Would original characters for SvC: Chaos be a good idea?

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Just thinking of this recently. Why don`t both Playmore and Capcom each design at least one new character each to put in their new and upcoming title SvC: Chaos? It worked for MvC2 with Ruby Heart, why not this title as well? Please post your ideas and thoughts.

Thanks!

P.S. Maybe taking D.D or Rook from Capcom Fighting Allstars could be a start for the Capcom side (just a thought.)

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
I doubt it. Though a newly designed boss character would be great by my opinion.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I think I'd probably speak for the majority when I say I'd rather see the cart space used up for existing characters. We've wanted this game on the Neo Geo for many years, and I think the main thing everyone wants is to be able to fight their favourite SNK characters against the Capcom ones (or vice versa), not new ones that we have never seen before.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
lets assume they have a mid range roster of 32 chars (little less that kof and a little more than ff) then 2 original chars would be ok i think but im really hangin for some old school ff chars

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Oh please god yes!
As much as I love a lot of the SNK characters, I really dont need a game that just spits out re-used sprites, moves and animations all over again.

In my opinion, both SNK and Capcom have re-used their characters ad nausiam already, so I have little desire to see them wheeled out yet again.

I like something new y'know (Bows at the shrine of Noise Factory)

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Absolutely not; there are enough awesome characters in the pool and it will interesting enough to play SNK characters versus Capcom without having space used up on some new guys. (Capcom versus SNK is so disappointing, that doesn't count!)

I agree with dmhawkmoon their are to many Character's that they can choose they need not to bring back all these same ass character's that we been playing with for years this will destroy the game so please don't fuck this reality up??????

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I just hope Ryu is in the game. HE BETTER BE IN IT!!! very_ang

Underdog

Camel Slug
Ryu being in the game is a given. Same for Terry, and Kyo. They're the posterboys for each company.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Maybe a new boss character, because I feel like the whole Bison/Geese thing is so played out that it makes me sick. But even so, I would rather see two old characters fill this slot, like Gill/Orochi.
And on a side note. Why does everyone always use my avatar. I get one uploaded, instead of the normal Hanzo ones that were already on the site, and someone uses that too! Arg! make_fac loco

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Personally, I'd rather see classic characters. No need to create new ones, there are plenty of existing characters to choose from.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
While I don't like the idea of having a new face on the team since the recent efforts from "playmore\brezza\mega\eolith\noisefactory" haven't been what I would refer to as classics I, however, think that one new character for each side wouldn't hurt. I just don't want bad character design. Nothing stupid looking...no K9999,Foxy or Ramon...they were horrid. I want somekind of badass fighter. Thats what people want. If you can't look cool while beating the shit out of your opponent, then why the hell do it at all?

So, yes, if SNK and Capcom could take the time and effort to design a character with style, I would love it. However, (and there is always an however in this case)if the new character turns out to be a filler piece of crap, it will do nothing but mar what could end up being a perfect brawl fest.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
BryLmoo:
While I don't like the idea of having a new face on the team since the recent efforts from "playmore\brezza\mega\eolith\noisefactory" haven't been what I would refer to as classics I, however, think that one new character for each side wouldn't hurt. I just don't want bad character design. Nothing stupid looking...no K9999,Foxy or Ramon...they were horrid. I want somekind of badass fighter. Thats what people want. If you can't look cool while beating the shit out of your opponent, then why the hell do it at all?

So, yes, if SNK and Capcom could take the time and effort to design a character with style, I would love it. However, (and there is always an however in this case)if the new character turns out to be a filler piece of crap, it will do nothing but mar what could end up being a perfect brawl fest.
Very true BryLmoo. It`s hard I imagine for even experienced companies like SNK and Capcom to even get it right sometimes. I do believe though that if they could realise some of that classic quality in some of their old designs again they`d have a pretty good time designing a new character each buttrock .