Iron Clad

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK, I know I may catch flak for this... but I just plad Iron Clad on an emulator and it is freaking incredible! The mech suits are great (especially the last boss with his sickle ala the Death Scyth). The graphics are very cool looking, kind of a mix between Pulstar and Shock Troopers (Saurus made it so go figure)... and the music is just wonderful. And to top things off, the game branches and lets you choose your next mission after almost every level! It is by far one of the best shooters on the Neo Geo... so, where the hell is this game, does anyone have it? I would really like to buy this on MVS cart if it is available.

-Nick

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Hey nruva,
What emulator?
Where did you get the rom?
I want to play this game!

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
BTW, isn't this the Neo CD game that goes for like - $200?

[This message has been edited by neobuyer (edited March 23, 2001).]

Large

, ,
I think you must have played a different game. The Iron Clad I know from Neo Geo CD is boring and not very playable... (greetings to LFO
smile.gif

Cheers Large

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I played it on the Neo Geo CD emulator.... sorry I should have been more percise. They have the CD rip of it at that aceroms site a few people were talking about this week... I burned it on to CD, fired up the emulator... and was amazed at how good it worked.

Large;
No I did not play a different game
smile.gif
and yes I know you were being sarcastic. Well, there are a lot of games (especially shooters) that people like on this board that I do not, namely Pulstar and Last Resort... I am not big fans of those, and I try to like them, but I just can't get into them... Well, I guess what I am trying to say is, to each his own. I really dug Iron Clad. I thought the character design was cool, the way you controled the pod (and how it effected the power of your shot) was done well. I liked the music, and the graphics were pretty good by 1996 Neo Geo standards. So... I like it, and I think it is damn cool. As for everyone else, is there a MVS cart for this game?

-Nick

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah if you find an MVS version of it I want one too!!! That game would kick ass one MVS....wonder if you could Eprom it one on MVS board like Bomberman????

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I wondered that too. Then I realized that it used red booked audio... so, the MVS would have no idea what that call was (along with many others I am sure) and would crash the ROM (Unexpected result returned)... The only way we could get it to work would be to reprogram it to work with the MVS/AES BIOS... which is impossible with out the original code (unless you guys are amazing z80 machine language wizards!). Well for now I will just be happy with emulating a super rare game, and hope one day I can buy it... I really do like this one a lot.

-Nick