How much would you guys like to bet.

I

Iori

I have a feeling that Ron from the Benimaru team ending in KOF2000 will be the end boss in KOF'01, any of you out there have the same feeling?

------------------
vicecharge.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
How much do you wanna bet that many will get sick of so many versions of KOF if no other sequels comming out?

Wheres LB3 or Sam Sho5?

------------------

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

i agree with devil ill...to hell with the kof series,its the same shit year after year..i like 2000 but their not addin enough great new fighters and the bgs are kinda weak,the only cool shit in 2000 is the new boss,kula and that crazy assed dude who spits,i forget his name.....as for the strikers,i think they are useless,i hardly ever use em,add new fighters, ditch the strikers man.i want to see a new last blade or a bloody assed samurai spirits 5,SAM 4 WAS INSANE!!..of even a new art of fighting..sengoku 3 looks like the change of pace needed.and nitd is my kind of wickedness..keep the new stuff coming..can the rehash crap.....

------------------
samhain.gif

I

Iori

All right, All right, I said nothing about other sequels, but since you bring up the point:
SamSho, we're not gonna see any more, face it. 3 makes good sac carts and by 4 it was too little, too late for the series. Those 3-D games on PSX didn't help, either.
As for LB, I can't say anything about it as I haven't played it. But I will say this, It still looks and smells like SamSho.
AOF, rule of thumb, if they don't make a sequel in 6 years, you can stick a fork in it, this can also apply to SS.
And KOF and to everybody calling it stale, I still love it after all these years and there are enough changes to the game year after year to keep it fresh be it characters, modes of play, strikers, or what have you. Don't like strikers? Then don't use them and then shut the fuck up.
Granted, many characters are worthless (Bao, Hinako, Ramon, Athena, Etc.) But guess what, you're going to find that in all games.
DSD, the spitting guy is Lin, and you forgot to add Vanessa.
KOF uber alles

------------------
vicecharge.gif

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

for some reason it looks as if you took my opinion as a put down..some of you little boys are just plain pathetic...well ya know what smart ass.......YOU SHUT THE FUUUUUUCK UP!!!!
evil reppuken to your face!!!!!..
A BITCH "SMAAAAAAAACK" TO LITTLE IORIS SKULL!!!!

THUD!!!!!
THUD!!!!!

DROP!
KICK!
SPIT!!!......

QUIT CRYIN CHUMP..

SMACK!!!!!!!!!

------------------
samhain.gif

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Hey DSD, there will come a day when we will actually be able to engage each other online when we have an argument...

I'm NOT taking sides here but I would love to suplement my arguments with a well timed Shoryuken!

Tell me guys, wouldn't it be great if we could directly engage each other online in fighting games...

And by the way... FUCK CAPCOM!!!

SNK online all the way...

(I can dream, can't I?)

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Nice to see some real gamers for the following reasons:

1)One might get mad if one says "halt a lil with the kof series and bring on the other sequels".

2)A Neo fan says "Sam Sho3 are good for sacs" saying that Sam Sho series sucks.

3)One suggesting that one may meet another one day and then having a video game duel of reppa-kens and Shoryukens.

4)One could say "FUCK CAPCOM" and be living in denial of their great games all while using their gaming term "shoryuken".

This is a true gamer or maybe cuz i should say this is a true "Neo Gamer"?.

What the hell is wrong with comming out with the suggestion of some cool other sequels?

The Neo isnt just KOF fans but have KOF fans that are Sam Sho and multi platform fans aswell.

KOF2022 with no new sequels (no sam sho5, no lb3, no FFRB3 or MOTW2) except a nice NITD 17.

Its cool that they came out with SENGOKU LEGENDS.

------------------

I

Iori

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Sengoku 3 and NITD making an appearance on home cart, and I don't want to even think of the cost required to convert them.
As for the discussion on other sequels, the bitter reality is that the neo's time is over, I can't even find the old familiar red MVS machines in arcades anymore. It's a shame but it's something we all have to accept. So if SNK/Azure is only going to make 2 games a year, I can pretty much guarantee those two will be a KOF and a Metal Slug. However, if SNK/Azure gets their shit together and maybe start becoming a tour-de-force in arcades again, we may start seeing other sequels or a brand-new series, but don't hold your breath.

------------------
vicecharge.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iori:
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Sengoku 3 and NITD making an appearance on home cart, and I don't want to even think of the cost required to convert them.
As for the discussion on other sequels, the bitter reality is that the neo's time is over, I can't even find the old familiar red MVS machines in arcades anymore. It's a shame but it's something we all have to accept. So if SNK/Azure is only going to make 2 games a year, I can pretty much guarantee those two will be a KOF and a Metal Slug. However, if SNK/Azure gets their shit together and maybe start becoming a tour-de-force in arcades again, we may start seeing other sequels or a brand-new series, but don't hold your breath.

Next Generation (and similar magazines like it) have been reporting on the
Arcade industry's steady decline for the past 2 years, and it has finally come full
circle. The Entertainment Centers that still remain today (which are growing less in
number) stick to flashy quarter crunchers like Crazy Taxi to bring in their income,
because the Neo-Geo isn't 'cool'' enough for weekend warriors and wannabe Deer
Hunter gamers . Fact is, the Neo-Geo isn't dying -- the Arcade industry is. Plain
and simple, its time for the Arcade industry to reinvent itself. Nobody wants to take
their children (or themselves)
to a seedy entertainment center on some street corner in the city just to play the
latest rev. of KOF. My local Arcade, at one time, was a haven for drug dealers and
gang members (the company cleaned its act up years later). You couldn't even
concentrate on your game long enough without someone fist fighting or having the
Cops barge in to arrest someone. The Arcade Industry has created this
unwholesome image of itself, and they need to change it.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Hah! You got me DSD.
I did say Shoryuken didn't I?

Actually, I shouldn't put Capcom down too much since I love Survival horror...

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iori:
I have a feeling that Ron from the Benimaru team ending in KOF2000 will be the end boss in KOF'01, any of you out there have the same feeling?

ANYWAY...
smile.gif

Going back to the original post topic, I think you're right about Ron. Either he's going to be the boss, or Lin and Ron are going to be another Iori/Kyo style rivalry.

And will King be in it since she's pregnant (with Takuma or Ryo's child, I believe)?

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
PERSONALLY, I COULD PLAY KOFS TIL 2022 HAPPILY......
SAMURAI SHODOWN WAS COOL...BUT IF THERES LIKE 3 GAMES A YEAR, ILL WAIT FOR SS5.......EVEN LB3 DONT HAVE THAT FEEL ONLY KOF HAS..........

I MEAN HOW FKD WOULD IT LOOK
94 95 96 97 98 99 00 01 04?
=\

IF KOF STOPS ONE YEAR YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH GUARANTEE ITS DROPPED......AND YOU PROBABLY WONT GET SS5 OR LB3.......
SO I WOULDNT COMPLAIN TOO MUCH....KOF IS STILL A SOLID COOL GAME.......

THERES NO USE ATTACKING A GOOD GAME OVER ANOTHER.....EITHER WAY YOULL LOOSE OUT SOMEHOW.......

ATTACK SHIT GAMES.......LIKE MAJHONG!

DEVIL_GUI