I LOVE YOU VINALBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
I played KOF 2000 for the first time today thanks to VinalBoy who told me the location of a machine in Boston...It is absolutely amazing!Its such a polished game...everything seems very balanced and the graphical presentation is INSANE! I spent $23 dollars in the arcade today...OH MAN!

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I really haven't played it...are the Animations good???

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Gee thanks, Ukyo . . . you just caused me to spend $650 more on Neo carts . . .
rolleyes.gif

Ukyo

20 Year Member
yeah every things sick!!!Vanessa's animation is so awesome i think that she is my favorite character. Did you know that they took MAI'S BOUNCE away? Whats the point of taking it way in the final chapter? It doesnt really matter...but somethings just missing...Pre-Order now guys!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
The Another striker costumes are awesome...like Iori has a black trench coat with no shirt on underneath...he looks so freakn cool...oh my god speeking of cool you should see Kula's animation! when she blocks attacks she puts this huge sheet of ice in front of her...There are 6 backgrounds and they are all insane!Theres one with this huge rotating fan in a factory and the light cuts through it and into the smoke in the factoy...amazing...oh and heres some real SNKglish for you...beat the game after the credits is says something like..."Thanks for playing SNK with love" HOW CRAZY IS THAT!!!!!!!!

NeoTrof

n00b
20 Year Member
Hey, I'm in Worcester. Can you tell me where this arcade is? Thanks.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yeah...get on the orange line to sullivan station in summerville...the "Good Time" arcade is right behind the assembly square mall which is about a mile from the T.THIS IS WHAT THEY GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-MVS 6-Slot
1MVS 4-Slot
1-MVS 1-Slot

1-MVS 6-Slot= KOF 2000, MARK OF THE WOLVES, THE LAST BLADE 2, METAL SLUG, METAL SLUG 2

1 MVS 4- Slot= STRIKERS 1945 PLUS, BUST A MOVE, BUST A MOVE AGAIN, METAL SLUG X

1-MVS 1-Slot= METAL SLUG 3...OH, THATS RIGHT IT HAS ITS OWN CABINET!

OTHER 2-D FIGHTERS:

CAPCOM VS. SNK
PUZZLE FIGHTER
AND EVERY OTHER VS. FIGHTER EVER RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!

benares

Kula's Candy
They took out Mai's BOUNCE????

Game over man Game over! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!?!?!

JRock917

, ,
Well I am glad we got one of our first "reveiws" here on KOF 2000; I was wanting to know how good it is or is not. Man, that must one helluva arcade they got up there in Boston, the games they got on those MVS cabinets alone is enough to make a neo fan salivate. At least now I dont think I will have any worries when I plop down the $300 or more for KOF 2000 from NCS.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yeah the Arcade is amazing...yesterday was my first time there...Its about an hour away from my dorm but i want to go back today...I hardly got to play there were so many people.Yeah have no fear in throwing the money down for this cart...its crazy. If you guys have any questions just let me know...Ill be there alot!
smile.gif

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well after awhile of playing KoF 2K also I have to agree with most of Ukyo's statment expect the balance issue. Overall control, response and playability is what I expected from SNK for a good game. My only issue is this, I don't know about most players out there but it is too damn EASY to whip out 100% combos! Hell, The BS I pulled on some scrubs with Shingo, Kim, & Kyo made me laugh. The whole time I was going, 'Damn this cheesy crap should not be this easy'. Overall tho I have enjoyed the game a lot and will most 100% own this baby on dec 21st. Oh and as far as Mai's Bounce goes, Nobody here had played her so I'm guessing if the bounce was gone, it might have just been censored out by a dip switch on the arcade unit. I guess I'll havta doublecheck when I go play again. ^_^

BonusKun

Ukyo

20 Year Member
There were these two Asian kids playing KOF 2000 along with me and like ten other people and they would switch off depending on who was currently fighting on there team of four...One of the kids kept kicking all our asses around with Choi Bounge!LOL. It was rediculous! They were all laughing at us in Cantonese...It was hilarious! I Could just imagine what they were saying!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
I dont believe that it was dipswitch sensor ship because the blood was still on...I didnt think that you could censor the bounce and still keep the blood...

JRock917

, ,
I would hate to think they would take the bounce out of Mai, especially considering that this game is supposed to be the "pinnacle" of the series.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Oh its gone! I read somewhere that for mai and andys intro she makes them bounce just for him! havent seen it my self though...

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited October 15, 2000).]

I

Iori

hmm. You'd think there'd be bounce after you see that KOF2K poster

JRock917

, ,
yeah, I think of alot of bounce whenever Mai is around; that site call Mai's place, which Shawn has a link to on this site, has got some really wicked pics of Mai.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Hehehehehehe.. well, I'm glad to see that Ukyo has managed to find the Good Time Emporium with no problems! Just be nice enough to not kill me too fast if you happen to see me there one weekend playing the game.
smile.gif

I've only had the chance to play KOF2000 a couple of times, but from what I've seen I was satisfied. Even with the concept of having the strikers come out at anytime, I was still able to do a lot of things pretty well... and to my enjoyment, I've found tha Athena has been returned to almost '98 strength!
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure what kind of FAQ I will do on this KOF... when I finally get the home cart in December I'll be able to make that decision.