!Arcade! converter Question

Mike

Bead Banger
I heard someplace that the converter will not work with a certain serial number system and beyond...is there any truth to this?

Anyone experience anything like that or know someone that has?

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Lets put it this way: if you got a system with a serial number over 20K, it should work with the adaptor. Otherwise it may or may not work depending on the condition of the cartridge slot.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by wjw123:
<STRONG>More like Serial number above 50000.</STRONG>

Thats actually not correct. The serial number is only relevant in relation to whether the external audio jacks on the MVS adapter will work or not. Newer Neos don't have the necessary internal connections to enable the stereo jacks. Older ones do.

There is some truth to Wan Fu's statement about the slots. Older Neos in general may have looser cartridge slots, and the adapter doesn't work well with the looser slots. !Arcade! will however replace the slots on your Neo cart system for a very reasonable price, allowing the adapter to work with them. The new slots are very tight, like MVS slots in general are, but work well with the adapter. However, home carts are a bit harder to slide into the new slots . . . just takes a bit of patience.

My old U.S. Neo s/n 13208 didn't work with the adapter; a newer jap Neo s/n 132xxx did work fine. The audio jacks dont matter to me as my Neos all have or will have custom RCA stereo outs for that function.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
<STRONG>Older Neos in general may have looser cartridge slots, and the adapter doesn't work well with the looser slots. !Arcade! will however replace the slots on your Neo cart system for a very reasonable price, allowing the adapter to work with them. The new slots are very tight, like MVS slots in general are, but work well with the adapter. However, home carts are a bit harder to slide into the new slots . . . just takes a bit of patience.
</STRONG>

You got it.