new chat room

Shawn

snkusa.com
We now have a <a href="http://sitechat.siteprotect.com/neo-geo.com/NeoGeo.html" target="_blank">new chat room</a> that is java based. Its fast and very user friendly, yet advanced as far as customization and administration options are concerned.

The older java chat room we had was dated, I suppose about 2 or 3 year old software. This new system was updated as of Febuary 2003 and will continue to be updated. Allows for multiple rooms and full moderation, just as on an IRC server. However, these rooms do not require bots.

This software is very new to us and we are still learning its capabilities. For now, no moderation is being enforced. If someone floods or annoys you, simply mark them as ignore. The colors and layout will of course be updated should we decide to stay with this system.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I checked it out a few minutes ago, and it does look really nice. Pretty sleek and sexy---bright too.

It looks clean, but stands out from the rest of the site [aka: the cave]

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
just had a nice chat with fist from france :) very nice guys :)

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Is there a way to connect to it with mIRC or some similar program, for those of us who prefer to use that?

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Guess I'm the only person who seems to have problems with it. I need the java, but I also need some damn XP service pack, which totally drags my PC down into the bowels of hell.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Daisuke Jigen:
Guess I'm the only person who seems to have problems with it. I need the java, but I also need some damn XP service pack, which totally drags my PC down into the bowels of hell.
You're not the only one. It is our fault, though. Kinda... hmpf.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
I got it to work...but not having registered nicks? That is trouble waiting to happen.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah i wanna register my nick... im too lazy to fill out the details everytime frown

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I also have Java problems here. Shawn, what Java runtime version do I need to access the Sitechat? I only get an error page: "The URL you have requested does not have a SiteChat Room associated with it".

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
I'm running XP and the chat did not load for me. I went to <a href="http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html" target="_blank">http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html</a> and got the Sun Java 2 plugin and now it works fine.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I was able to get it to work the first time with my work PC (running Win2K Pro & IE6 SP1 with all the patches/hotfixes).

However, running the same configuration at home the window "hung" at sending logon information. I think the cause of that is that I'm running ZoneAlarm with the ad-blocking on high, so if you're running any ad-blocking software you will need to either disable/shut down the program or add an exception for that site.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:
I checked it out a few minutes ago, and it does look really nice. Pretty sleek and sexy---bright too.

It looks clean, but stands out from the rest of the site [aka: the cave]
did you just say that the chat room looks "sexy"?
*slaps kid in the head*

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Very nice, thank you Shawn.
Finally we have a good place to chat.

wink

S

SAMHAIN

i noticed you cant idle in this room,waiting on ppl to enter

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
SAMHAIN:
i noticed you cant idle in this room,waiting on ppl to enter
There's an away feature at the bottom icon list, click it and it marks you away.

But no, you can't idle.

Poor kern :(

I'm the chatroom now, it's all good.

I like some of the new features, ignore leslie :)

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
i was just there. the applet client loaded very quickly, much faster than the old one. very kool chat! wink

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Is there any way to change the options to where it doesn't kick you off? Or is this something you guys want there?