KOF 2001 PRICE DROP

neogeoholic

Crazed MVS Addict
I got an email from COINOPEXPRESS-

Neo Geo Cartridge
US$195.00@              King of Fighter 2001 (new and original)

<a href="http://www.coinopexpress.com" target="_blank">www.coinopexpress.com</a>

200 bucks... not bad. Now if only someone here in the US would sell the original carts for that price.

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
I think it's the MVS kit. They have also MS5 MVS kits for 500$. Not bad

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
Originally posted by ocsmod:
<strong>I think it's the MVS kit. They have also MS5 MVS kits for 500$. Not bad</strong><hr></blockquote>

MS4 kits. And yes they are MVS kits. :)

I got the same email. However their web site is not current. It was last updated March 19th. You would have to call or email them I believe.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
authenticity is questionable. This is another HK company, and that's the knock off capital of the world. I remember some people claiming that an MVS cart they bought from one reputable HK dealer (think it was Cosmicco) was a bootleg, so I figure you can't be safe when the deal is with a hong kong company. Best to ask if they bought the carts from an official distributer or something like that.

C

Caris Nautilus

Add another 50 bucks for EMS shipping from HK (I still don't get why EMS is more there, than ANYWHERE else for one game... Gamechoiceclub charges 23 bucks for ONE jewel case by EMS).

Also don't those HK coinop places only take wire transfers? Add another 50 bucks for that...

The reason their prices are so cheap sometimes, is because no one buys from them, cause it's such a damn hassle.

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>Add another 50 bucks for EMS shipping from HK (I still don't get why EMS is more there, than ANYWHERE else for one game... Gamechoiceclub charges 23 bucks for ONE jewel case by EMS).

Also don't those HK coinop places only take wire transfers? Add another 50 bucks for that...

The reason their prices are so cheap sometimes, is because no one buys from them, cause it's such a damn hassle.

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Very true.

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
Originally posted by Mr. Wizard:
<strong>

MS4 kits. And yes they are MVS kits. :)

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ooops! You're right Mr. Wizard. I ment Metal Slug 4, not Metal Slug 5... :rolleyes:

xonox

Armored Scrum Object
I'vre heard good and bad comments about coinop express. A member here once posted his experience when he bought kof2000 from them. It wasn't a good experience. I think it was trieuminator. The search function didn't work minutes ago so i couldn't find that post...

I'm still not sure if it's a good place to get new mvs kits....

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Originally posted by xonox:
<strong>I'vre heard good and bad comments about coinop express. A member here once posted his experience when he bought kof2000 from them. It wasn't a good experience. I think it was trieuminator. The search function didn't work minutes ago so i couldn't find that post...

I'm still not sure if it's a good place to get new mvs kits....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeha it was Triem.....they told him it was a complete kit....or came with all the graphics...and when he got it it didn't......I vaguely remember that......

I'd rather spend a little bit more and make sure I get the authentic merchandise than risk getting a bootleg......

T

TRIEUMINATOR

Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>Add another 50 bucks for EMS shipping from HK (I still don't get why EMS is more there, than ANYWHERE else for one game... Gamechoiceclub charges 23 bucks for ONE jewel case by EMS).

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

My thoughts exactly. I ordered from CoinExpress one time for 2 KOF 2000 kits, which they claim to have all the artwork (in English) and matching serial numbers. When it arrived, no label were on the boxes, the artwork was in Korean and I was stuck with two loose KOF 2000, that after the wire and shipping fee, it came out to about $200.00 for each kit, not total.

So the KOF 2001 starts off at $195.00, add another $30.00 for wire fee, another $30-40.00 for EMS/UPS Global Express shipping and you have yourself a $270.00 kit, but who knows what condition it's in?

If I get screwed once by anyone and they refuse to rectify the problem, I won't do business with them again.

Good luck to those who order from CoinExpress.

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: TRIEUMINATOR ]</p>

Samurai Hamster

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I saw those prices too ,

I wanted to get a Capcom vs Snk 2 kit cause the price was pretty good .

I probablly won't now .

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
Originally posted by TRIEUMINATOR:
<strong>

My thoughts exactly. I ordered from CoinExpress one time for 2 KOF 2000 kits, which they claim to have all the artwork (in English) and matching serial numbers. When it arrived, no label were on the boxes, the artwork was in Korean and I was stuck with two loose KOF 2000, that after the wire and shipping fee, it came out to $200.00.

So the KOF 2001 starts off at $195.00, add another $30.00 for wire fee, another $30-40.00 for EMS/UPS Global Express shipping and you have yourself a $270.00 kit, but who knows what condition it's in?

If I get screwed once by anyone and they refuse to rectify the problem, I won't do business with them again.

Good luck to those who order from CoinExpress.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Im glad you came in an confirmed your troubles with Coinopexpress. I was going to buy a 4 slot and some games from them a while ago and when I asked how much insurance was on mailing it they never answered back. Needless to say I didnt go through with the transaction. I was considering doing business with them latly but now I think I will pass. Also they have a 200 dollar minimum but with shipping charges and the prices of most games that isnt a problem. If your not in Hong Kong then it would be a waist of time and money doing business with them. To much hassle.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Thanks for the warning. Now I know I won't bother ordering from them. I'm not paying no high shipping/insurance crap.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Coinopexpress sucks. They screwed Tri, and that's enough bad press for me to never deal with them, ever. Cosmicco is a MUCH better place to deal with (I've bought from them many times), as long as you confirm EXACTLY what you're getting -- whether bare cart, or cart with all the artwork (minus box, they never seem to have those . . . ). As for pcbs, they're one of the best . . .

