Nightmare In The Darkness 5 Minute Clip

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
OK you Neo headz heres a 5 minute NITD clip:

Nightmare In The Darkness

Its a 8MB download so i recommend to rightclick and save target to a file for your infinite viewing Neo happyness.

Hope you like it.

I didnt want to announce that if you wanna see a clip of NITD then check out my site cuz the Xoom seves sucks so back that sometimes its down and some of the bitchass pics wont even show when its up.

Man i gotta buy my own server.

Peace

------------------

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Have many people played this game yet? They have it at a big arcade downtown. So of course I played it right there and got the highest score which remains so far undefeated. Anyhow I never played Snow Bros. so this game was something new to me, and I for one though it was simple, but a truly fun game, with a fair amount of storyline text to read (big plus for me). Very up-to-date graphics, the MS3 1-slot beside me was so loud that I could hardly hear more than the fire-throwing noise so I can't comment much on SFX/music, but it's really worth playing if you can find it. Addiction factor is not like Magical Drop but it's not bad either. Maybe for you Snow Bros. fans it'll be just an update; otherwise it's certainly worth a few games of Nightmare in the Dark.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
An outstanding effort, Illicious. This game looks like a lot of fun and to be very well put together. Nice animations for all the characters too. I would have liked to have seen more of what I presume is the first boss (the big Mummy Head guy) but I am quite appreciative of the glimpse you have given me. Great job. My MVS cabinet is getting hungry and this looks like a great non-fighting game to feed it.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Very fucking cool! Completely changed my mind about this game. I'm gonna have to pick up the MVS soon. I was hoping for some evil/scary music though. I mean, the title had me jumping to that conclusion. Oh well

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Thanks Lord Illicious....now I know what the game actually looks like. Gonna have to pick one up now....

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
HHHHHMMMM...how about you guys the games looks easy

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

thundr51

Bead Banger
thanks for the great movie! After watching I can safely say that I won't be missing anything by NOT purchasing this title. I'd maybe get it if it were about $20-30 but otherwise I'll pass. I was hoping for the excitement that I had when I watched a clip of Garou or KOF2k but it didn't happen. I'm guessing this one is for the puzzle fans. I think they'll enjoy it more. Oh well, guess I'll start looking for kof2k1...
wink.gif

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
This video changed my mind about the game, too... Once the game is relatively cheap I'll probably pick it up. I haven't played Snow Bros. for years, but I'm suprised to see that nobody pointed out it looks almost identical to the Bubble Bobble/Parasol Stars games... As long as there are lots of different kinds of enemies and stuff it looks worth it. Thanks Illicious
smile.gif

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Actually, I did say it looked alot like classic Bubble Bobble, but people disagreed with me.... Now my standing description is platform Joust!
smile.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

That movie puts a whole new perspective on the game. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy for myself!

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The first stage (five levels) are relatively simple, for me they were anyway, but things really start to pick up in the subsequent stages. Guess it depends on the difficulty level of the machine but from having played it, I can say that you won't be doing any 25¢ romps through the game for a good while.

C

Caris Nautilus

I knew the second I saw the first screen shot WAY back that it was a bubble bobble clone. I even said it publicly. While others SWEARED it was a scroller. hehe.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chainsawyak:
This video changed my mind about the game, too... Once the game is relatively cheap I'll probably pick it up. I haven't played Snow Bros. for years, but I'm suprised to see that nobody pointed out it looks almost identical to the Bubble Bobble/Parasol Stars games... As long as there are lots of different kinds of enemies and stuff it looks worth it. Thanks Illicious
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited March 15, 2001).]

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Great footage Illicious!

I am a real sucker for horror themed games!

Now I want it....but I don't have an
!Arcade! converter, damn!

So the MVS costs $250, and the converter is $399 -- but I guess the converter will pay for itself in the long run.

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
"Actually, I did say it looked alot like classic Bubble Bobble, but people disagreed with me.... Now my standing description is platform Joust!"

