Metal Slug 4 review at PA

cwGabe

New Challenger
Like the title says, I put my review up today if anyone is interested.

<a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/rfslug.php3" target="_blank">http://www.penny-arcade.com/rfslug.php3</A>

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Great review Gabe!

A SHAME all negative attitude people are on neo-geo.com...BUT ,hey,true neo geo fans are all over the world!

Metal slug 4 is a cool game and your missing really something if you pass on it.

I recommend also to try out Demon Front as well...you will appreciate more Slug 4 compared to sad clones.

Neo geo all the way!

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Gabe, I have to say I really enjoy your import section. Even though you guys don't speak Japanese you still manage to give the games a fair review. I can remember playing some games and wishing I couldn't speak Japanese because the story was so bunk. So in a way, you guys kind of have an advantage. ;) If you want a real gem, try Lost Golem on Dreamcast. It is a puzzle game where you control a little stone guy that switches walls so the king can get to the other side. There is also a two player battle mode where you fight to get the king through your door and you can do all kinds of tricks. It is one of the best import games I own and is relatively cheap. The Japanese required to play is low also.

Jeff

whit

New Challenger
Wow! Great and honest review of MS4. I personally am glad I purchased a copy but I have to say it is no MS3 but as Gabe so eloquently stated it isnt trying to be. I agree with Gabes review completely.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by whit:
<strong>Wow! Great and honest review of MS4. I personally am glad I purchased a copy but I have to say it is no MS3 but as Gabe so eloquently stated it isnt trying to be. I agree with Gabes review completely.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You said it whit. Gabe's review is very nicely written, captures my feelings on this game really well. Very cool that he wrote that up . . . .

And on a side note, has anyone noticed that cool effect they added . . . sometimes a bunch of loaves or slices of bread appear when you destroy something. If you don't grab them immediately, the bread "molds" and morphs into mushrooms, which soon disappear if you don't get them quick!! Bizarre, but cool effect there!! :)

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
Good review, managed to avoid spoilers ;)

Thanks!

At last, the truth comes out! SLUG 4 REALLY IS A WORTHY SLUG ADDITION!! ...hate to say 'i told u so'....but i told you so! Every slug game is great bar slug 2's slowdown, thats still great lol!!!

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
COMPLETELY agree with the review. Finally, common sense arises from the whiney vail of ng.com

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Originally posted by Bar81:
<strong>COMPLETELY agree with the review. Finally, common sense arises from the whiney vail of ng.com</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's good hit Bar81!