Nathan

Stakes, ,
I am sorry to hear that some of you have had bad experiences with CoinopExpress. I've dealt with them three times this year and things have gone pretty well. However, I did get 3 bootleg Puzzle Bobble cartridges in one order. They gave me several options for resolving the problem. I ended up returning them and they gave me credit towards my next purchase.

When I've asked questions they've always answered within a day. The sales person I have e-mailed is named Nikita.

I've saved on shipping by buying about 15 - 20 cartridges at a time. Shipping for that many cartridges usually runs $75 - $100. They have used Fed Ex International Priority and my packages have arrived here in less than 2 days after they have received the money (They do accept International money orders).

Sometimes you can find some very good prices there on a few MVS carts(Shock Troopers $39 - Ganryu $14 - Tecmo World Soccer - $19) or jamma pcbs.

Trifecta

Stakes Winner
Hey!! I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO HONG KONG around July 20!! I might just go to Coin Express to see what stuff they have. So if I see their KOF 2001, should I just match it with what it looks like from the neo store and if it doesn't look like that then it's a raw deal and should NOT be purchased.

Shiftyfink

Geese's Thug
The KOF 2001 carts from Coinopexpress are 100% real,complete and new. Ordered one for somebody and it came in looking perfect.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Someone let me know when I can get a 2k1 MVS cart for around $100. Don't really care which one or kind it is. Bare cart, bootleg, whatever, but I will buy a cart when it gets that low.

Peace

JHendrix

slerch666

updyke,
I'm not worried about the 2K1 price, as I've already purchased it and gotten a pretty damn good deal on it to boot (NIB, matching serials, all artwork). It was more than $100, but still a decent price, compared to some.

Nikita Yau

n00b
Hi, everybody,

My name is Nikita. Thank you very much for your comments and interest in our company. We feel sorry to lose a good potential customer, TRIEUMINATOR, while read his message, we feel very upset even we have put extra effort to satisfy him.

We gain high reputation in our market and we are honored with our products. We never cheat him or anyone. We have inform him the shipment content before shipment clearly. We have misunderstanding while received his compliant, and we handle it in the most priority and sent the extra sticker sets to him under our cost. We cannot understand why he keep spaming and hurting us.

Our company sold over 2000 pieces of new or used Neo Geo cartridges per month to different market, we always provide the best prices to our customers and there are no shortcuts with us. It is true that our profit margins are extremely low. Normally, the Asian stock is no frills (no header, cabinet stickers, etc....), this is the way we buy the goods from SNK factory / suppliers.

To reduce the shipping cost, most of our customers will only take the cartridge but requested us to take away the little box and stickers …… It can be understand that the shipping cost will be very much difference between 100 pieces of cartridges with original packing and repacked with cartridge only. Sometime, we will have extra stickers set even quite old games, but most of the time our colleagues throw it away for new game and stock.

If you are concerning for the packing, the little box, sticker sets...., we understand and please always check with us, we will tell you the content straight away.

You guys may know that SNK sales office for Asia is located in Hong Kong. If we were offering copy boards we would be taken to court immediately.

We are a very honest company and look to have long term relationship with our customers. Please contact us any time for all of your concern. I will be always on line which you can talk to me directly or my colleagues or call us at +852 2787 0028.

Warm regards,
Nikita

<a href="http://www.coinopexpress.com" target="_blank">www.coinopexpress.com</a>

T

TRIEUMINATOR

Nikita,

I am glad you are persistent in keeping your image positive.

To help you understand, there are a few members on this board that are collectors and we request a few things when buying Neo Geo products.

The request that I had was a pretty simple one, that the King of Fighters 2000 game I ordered had serial numbers on the cartridge and that it had the original box that had the matching serial numbers on it as well. Not too much to ask for.

I sent 3 emails to confirm this and my friend who actually sent the payment, sent you another 3 emails to reconfirm it. Each time, the reply was "yes" you had what we asked for and we will get the product as I described. Maybe there was a communication misunderstanding, but sending us an extra set of graphics didn't rectify the situation.

I hope this post helps you understand what some of us expect, so you can deliver the products as we expect them in. I never asked for a refund, since the shipping costs alone and wire fee back to me would've basically meant that I spent about $100.00 for no reason at all.

As the arcade market for the Neo is becoming smaller, the collector's market is growing, so I'd say it's best if you save those carton boxes with matching serial numbers, because even though it costs more to ship, we are willing to pay for the extra fee, so it's no loss on your part.

Sorry to make you upset, but this site has a "PUBLIC AWARENESS" program here to share out experiences with other members with certain transactions. I was just giving them mine. Nothing I said was untrue, but in the end, I respect your continuing efforts to represent your company and position.

It will take a few people here and their transactions to see if you are up to the standards you claim.

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: TRIEUMINATOR ]</p>

thundr51

Bead Banger
I'd like to applaud Nikita for coming here and at the very least making a presence. That says a lot to me. :)