the good, the bad, and the scammy

JRock917

, ,
I was wondering if some of you guys could relate some information on who you have dealt with in terms of buying neo geo games and systems, and whether you had positive or negative experiences. I for one can say I have had extremely good buying experiences with Shawn, he does an excellent job. Also of honorable mention is chimpmeister, who I was also impressed with. 16-bit, otherwise known as Carlson Stevens, is another; so is Indonesian, an ebay seller with very high scruples. These few I have listed are all very professional, honest people IMO and are folks I would do business with again in a heartbeat. I am currently waiting for my game to arrive from an auction I won from ebay seller JuanR3, and I am expecting it to also work out fine. Well, there are some of the good people I felt deserved special mention. If anyone has any particuliar feedback on this subject of good and bad sellers, please post, thanks.

I

Iori

Ken!!! is a great seller on eBay. I just got WH2J from him today.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Good sellers:

jmkurtz@macola.com (Jeff Kurtz), one of the best for mods and conversions.
aslan11 for MVS carts, great seller great prices (ebay).
ju707@aol.com, excellent (ebay).
16-bit, Carlson, excellent (ebay).
shawn@neo-geo.com, excellent.
geiamusements@sprint.ca (ebay).
bbu9715965@aol.com (ebay)
vgc (ebay).
jeffwager (ebay).

Funny thing is, I have NEVER been ripped off ONCE by an eBay seller. The philosophy of the community policing itself really works, especially when the members (i.e. US) take ACTION. Like we did with those fake KOF2K auctions . . .
smile.gif

Obviously NCS is a fantastic store and I must mention them here. They deserve MUCHO business from ALL OF US. I just got an order from them today, Gekirindan and Afterburner II for Saturn, plus a PSX Game Enhancer II.

And as for ngfusa and dkd4, well you can probably guess where they fall in the scheme of things . . . nuff said.
wink.gif

JRock917

, ,
yeah, I plan to get KOF 2000 from NCS the day it comes out. It is indeed good to have some sort of policing action, some sort of watchdog group which tries to shut down the dkd4's of the world, if for no other reason than they treat many honest people with good intentions like total idiots. That really frosts my cookies.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah. These are several sellers thatI have dealt on ebay (mostly mvs stuff), this past month. I can vouch for (excellent-great-good rating scale):

aslan: great
jsjo7@aol.com (you get the complete package w/ MVS stuff incl the box: excellent!
16-bit:excellent
bbu9715965: great
geiaamusements@sprint.ca: good

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Sellers I've always had excellent dealings with:

Supersellers
Jyosui
bbu9715965@aol.com (ebay seller, name Bill Burger)
16-bit (ebay)
NCS - ONLY place for new releases
Chimpmeister - thanks man!
ju707@aol.com (ebay)
CDurant - just got a KOF99 from him

Never dealt with Shawn but I'm sure he's 100% fair.

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com