Hugo and Earthquake revealed for SvC

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
<a href="http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Emmcafe/pics03/svc-2.jpg" target="_blank">http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Emmcafe/pics03/svc-2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Emmcafe/pics03/svc-2.jpg" target="_blank">http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Emmcafe/pics03/svc-2.jpg</a>

MMCafe hasn't been updated yet but here's the pics before they go up

[Bobak's edit: Here's the Earthquake link: <a href="http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Emmcafe/pics03/svc-1.jpg" target="_blank">http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Emmcafe/pics03/svc-1.jpg</a> ]

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>

Robert

20 Year Member
Good news!
They decide to put characters from the entire SNK and capcom world, not just SF2 and KOF

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
With these two characters coming out of left field, this game has suddenly jumped to the very top of my MUST HAVE RIGHT THIS VERY INSTANT list.

I'm extremely curious to find out what the rest of the character roster will be.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
WILD choices there...
looks like this title will have a nice share of BIG Guys...
I hope they draw Earthquake somewhat like his original character in SamSho I which was more intimidating..I did'nt like his appearance too much in SSII
Can we have a Big Bear/Raiden wrapped all into one via the press of a button on character select screen.
The art for those two characters looks good btw.
-BB

C

Caris Nautilus

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Earthquake OWNS so hard, I can see him being insane... dammit, they should have picked Gaira though, he is the ultimate SS bigman.

Hugo is stupid IMO, hate him.

Bold choice though, I doubt anyone will know who quake is unless they are old school snk.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Horrid art, exciting prospects!

Maybe some Savage Rein characters? Breakers? World Heroes?

Edit: Basara maybe? Shingo? Eiji?

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: Daisuke Jigen ]</small>

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
please please please PLEASE give us Kazuki too frown

Robert

20 Year Member
Is any chance to see characters from SNK beat em all? I don't know, but I pray hard.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Excellent. I can't wait to see the rest of the cast now. Well, I can, I just don't feel like waiting very long. . .

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
why Hugo? why not Alex? :( oh well, a grappler is a grappler

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
OH MY GOD.

First off, the artwork for this game is absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough how much I dig it.

Secondly...what choice characters so far! I could really do without Chun-li...but who am I kidding? There was no doubt she'd be in the game.

But---oh man! Hugo!?!?!
Please...more characters from Third Strike---PLEASE. URIEN...GILL...Q...anyone! Fuck.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Obscure characters, I like.

Artwork, I don't like.

Although it's nice to see some fresh faces in the SvC world, I would have been a bit disappointed if it were the same popular characters in the mix, Chun Li, Ken, Ryu, Kyo, Iori, Ryo, etc...

Maybe there's a chance my old pal Galford or K9999 will make an appearance.

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Average Joe:
Obscure characters, I like.

Artwork, I don't like.

Although it's nice to see some fresh faces in the SvC world, I would have been a bit disappointed if it were the same popular characters in the mix, Chun Li, Ken, Ryu, Kyo, Iori, Ryo, etc...

Maybe there's a chance my old pal Galford or K9999 will make an appearance.
If K9999 gets in this game, I'll have kittens.

K hunter

Kula's Candy
wow.. really nice character addtitions! it seems like they are adding fighters who should have been the game from the get-go.. cant wait to see more.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Well... at least it won't be a KOF vs Street Fighter as stated above.

If they put an arranged version of earthquake's song from SS1 it could be great (cool hardrock-samurai music)

Well... for hugo... i just don't like him since Final fight :p don't ask why.

I would rather prefer Mike Haggar instead.

PD: There's a hope to see the main character from Star Gladiator (Hayato) in it...

And we could have an Hayato (Capcom's Star Gladiator) VS Hayate (SNK's Savage Reign) buttrock Fuuuun'ken

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
quick translations:

hugo page:
-in yellow on the right hand side "attention will be on the "hissatsu waza" (deadly moves).
-blue white writin at the bottom "from germany" (hugo the char is).
-in the white box "if you are going to talk about grapplers from sfIII then you would be talking about this guy, hugo. its beyond doubt that there is a group of fans excited about hugos style of throwing blocking characters. another interesting facet is how you will use hugos strike hissatsu waza."
below the white box-"in the case the opponent does not spend much time blocking (playin defensively) how effective hugos other moves will be is an important point. will using hugo revolve around using hugos powerful hissatsu waza skillfully? or a combination of easy to use strikes and going all out with throws? the throwing system of this game is going to be a very interesting point."
blue and white writin on hugos left arm-"fighting stlye=prowrestling"

ill wait a while b4 i do earthquake :)

SSS

neo retired
Why does Earthquake's face in that drawing remind me of a charcater from Spawn?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
my opinion only :)

1. im hopin this game doesnt have weapons or old setting chars (modernized versions would be cool though)
2. k9999 please noooooo soooo fuckin cheezy
3. ah.. thats all

C

Caris Nautilus

those screens and artworks are old, the hugo art is from SF3, the screenshot is from 3rd strike, same with quake, the shot is SS2 and I think the artwork is SS2 as well.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Earthquake !!!!!!

Man, this is promising..

Can't wait for more details

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
AAARRRTTTHQQQUUUAAAKKKEEE!!

Looks like Playmore have access to any series!! glad to see they are gonna put SF3 charaters in and to be honest Hugo is better than having Zangief Right :)

As for ARTHQUAKE! he does look like Clown From spawn but hey its good to see him back!!

Now where's Eiji......

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
hey drift king of course the screen shots are old... they havent released any actual shots yet duh! and i would have to disagree with you on the artwork both pieces look new and by the same artist who has done the other art for the game....