20 Year Member
whoa

playmore will sell at least 60 copies of slug 3 and kof 2001

great news

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
MS3 on ps2?

I don't want to provoke some serious ps2 bashing again, but I doubt that this machine could handle all the graphical splendour of Slug 3.

Apart from that, it's good to see some more good stuff for my DC coming its way!

The re-release of Slug X for PSX is a good thing too. Another chance to get this non-perfect, but cool port for a good price.

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
I was wondering because I cant read the lanquage on that page, will this be a Japanese release only or will it be released else where?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Originally posted by Mr. Wizard:
<strong>I was wondering because I cant read the lanquage on that page, will this be a Japanese release only or will it be released else where?</strong><hr></blockquote>

According to GameFront, these are the Japanese release dates:

KoF99 PSX: 07/25
MSX PSX: 07/25
KoF2k DC: 08/07
KoF2k PS2: 08/??
KoF2k1 PS2+DC: 12/??
MS3 PS2: 12/??

They didn't say anything about a US or EU release.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: Takumaji ]</p>

sha-v

Crossed Swords Squire
They didn't say something about where they got the info and i didn't seen any japanese site saying that.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Why exactly wouldnt PS2 handle mslug3 well?

Doesnt make sense.

Now I have an excuse to get that mod Ive been eyeing.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Originally posted by Takumaji:
<strong>MS3 on ps2?

I don't want to provoke some serious ps2 bashing again, but I doubt that this machine could handle all the graphical splendour of Slug 3.

Apart from that, it's good to see some more good stuff for my DC coming its way!

The re-release of Slug X for PSX is a good thing too. Another chance to get this non-perfect, but cool port for a good price.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahh hah hahaha....

PS2 can't handle Neo Geo games, somehow you have to be joking...

Haven't you SEEN Guilty Gear X? It can push sprites 5 times the size of the ones in Metal Slug or KOF. I'm not talking "overall size" I'm talking about meg count. The file size of those sprites is larger than the ones in Slug or KOF. You can argue all the stuff you want about how it has more frames of animation than GGX, but the fact is a large sprite w/ medium animation is about the same size (most likely bigger) than a small sprite w/ a high amount of animation. So if the PS2 can push GGX, I'm sure it can more than run MS3 or KOF2k1 or whatever.

Oh and Fran, you seem a bit jaded. 60 copies? Ha, it'll be amazing to see how many copies sell. 60 copies, you must be thinking of the amount of Home carts that were sold, not the PS2 version. Not to mention how much more money they'll make off of a PS2 sale vs. a home cart sale.

Peace

JHendrix

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Originally posted by JHendrix:
<strong>

Ahh hah hahaha....

PS2 can't handle Neo Geo games, somehow you have to be joking...

Haven't you SEEN Guilty Gear X? It can push sprites 5 times the size of the ones in Metal Slug or KOF. I'm not talking "overall size" I'm talking about meg count. The file size of those sprites is larger than the ones in Slug or KOF. You can argue all the stuff you want about how it has more frames of animation than GGX, but the fact is a large sprite w/ medium animation is about the same size (most likely bigger) than a small sprite w/ a high amount of animation. So if the PS2 can push GGX, I'm sure it can more than run MS3 or KOF2k1 or whatever. [...] </strong><hr></blockquote>

It's alright, I don't want to argue about that, I'm just skeptical because I'm a sick lil' Neo fanboy! :) ;)

Too bad that there's no sign for a Slug on DC. Would be great.

JHendrix

Originally posted by Takumaji:
<strong>

It's alright, I don't want to argue about that, I'm just skeptical because I'm a sick lil' Neo fanboy! :) ;)

Too bad that there's no sign for a Slug on DC. Would be great.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sadly Slug 3 on PS2 only is a good buisness decision. I mean look at it this way. In japan esecially, what is the one group of gamers you can practically gaurantee owns a DC? Fighting game fans. That's about it.

PS2 has everyone in Japan (look at the sales figures). So Slug 3, which is a niche title to begin with wouldn't sell as well as KOF would on DC. So only the PS2 gets it.

Just you wait, these games will sell 10X more units than the HC versions, based on sheer statistical fact alone. And the profit margin has got to be shitloads higher than the homecart.

Look out guys, playmore is gonna start making money soon! :D

Peace

JHendrix

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
And I dont think they would be so extreme as to put it on X-Box and I dont know if they like the whole Game Cube image, so PS2 is a good choice.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>whoa

playmore will sell at least 60 copies of slug 3 and kof 2001

great news</strong><hr></blockquote>

They'll sell 10 times more than any of those games sold on AES... idiot.

If the 2K1 homecart sold 6 thousand copies in Japan it's first week, it'll at least sell 60,000 copies it's first week on PS2.

