SvC for PS2/Xbox/GC?

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
According to this:
<a href="http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=2330" target="_blank">http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=2330</a>
Arcadia says that SvC will be released on the three current consoles this summer. What do you think of this?

If this does indeed happen, I don't think I'm going to get the AES version. After all, there is a difference of about $250. Is anyone else getting cold feet?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
this is the best news of the year as far as im concerned yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Its inevitable that it was going to make onto the big 3, but so soon? I think its crazy, I mean this takes away from the AES release in such a big way. Why not six months later? :mad:
Definetly makes me think twice about getting the AES game (if the info is accurate). And I don't even have any of these consoles. Like a kick in the teeth.

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Are you kidding me it's AES all the way, my boy you have been tainted by the Ports. Hell even the Dc would have been the better choice for the ports, then cube.
But with the cost being a factor, i could agree with you. This Game just Deserves an AES release.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
DevilRedeemed:
Its inevitable that it was going to make onto the big 3, but so soon? I think its crazy, I mean this takes away from the AES release in such a big way. Why not six months later? :mad:
Definetly makes me think twice about getting the AES game (if the info is accurate). And I don't even have any of these consoles. Like a kick in the teeth.
Yes no need for an 1npH3ri0r p0rT enough of those
already! angry

cuccoo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I dont think this would happen. I mean Summer means a simultaneous or near simultaneous release with the mvs. Wouldnt this take away from arcade sales? Its like they are trying to screw up arcade operators, I dont think this is happening. Besides if they want to release it in summer the arcade version should be completed by now in order to finish the port in time for summer, but there is not even a play test for fixing balance issue and such.

This is news is probably fake stuff either from the magazine or website.

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: cuccoo ]</small>

X

Y,
I know that this game is being made to make money, but I always thought that it would be nice to have it as a NEO exclusive. I mean what do the fans of the Neo who have stuck by it thru better and for worse get? A much more expensive version of the game? Its just not fair to the fans. Like I said its a buisness so what can you do.

M

MrMonk

I don't care really, I'm buying the Neo Geo release even if it comes out later.

It sounds like Hugo and Earthquake are going to be in it though.

buttrock

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Just like elitist Neo pricks. There are more than enough of those around too. Those attitudes influenced my decision to switch from Home System to MVS.

X

Y,
cuccoo:
I dont think this would happen. I mean Summer means a simultaneous or near simultaneous release with the mvs. Wouldnt this take away from arcade sales? Its like they are trying to screw up arcade operators, I dont think this is happening. Besides if they want to release it in summer the arcade version should be completed by now in order to finish the port in time for summer, but there is not even a play test for fixing balance issue and such.

This is news is probably fake stuff either from the magazine or website.
Good statement. Ignore my post above then.

Q

qube

No doubt that this game will be inferiorily ported to the next gen consoles so that Playmore can rake it in, but why do I seriously doubt that it will be before the AES release? That just does not make sense to alienate your core following who have helped give life to the Neo for 13 glorious years! Although Playmore cares more about money than they do about us I just do not see a port at the same time as the MVS release, that would cripple their ability to make money off of this game in the arcades, especially in Japan, South America, and some of the other larger arcade markets. I for one hope that this is not true.

Marq

C

Caris Nautilus

If this game is on XBox Live it will rule all. Playmore is a very smart company, they know selling a few thousand AES carts isn't gonna keep their company afloat anymore. Ports keep the neo alive more than any AES release, cause way more people buy ports.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Shit if this gets on xbox live, my 'box will be rockin' 24/7

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Honestly, I would probly buy it for all three systems. Or four, whichever the case would be.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I'm very disappointed,i'll buy it for AES only.

And those 3 next gen conosoles can't handle all that power,just look at C V S 2 especially on the Cube...they can't even have sprites,just flat polygons textured.

But i don't understand why playmore would make us Neo AES fans wait till October-November if the console ports are ready by this Summer...

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Best news I've heard in a LOOOOOONG time.

Buy whatever you want, kids. It all goes to support Playmore and more future releases.

And I doubt that the game coming out so soon at home markets will affect arcade sales. Look at Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Capcom did the same thing and both sold like gangbusters! If the game is great (which it will be), it'll have no problem selling.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
Well piss in my eye.

Whats the point of designing the game on the MVS hardware if they intend to bring it out on the 3 main consoles as soon as summer? Just so we can be treated to low resolutions and jaggies? Heck move the production to Naomi if your going to do this. For gods sake give me high resolution!

This really makes me think twice about buying the AES cart. Money doens't grow on trees.

snk_kid

n00b
You lot need to relax, that report most probably made an assumption. If you get Playmores schedule at there website it says NEO GEO nothing about the others.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Well, I'll buy whatever version comes out first (JP AES or JP PS2) but you really need to stop screaming bloody murder. Ever since DC, all consoles have been able to do perfect Neo Geo conversions.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i cant believe there are ppl here who would wish the game would only come out on mvs and aes so only them and other elitists could play it at home.... i dont have an aes or mvs and im sorry, please forgive me for wantin to play this game at home asap on my ps2/cube/xbox :) :)

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I'll get whichever version comes out first. All you mofos need to relax and support your game company.

SNKJorge

The thing with ports is that they are not only
inferior, but also the fans of the consoles where
these games get ported 90% don't give a fuck
about them, that's the saddest shit. :rolleyes:

C

Caris Nautilus

xtoo_short20x:
shut up, you don't even buy mvs/aes.

port buyers support snk more than you do, idiot.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i however do care and thus await my port eagerly... the only reason ports are inferior is becoz playmore cant be f@@ked making them perfect, the current consoles are more than capable...

i look forward to playing this game in the arcades over here even more.. playmore will certainly make a shit load of money off me that way...

SNKJorge

Drift King EX:
xtoo_short20x:
shut up, you don't even buy mvs/aes.

port buyers support snk more than you do, idiot.
One would think you have changed but you are the
same stupid little fucking twat. Go back to your
High School Classroom and fuck off. tickled