Who cares what people say?
smile.gif
People who say it doesn't look like Bubble Bobble obviously haven't played Parasol Stars... The only thing that is similar to Joust is the static screen, the game looks exactly like Parasol Stars.

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chainsawyak:
Who cares what people say?
smile.gif
People who say it doesn't look like Bubble Bobble obviously haven't played Parasol Stars... The only thing that is similar to Joust is the static screen, the game looks exactly like Parasol Stars.

Same premise as Joust, and many more people seem to know what Joust is (I was surprised!).

In joust, you clear 4 stages of enemies, get an egg stage on the fifth, in NitD you clear 4 stages of enemies, and get a boss on the fifth. Joust you scroll from one side of the screen to the other, in NitD, on certain stages, you go from the bottom of the screen to the top.

But it is blasphemy that people do not know what Bubble Bobble is!

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think the game looks good... for a few minutes, I am not sure if it would keep my interest for very long though... it didn't look like the level 4 boards were that difficult, either that or Lord Illicious was just kicking ass. Anyway, I agree with a few here, we all saw Ganryu drop to $30 or so, I will probably wait for NITD to do the same, since I can easily see it happening. Great video though thanks a lot for doing that!

-Nick

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Just finished watching the video... yep, it reminds me of a Bubble Bobble/Parasol Stars/Snow Brothers type of game. That's a little dangerous for my wallet, for I'm a huge fan of the Bubble Bobble series.

Still, I'd rather play it first before I actually consider getting it. Unlike the Bubble Bobble games, this one looks a little weird. Regardless, I know a game like this will be a huge hit overseas, especially in Japan and China.

B

Bobak!

My computer won't play the clip. Real Player says it needs a new plug-in, but it goes to the Real Player Network site it says there is not new plug-in to be found
mad.gif

mad.gif
Grrrr...
mad.gif
Any suggestions?

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
DAMN BOBAK, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, BUT IT DOWNLOADED THE PLUG IN FOR ME (WAS 4 MB)

THE GAME REALLY IS TOO MUCH LIKE SNOBROS TO BE DESCRIBED AS ANYTHING ELSE
wink.gif

INSTEAD OF THROWING SNO, YOU THROW FIRE
INSTEAD OF GETTING PUT INTO A SNO BALL, THEYRE MADE INTO A FIREBALL.......
YOU KICK THE SNO BALL HIT THE ENIMIES AND GET A TON OF PRIZE THINGS DROP.....SAME WITH THIS GAME AND THE FIREBILL.......

YOU CAN PUSH THE SNOBALL, YOU DRAG THE FIREBALL.......
IT JUST SEEMS LIKE ADVANCED SNOBROS........THERES EVEN THE POTIONS FOR SPEEDUP ETC
wink.gif

THE GAME IS ALOT SHORTER THOW FROM WHAT I HEAR.....

DONT KNOW WHAT JOUST IS THOW......AND I CANT SEE THE BUBBLE BOBBLE ELEMENTS (UNLESS YOUR GOING FROM BB TO SB THEN TO NITD)

I LIKE IT.....
DEVIL_GUI

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
On RealPlayer go to Help, Check for Update and then let RP contact RealNetworks for some update plugins.
A new RP window may pop up saying "RealPlayer Update Avalable--Get it Now" but close it and another new RP
window pops up called "AutoUpdate" with a list of plugins to Download.

I used Real Produce 8 plus to make that RM. clip so you may need to upgrade your RP or get a updated plugin.

If you still have problems viewing the clip then let me knoe and ill encode it to WMV.(windows media player),
Quicktime or something else.

Peace

------------------

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bobak,
If it is still giving you problems, uninstall your old player and download the new 8.0 one to replace it
smile.gif

-Nick

K

korean

Loks lieke very good game YEs me buy it !!

------------------
HIHIHI ME KOREA ^^

[This message has been edited by Mouse_Master (edited March 17, 2001).]