PS2 can't handle Neo Geo games, somehow you have to be joking...<hr></blockquote>

I don't like PS2, but he's right. Even the Sega Saturn could have done every Neo Game released perfectly (blame SNK), because the shit capcom released on the 4 meg cart killed anything on the MVS.

You think the AES is some powerful machine that no system can handle? What a joke, it's over 10 years old, yes there may be some loading, obviously since it's on CD, but Metal Slug 3 is not that impressive, it's a 2-D game. GGX is WAY more hardware punishing than any Metal Slug game.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>

JHendrix

Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>

I don't like PS2, but he's right. Even the Sega Saturn could have done every Neo Game released perfectly (blame SNK), because the shit capcom released on the 4 meg cart killed anything on the MVS.

You think the AES is some powerful machine that no system can handle? What a joke, it's over 10 years old, yes there may be some loading, obviously since it's on CD, but Metal Slug 3 is not that impressive, it's a 2-D game. GGX is WAY more hardware punishing than any Metal Slug game.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

One thing I have to give you, porting Neo games to XBox would take all of one month to do.

I mean get MAME running, find a way to effeciently load it to RAM to minimized loading times, and then let the game go.

Peace

JHendrix

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong> [...] You think the AES is some powerful machine that no system can handle? What a joke, it's over 10 years old, yes there may be some loading, obviously since it's on CD, but Metal Slug 3 is not that impressive, it's a 2-D game. GGX is WAY more hardware punishing than any Metal Slug game. [...] </strong><hr></blockquote>

The AES with its 12.something MHz CPU and a handful of co-procs sure could be "handled" by most of the next-gen consoles. It's not that I would doubt that the ps2 could draw sprites or display more than 16 colors, I'm talking about the amount of data which would have to be displayed/loaded/processed at the same time, and that with the (comparatively limited) amount of RAM of the ps2 (32MB if I remember correctly).

Well, I guess it's a matter of how they port the game.

Let's see.

HPMAN

UI resident
32Mb seems enough to me, all game data hasn't to be in memory at the same time. 32Mb is about a third of the whole game cart.

Back to GGX, sprites are bigger but alos remember game runs in high resolution, so for the same on screen size, a sprite will ask 4 times the memory. Add to that than sprites are bigger...

2D is a matter of RAM, not processing power.

C

Caris Nautilus

<strong>

One thing I have to give you, porting Neo games to XBox would take all of one month to do.

I mean get MAME running, find a way to effeciently load it to RAM to minimized loading times, and then let the game go.

Peace

JHendrix</strong><hr></blockquote>

I also have to add GGX is nearly 3 times the res of Metal Slug 3 (DC version is true 640x480, as well as arcade), making it all the harder to run.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Ps2 could easily do kof 2k1 and MS3 without breaking a sweat.Kof 2k1's graphics are way too simplistic.ps2 is a much more superior hardware obviously.Same with the DC.You all could defend your precious neo all you want and ignore the facts and be stubborn idiots.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
They did MSX on the PS1 and it was a damn fine conversion!!! so MS3 on PS2 is gonna be a piece of piss!!

JHendrix

Originally posted by Liquid Snake:
<strong>Finally I can save $295 and get PS2 KOF2K1 :D </strong><hr></blockquote>

You are a very smart man my friend. :)
Although I think I can see the smoke coming out of FTL's head..... :)

Peace

JHendrix

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i hate how people think neogeo is super godly and all this shit.

its a genesis on steroids first of all.

secondly, saturn can handle a perfect port of every neo game, period. you think snk is going to be capable of it though? no. most 3rd parties werent capable of programming on saturn, let alone snk.

i bet 32x can handle most neo geo games...after all most of the hardware is right there...

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
The other day, my AES spontaneously grew the ability to play every game I own at unprecedented performance levels, the highest resolutions I've ever seen. It can run Virtua Fighter 4 at a full 1024 X 768 with blistering A3 surround sound, GTA3 looks like it was pumped through a G4, & Guilty Gear X comes alive at a whopping interlaced 5000 X 3200 resolution with full transparency.....

Then my AES foiled a local terrorist attack with its Gigapower, & pulled a stranded 25 car Amtrak train for 300 miles (it would have only made it 200 miles, but its a Super Neo with all mods)

The AES will always be the most powerful console ever produced!

Lee (garg7)
<a href="http://www.neogeotemple.com" target="_blank">http://www.neogeotemple.com</a>

SilverAngel

Member,
I hope they can have them in english and that they come out to us and europe. I still haventplayed kof 2000 yet and its the only one i havent played! I really hope they do.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
<strong>

You are a very smart man my friend. :)
Although I think I can see the smoke coming out of FTL's head..... :)

Peace

JHendrix</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think FTL will make DC, PS, and PS2 price guides in the near future ;)