Capcom Vs SNK (Pro) and Cap Vs SNK 2 News !

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
(GameSpot Japan) Tokyo, 3/18- In Capcom's "Capcom vs SNK Millenium Fight 2000" tournament held today at "Plaza Capcom Kichijouji", Capcom development staff's Ichinose announced that "Capcom vs SNK Millenium Fight 2000 Pro" -an upgraded version of the original game with balance fixes and other minor changes, will be released. In addition to the minor fixes, 2 additional characters will be added to the game -the characters have not been revealed.

The tournament at the Tokyo Game Show on 3/30, will be played with the "Pro" version. In addition, "Capcom vs SNK 2" will be available for viewing at the Tokyo Game Show as well.

http://www.zdnet.co.jp/gamespot/gsnews/0103/19/news01.html

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
<< In addition to the minor fixes, 2 additional characters will be added to the game -the characters have not been revealed. >>

I don't care how impossible the odds.... come on Hanzou.... come on!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Good Night, Fuuma... Boodayakann!" -Hanzou

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
At this hour I should be asleep and dreaming, but I'm awake and dreaming anyway: I want Kim Dragon, the real master of Tae Kwon Do!

Ash

Bashful Lurker, ,
Hmm, I bet I can guess who the 2 new characters are. I reckon they're just morrigan and mai (i think). The secret characters from the dreamcast version. Correct me if I'm wrong but they were not selectable in the original arcade version.

zapr

New Challenger
Well, I know I may very well be in a minority here - but I really liked the first game! My only wish is that CAPCOM vs SNK 2 makes it home!!! I wonder what that possiblity is looking like? Wonder on which platform? -- I'm hoping against hope that it will be the DC (I can't realistically say AES).

I can't wait for the sequal. I hope they release it on the Dreamcast but as always only time will tell.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
this is great news! and no this game is not for the AES! the only version of S vs. C for the AES is the completely different version that snk was working on but probbably will never release. by the way, every one says that the dream cast version sucks, well thats total B.S. that game is damn good(the snk characters have never looked better!)

zapr

New Challenger
orpheus,
I agree with you. I also liked the DC version. However I think the AES version is nothing more than a neo geo myth (only because I never saw anything official on it). I think the Neo Geo pocket version was the only thing SNK did.

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
A Dreamcast port of CvS2 is not entirely impossible. Capcom doesnt seem to be releasing 2D fighters for PS2 and DC has some life left in it yet.

------------------
mendo21.gif

-Shuuchan

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
The deal was that SNK and CAPCOM could both make 2 games using the others characters. SNK made SNKvsCAPCOM (ngpc) and Card Fighters Clash(both of them counted as one game) (ngpc). So there will be no such thing as an AES SNKvsCAPCOM.

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

MVS is eternal...but I love my Pocket.

FUUMA

Marked Wolf
Back to the new characters, I only wish Fuuma could join the crew but I really doubt it as World Heroes characters never get their due. I think they were a little too cartoonish but Darkstalkers was also and Morrigan made it in there.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
cool.gif
As far as choices for a new character, I personally vote for K' and Andy Bogard.... or maybe Billy Kane.

------------------
"And THAT'S what makes me a legend!"

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I imagine one would be Capcom, but whom? They've already got nearly all of their trademark fighters in the game. Maybe... Mike Haggar! and Billy Kane? Maybe even a storyline! Gasp! Nah, not holding my breath on that last bit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
HOW CAN EVERYONE BE SO EXCITED!
the first game sucked naomi light effects and terrible jaggies suck the dreamcast is my fav next gen system but capcom vs snk is degrading who could forget the cheapness the capcom characters had over other snk characters, after i bought the dc version i was complaining like crazy, think about it benimaru and kyo just dont have that good gameplay element in this game and almost all SF characters were swapped from alpha 3 what a joke and gouki as the ultimate warrior what shit we all know its KRAUSER needless to say i was pissed about the retarded points system ive never heard a happy customer about that system, i hate the vs series because its just a kof ripoff and now its truely degrading!

------------------
TO Geese Howard, my little cream puff.

Your sliminess and greed has been a source of great enjoyment
for me these past few years, but, alas,
your end has come. We are all surfing
on a new wave of evil.
Unfortunately for you, my friend, the
wave is here, and you have no board.

Auf Wiedersehen, Meine Kleine Sucker,
WOLFGANG KRAUZER

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cox_xoc:
The deal was that SNK and CAPCOM could both make 2 games using the others characters. SNK made SNKvsCAPCOM (ngpc) and Card Fighters Clash(both of them counted as one game) (ngpc). So there will be no such thing as an AES SNKvsCAPCOM.

Yeah I remember that too. And as for the first one sucking even if it did the sequel would be better. Besides its just cool too play SNK characters against Capcom. Itll get SNK fighters some more exposure too, and they damn well deserve it.

------------------
mendo21.gif

-Shuuchan

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Great news. Now if only they would release #2 for either Dc/Ps 2--I think it's a great possibilty (esp w/ Ps 2).

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
HOW CAN EVERYONE BE SO EXCITED!
the first game sucked naomi light effects and terrible jaggies suck the dreamcast is my fav next gen system but capcom vs snk is degrading who could forget the cheapness the capcom characters had over other snk characters, after i bought the dc version i was complaining like crazy, think about it benimaru and kyo just dont have that good gameplay element in this game and almost all SF characters were swapped from alpha 3 what a joke and gouki as the ultimate warrior what shit we all know its KRAUSER needless to say i was pissed about the retarded points system ive never heard a happy customer about that system, i hate the vs series because its just a kof ripoff and now its truely degrading!

Awww c'mon! The game itself wasn't as bad as you say! True, almost all the SNK characters were raped in the ass, but it was a decent first time attempt. That's why i'm waiting to see what Capcom vs. SNK Pro is gonna be like. I'm assuming they're gonna listen to the public and tweak to a fairer level. I mean, Kyo, without his auto-guard?! What kinda madness was that?! As far as the "Jaggies" were concerned, I've got no comment.

------------------
"And THAT'S what makes me a legend!"

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
you know what would kick ass, if capcom vs. snk was in high resolution like guilty gear x, that game make it look like your watching a dvd

FUUMA

Marked Wolf
Guilty Gear X totally has the upper hand in graphics than almost any 2D fighter today. Stunning...as for SNK Vs. Cap 2, I just hope more SNK guys make it in. As fairness goes, I didn't once mind being the underdog in Cap Vs Snk 1 as it is something every SNK gamer should be used to by now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i think rock howard should be in it. i mean why not? he rules! screw timelines i dont care about inconsistancies.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overkill Geyser:

Awww c'mon! The game itself wasn't as bad as you say! True, almost all the SNK characters were raped in the ass, but it was a decent first time attempt. That's why i'm waiting to see what Capcom vs. SNK Pro is gonna be like. I'm assuming they're gonna listen to the public and tweak to a fairer level. I mean, Kyo, without his auto-guard?! What kinda madness was that?! As far as the "Jaggies" were concerned, I've got no comment.

And regardless on how the SNK squad was toned down from their original counterparts, they have proven to be still quite effective in tournament play. I still see (up to this day) lots of Vice, Yuri, Kim and Terry players ranking in the top 5 slots. Sometimes, even the occasional Ryo, King, Benimaru or Yamazaki.

Yes, CvS is not the best titles... but so wasn't the very first Street Fighter. Let's see what happens with the sequel...

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 01, 2001).]