

, ,
I recently got a saturn so I could play some of those vintage games (like shining force), and I am still trying to find some good deals on games for the system; I have one of those carts which allows imports to be played too, so I am trying to find the best of the best for the system. What is the best place to look, I know there are alot of import and retro shops out there but I am not sure which one carries the best selection of games for the system. What SNK games or other 2D marvels really stand out on the Saturn anyway?

benares

Kula's Candy
My bad. October 17th was the day they were supposed to let us know what the game is going to cost. I will still check to make sure I am on the list.

Granted, it should be pretty set in stone. I have a feeling this game is going to be more like $400 a piece. Not sure...

I

Iori

I just got an email saying that I'm on their list. but they still haven't given us a price on ncsx.com. Does anyone know if $320 is set in stone?

JRock917

, ,
SNK's retail pricing for King of Fighters 2000 sits at a hefty 38,000 yen or roughly USD347 at this morning's forex ratio. NCS expects our own pricing to be listed at USD319 or lower when the cartridge is released in December but this will be finalized in about 2 weeks. There will only be one production of this game.

Thats what NCS says about it on their site. I think they will price it as reasonable as they can, but I plan to allow at least 350 bucks to cover shipping and the like. I imagine that means buyrite will charge about five or six hundred for the game, taking into account how they usually mark up new releases...

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
JapanVideogames said KOF 2000 (home cart version) will not be available until December.

JRock917

, ,
Yeah, thats right, its supposed to ship December 21st. Wow, I did not realize Japan Video Games was still in the business of selling new neo carts; they are a good outfit from what I can remember, although its been a long time since I dealt with them last.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah they are in business. I deal w/ them like two yers ago. They are extremly fast on shipping-I got mine on number of days. Though, I don't think they were that friendly, as I recall.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
NCSX said theyd email you 2 weeks before the release of the game. I wouldnt worry theyll get to you prob the beginning of Dec.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yesterday, I ordered Vampire Chronicles from ncsx as well, but no response to confirmation or such. They said in the ordering that you should recieve an e-mail in couple of hours-if not give them a e-mail. Sent an e-mail. I will probably call them on Monday too.

JRock917

, ,
Following up on any order is always a good idea if you are expecting an update and dont receive one. Ukyo, so you got your confirmation huh? So what do they want for the game then? $1200 like NGF? Well, if its buyrite, its probably higher...seriously, how much are they charging? I think as long as you know what you are getting and about how much it should cost, you MIGHT be somewhat safe in getting it from them, but if you have any questions about your order email them, dont call them; well, then again, maybe you dont get the resident assholes that work there when you try to call. But, this is buyrite we are talking about, so take your chances if you want to, I am sticking with NCS on this one. Hope all goes well for you.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Buyrite is charging $399.99 for KOF 2000 and I payed the same for Metal Slug 3 from them and didn't have any problem...I know its nice to talk to a friendly gamer on the other line...but come on guys...every company has a couple of assholes...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yes, I am...I have already pre-ordered and got conformation...How about you Terry?

JRock917

, ,
$399!!! Geesh! Thats almost least a hundred dollars more than NCS is figuring the price will be; but then again, that is not a firm price, so it might be about the same. I give buyrite one good thing- they are handling this stuff early, which is kinda nicer than having to wait until early December to finalize anything.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hey Ukyo, I preordered mine at ncsx. And JRock, I highly doubt that ncsx's price will be like w/ buyrite regarding KOF 2000.