Aero Fighters 3 English??

Does anyone overhere has ever seen the English AES version of Aerofighters 3 ??( sonic wings 3 ) Or was it only released as the Japanese version?

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
From what I know and have researched it was a Japanese only release. If you find one it will most likely have the identifying marks of a NGF insert. I myself think that Sonic Wings 2 is better than 3......just my thougts....

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I read awhile ago on this forum that there was a Europe release (not US), and is indeed quite rare. I haven't seen them myself, though, and probably never will.

It would be nice, if anyone that has it can scan and post here to verify this.
------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited March 27, 2001).]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I'm yet another waiting to hear back and see if this thing exists. If so, I'll soon be the owner of one. At least long enough to remember everything I hate about the game so I could then sell it.... probably. 2 was so great, what a mess the sequel was.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Actually, all of the Aero Fighters games pretty much suck. Almost every Saturn 2D shooter blows away the AF series. The backgrounds are washed out and lack detail, and the sprites are pretty ugly too. Gameplay is OK, but they aren't pretty to look at by any means.

Shooters on the Saturn like Shienryu, Battle Garegga, Strikers 1945/II, Batsugun, Kyukyoku Tiger II Plus, Gunbird, and many others are much better than the Aero Fighters games. I have AF2 on cart and AF3 on CD, but overall, they pretty much suck compared to many other shooters on various consoles.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
I read awhile ago on this forum that there was a Europe release (not US), and is indeed quite rare. I haven't seen them myself, though, and probably never will.

It would be nice, if anyone that has it can scan and post here to verify this.

Yeah but if it was released in Europe wouldn't it be called Sonic Wings 3? I got an english MVS kit brand new from Lastresort and it was called Sonic Wings 3 not Aerofighters 3. I highly doubt it exists. I won't believe it until I see real pics either......
tongue.gif

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

Helly Original Colapunks

Quiz Detective
The p[oint with Sonic Wings or Aero Fighters 3 is a bit strange, the english MVS-carts say Sonic Wings, but English cd's say Aero Fighters. I don't know why but it's all strange and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few European copies of AF/SW 3

Helly

------------------
Don't live to work, but work to live

G

gokusama26

I have a Gamepro with a review of Aerofighters 3 in it (homecart). I can't prove that they weren't playing an MVS version, but it certainly does lend evidence to at least a few being made. I'll dig it up tomorrow.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I have AF2 on cart and AF3 on CD, but overall, they pretty much suck compared to many other shooters on various consoles.

Hey chimpmeister, if you ain't got any need for your Aero Fighters 3, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. E-mail me if you'd like to part with it at a reasonable price.

lou_preview.gif

www.fanscene.org

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I have a Gamepro with a review of Aerofighters 3 in it (homecart). I can't prove that they weren't playing an MVS version, but it certainly does lend evidence to at least a few being made. I'll dig it up tomorrow.

They also listed Bomberman: Panic Bomber as being "Available now" for home cartridge, which sent me on a snipe hunt, though every case is unique.

G

gokusama26

I cannot find my old issues of Gamepro. Surely someone here must have some old gaming magazines that could look it up!