PDA

View Full Version : Old man in a Samurai Showdown shirt!?!?!?!

neobuyer
05-07-2001, 01:47 PM
It seems SNK gets support from the most unlikely people......

Check this out:

I'm walking down the street in Glendale, CA and something strikes me out of the corner of my eye, I turn and look......

It's an 80 year old man in a Samurai Showdown full print shirt! The one with Haomaru on it!

This was the first time I actually saw someone wearing one of these.... and it's on an OLD MAN!

How did he get it?

Why?

I'm still trippin'

SUPERNAUT
05-07-2001, 01:49 PM
Theres a program in england called "Never mind the Buzzcocks". One of the presenters had the same shirt on too!

Honeychan
05-07-2001, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by neobuyer:
<STRONG>It seems SNK gets support from the most unlikely people......

Check this out:

I'm walking down the street in Glendale, CA and something strikes me out of the corner of my eye, I turn and look......

It's an 80 year old man in a Samurai Showdown full print shirt! The one with Haomaru on it!

How did he get it?

I'm still trippin'</STRONG>

That's pretty easy....Was it one of the overly-popular Hawaiian/bowling-type shirts that have been seen with anime/video game characters????
This just means he himself, or someone went to The Alley in Downtown LA (I'm from LA origionally myself) and bought it.
:o

I've seen these shirts sold at Hot Topics, too- in the malls.

Are they Endorsed by SNK/Aruse??? I'd bet $100 bucks that they ARE NOT. So, they are actually bootleg items, allthough most fans don't let it phase them when buying. I own a few of these type of shirts myself, and they are VERY cool. The cool-looking factor comes into play, and many non-fans of the series/game just get them, and have NO CLUE who the hell is on the shirt they're wearing. :eek: I've stopped asking anyone wearing those type of shirts if they LIKE anime/video games, as i've been a bit dissapointed in the past with the answers i've got...

I'd do a double-take if I saw my Grandpa wearing a shirt with Haomaru on it too, tho!! :eek: :eek:

Honeychan
:confused:

[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: Honeychan ]

Sifl
05-07-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SUPERNAUT:
<STRONG>Theres a program in england called "Never mind the Buzzcocks". One of the presenters had the same shirt on too!</STRONG>

Buzzcocks rule, man.

Rain
05-07-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Iori:
<STRONG>Buzzcocks rule, man.</STRONG>

Damn straight!

Neo Rasa
05-07-2001, 02:53 PM
I still didn't have time to pick up the Haohmaru one :(

Rade K
05-07-2001, 04:50 PM
Am I the only person who thinks these shirts are fugly? Am I the only person who wouldn't caught DEAD wearing one of these things. As much as I love SNK and its characters and as much as I would love to impregnate a SNK receptionists/booth girl, I feel nothing but hate for these shirts.

thinking about you,
Rade

Fran
05-07-2001, 05:24 PM
way hey neobuyer...

thats IAN BROWN !!!

good !

;)

GregN
05-07-2001, 08:53 PM
Haomaru shirts?!

Hot topix??
R U kidding?

I wouldn't be caught dead with this

It's SNK and all.

But it's trendy stuff.

No way doodz

Kyo 2000
05-07-2001, 09:36 PM
I love those shirts! :cool:

Lou Gojira
05-07-2001, 09:49 PM
Does anybody have any idea of the entire range of characters that get put on these shirts? I can spot the Neo Geo characters with no problem, but the other night I was out shooting pool with some friends and some guy came into the hall wearing a shirt like that and it sure wasn't a Neo Geo character that was on his shirt. It looked like something out of a Hong Kong comic, and I'd even venture to say it was Solar Lord, but I'm not 100% sure. There's no mistaking F.L. Koo's art, but I couldn't exactly place the character. I just gotta wonder how many companies get their characters "borrowed" for these shirts.

http://members.spree.com/entertainment/lou_gojira/signatures/Brigette.jpg
Brigette Bardot
My Barefoot Muse

YeldellGW
05-07-2001, 10:09 PM
I dig those shirts too. Let's see which one's I have:

Slash Hanzo from 64II
Bust Haohmaru from 64II
Slash Genjuro from 64
Kazuki from SS4
Seishiro from Warrior's Rage
Slash Asra from 64II
Bust Asra from 64II
Slash Kazuki from 64
Tohma from Warrior's Rage

Can you tell I love these shirts?!

I seen ones with Bust Kazuki from 64II and Zankuro on them too; but I really wish I could find one with Slash Sogetsu from 64II on it.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Tom
05-08-2001, 01:51 PM
I like these shirts, I have the one w/ Hanzo.